BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan Athletic v Blackburn Rovers-Match Preview

Ozz

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be more upset about my defence if I was Martinez. They were as fast-a-sleep to the " short corner " as the referee plus the goalkeeper made a complete cock up of a pretty innocuous cross. I can't understand why Pedersen chose to run the ball in if he knew that Yakubu hadn't touched the ball. Where was the lineman ?

I don't think that Pedersen knew that Yakubu hadn't touched it. I think Yakubu's intention was to take it short to Pedersen then he realised that we don't do that and took a fresh air shot. Quite simply the referee, assistant and fourth official didn't see anything and they too thought that Yakubu had touched it.

Whether Pedersen know or not only he knows. Either way he has to be complimented on his quick thinking.

I'm sure that's still the case Den.

No, the Law on Corner kicks states that the ball is in play if it has been kicked and has moved, it doesn't specify how far or which direction (unlike other circumstances when it specifies it must have moved Forward, or when it must have left the Penalty Area etc)

No, the Law on Corner kicks states that the ball is in play if it has been kicked and has moved, it doesn't specify how far or which direction (unlike other circumstances when it specifies it must have moved Forward, or when it must have left the Penalty Area etc)

Absolutely correct. The law changed quite a few years ago with regard to re starts. The ball used to have to travel the distance of it's own circumference but now it has been simplified.

Robinson is a weak link also, people won't agree I know but I think he's a poor keeper

I think there are other areas to look at before we start changing goal keeper. Robinson regularly prevents score lines from being a lot worse than they could/should be.

I think there are other areas to look at before we start changing goal keeper. Robinson regularly prevents score lines from being a lot worse than they could/should be.

Yeah, I wouldn't say he's a weak link, but he hasn't been up to standard (perhaps due to his personal life?). Felt he could've done better with a lot of goals we've conceded this year. But our major problem is the lack of organisation in midfield. Teams simply walk through us.

I'd like to see a fairly solid midfield and defense in front of Robbo before I cast judgement on whether he's a weak link or not. In most games this season he has pulled of some brilliant saves and kept the scoreline from getting completely out of control. There is a lot of pressure on him with such a crumbly midfield and a disorganised back four in front of him.

Robbo's pretty much one of the only players at the club I feel genuinely cares about the fans. Possibly Pedersen as well. The rest don't seem to care much if at all.

I think you can add Nelsen to that then I agree.

Yeah, I wouldn't say he's a weak link, but he hasn't been up to standard (perhaps due to his personal life?). Felt he could've done better with a lot of goals we've conceded this year. But our major problem is the lack of organisation in midfield. Teams simply walk through us.

A keeper has to have confidence in his defence and vice versa, unfortunately, the defence is all over the place and consequently Robbo is getting into the wrong positions, shote are coming in which should be closed down, hence his anger at his defence yesterday, defending is as a unit, the whole team and that is the problem!!

A keeper has to have confidence in his defence and vice versa, unfortunately, the defence is all over the place and consequently Robbo is getting into the wrong positions, shote are coming in which should be closed down, hence his anger at his defence yesterday, defending is as a unit, the whole team and that is the problem!!

There were two occasions I saw yesterday when Robbo went bersek at the players in front of him.

Kean is incapable of orrganising a defence.

IF the rumours are true that Kean said not to go over to the fans, I don't think Robbo will get the captain's armband again any time soon.

You can quiet clearly see from the picture a few pages back he's basically faced the fans and said "#### ye"

Absolutely shocking excuse for a professional.

That's what I meant to say earlier. Unfortunately Robbo's not our biggest problem.

Archived