BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan Athletic v Blackburn Rovers-Match Preview

Ozz

• Backroom

Disgusted that Kean ushered the players down the tunnel and instructed them not to come and applaud the fans for their support. The players really wanted to show their appreciation.

That's not a rumour, that's from as close to the horses mouth as possible.

No sympathy from me for the players even if that is true. If they really wanted to go and applaud the fans they should have done it regardless of what that little bald gnome was yelling at them. What's he going to do, give them a new contract?

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its only a bit of banter you miserable old git, just put me on ignore and carry on reading all the other repetative depressing doom and gloom posts.

WUMs are never respected, and smarmy children even less. Has anyone shown the slightest amusement at your utterings? If you don't want to take part in a proper discussion do one. I'm now taking my own advice and not feeding you. Too much hassle to put you on ignore.

WUMs are never respected, and smarmy children even less. Has anyone shown the slightest amusement at your utterings? If you don't want to take part in a proper discussion do one. I'm now taking my own advice and not feeding you. Too much hassle to put you on ignore.

sorry but i cant remember the last time a so a proper discussion going on here, just mainly self righteous drones all saying the same thing and agreeing with each other, does not a discussion make,

i only come on here to pick up the odd bit of gossip from kammy and the like, but having to wade through all the dullness people like you write gives me an itch to have a mess about.

sorry but i cant remember the last time a so a proper discussion going on here, just mainly self righteous drones all saying the same thing and agreeing with each other, does not a discussion make,

i only come on here to pick up the odd bit of gossip from kammy and the like, but having to wade through all the dullness people like you write gives me an itch to have a mess about.

Obviously back from skool, time to do your homework sonny.

Parsonblue's match report is now published to the front page here.

Blimey Parson I tuned in to get a match report of Saturdays game as for the first time in years I was unable to get any coverage of the match due to birthday celebrations in Derbyshire; not even Match of the Day. Your first 4 paragraphs left the reader in no doubt as to your take on current events. Then every paragraph bar the Yakubu first goal was a catalogue of criticism of the manager, the owners and individual players ad infinitum. Were there no positives to be gained from a 3-3 draw away from home? No reference to the morale of the team playing with 10 men in the face of constant abuse from the vocal away support?

Like you i remember the 1965-66 season but I cant recall the abuse that the team got then that they are getting now.

If you are to give us these match reports then can I ask that you offer a bit more balance; criticise as necessary but dont let your dislike of Kean and the Rao family colour your objectivity totally.

Lucky Lucky Lucky, all three of our goals...

1st Caudwell leaves ball he quite easily could clear

2nd Dodgy corner, dodgy keeper, dodgy backpost defending

3rd 6.5mins into 6 mins of injury time, if their defender doesnt move the header goes wide...

Defensively all game but especially 1st 40 mins we were a shambles. No pressure on the ball, limited running back, no personal responsibility to the team cause.

On the ball, Wigan were stronger, faster, more direct, tried to attack quickly, Rovers were sluggish, slow passing, too easy to mark and as both wide men came in off their lines it meant Wigan could be very compact. We soon ran out of forward passes, then started passing it aimlessly around first midfield then defence before either a long ball or someone trying to dribble around 1/2 a team losing it, and Wigan counter-attacking.

As we lined up after 1/2 time we switched to a 4-4-2, I immediately said why hasnt he put Dunny on the left and MGP in middle. For my money Dunny is most effective cutting in from the left and isnt physically able to do the defensive work of a CM now, MGP IMO has played really well there last few games.

After the stupid sending off, we played a lot better, but didnt look really like doing anything other than containing Wigan, who scored their 3rd at the point I thought we looked strongest.

Looking at the bench, nothing on there to change a game. (Credit though to Henley who I thought did well on his PL debut.)

Wigan looked very dodgy at the back but much better in midfield and attack. They should have won comfortably.

Blimey Parson I tuned in to get a match report of Saturdays game as for the first time in years I was unable to get any coverage of the match due to birthday celebrations in Derbyshire; not even Match of the Day. Your first 4 paragraphs left the reader in no doubt as to your take on current events. Then every paragraph bar the Yakubu first goal was a catalogue of criticism of the manager, the owners and individual players ad infinitum. Were there no positives to be gained from a 3-3 draw away from home? No reference to the morale of the team playing with 10 men in the face of constant abuse from the vocal away support?

Like you i remember the 1965-66 season but I cant recall the abuse that the team got then that they are getting now.

If you are to give us these match reports then can I ask that you offer a bit more balance; criticise as necessary but dont let your dislike of Kean and the Rao family colour your objectivity totally.

Parson gives probably the most accurate match reports I have seen, he praises indeed when deserved but if he doesnt feel it deserved, he doesnt post it, as for balance, he sees what I have seen all season, The issue of Kean or the raos will never come into Parsons reports, trust me!!

I'm sorry but what? :blink:

It's the complete opposite around here in most threads, almost all of the time.

Sorry you didn't enjoy the match report tony. I try to be as objective as possible but I have to say that on Saturday I saw very little to be positive about. We managed to snatch a point from a team who had lost their previous eight League games and who, in all fairness, ought to have beaten us. We have seven points from twelve games and a whole host of new signings from the last two transfer windows have failed to make much in the way of an impact.

It would be impossible to write a report on Saturday's game without being critical of the performance as it was not very good. Indeed, it was in stark contrast to the performance at Norwich which I described as our best of the season the best away performance for some time. On Saturday we were very poor and the lack of organisation comes down to the manager. Week in and week out our defence is exposed down the flanks and our defensive organisation on Saturday was very poor - Wigan's second goal being a perfect example.

My dislike of Steve Kean simply comes from the fact that he is not very good at winning football matches whilst the owners have made a series of disastrous decisions which are now having a major impact on the football club. My report accurately reflected the fact that the fans turned on both the manager - nothing new there - and the owners - which was new. Having faced the wrath of the supporters one would hope that the owners might reflect on what is happening at the club and finally take action to correct the mistakes which they admit they have made. As for the manager he must start to get results soon or we will be cut adrift. We are already four points away from safety and defeat at Stoke could well see that gap increased further.

Prior to the game, our manager came out with a statement which suggested there wasn't the slightest chance of the club being relegated. Unfortunately, the facts suggest otherwise and Saturday's performance certainly suggests otherwise. It was simply a foolish statement to make as no team is too good to go down. As I said, I believe the 1965-66 team was far superior to this one and Jack Marshall a much better manager than Steve Kean and yet we still went down. When I suggested that both the Rovers and Wigan will be playing Championship football next season I would think that the majority of the fans at the DW Stadium on Saturday might have left the ground with the same opinion.

One thing I've noticed time and time again this season is the closing down of opposition players, or lack of with Rovers. It was really noticeable at Newcastle away, the fact you are sat so high lets you see the game from a completely unique angle, you see both teams movements at once if that makes sense, both formations.. the pitch looks more like a drawing board. Anyway, each time a Rovers player.. i.e Hoilett moved with the ball a triangle of Newcastle players closed them down the whole time. Most often a combination of Winger/Full back/Center Mid or Defense would surround the rovers man, very rarely any less. However any Newcastle attack and their man was left one on one against our defender.. who would stand off! Occasionally N'Zonzi would come over pretty casually. We've got the basics all wrong, we might be working hard but it seems against ourselves at times. I feel we are really missing Jermaine Jones this year and a good manager + game plan.

Thanks, Den for the link to The Laws of the Game. After reading law 17, Corner Kicks, I have learned two things:-

1) You can score directly from a corner kick providing the ball goes into the opponents' goal.

Now.....if you welly it so hard and so wayward that it goes back up the pitch and through your own goal without anyone touching it, IT'S NOT AN OWN GOAL.

Presumably the ref would have to award your opponents a corner kick.

2) If your goalkeeper takes the corner kick and wellys the ball back up the pitch towards his own goal; then chases after it, catches up to it and touches it with his hands in his own penalty area ( without anyone else touching it), the ref must award an indirect free kick to your opponents where the offence took place; that spot in your own penalty area.

THE MIND BOGGLES. WHO WROTE THESE LAWS?

Back to the game. Peds and the Yak have probably practised this in training and Peds must have though Yak touched the ball with his foot. He didn't.

The ref should have awarded an indirect free kick to Wigan from the place where Peds touched the ball for the second time.

Kean picked the wrong team and the wrong formation. Wigan - eight games unbeaten Wigan - had enough chances to bury us. We were awful.

You obviously don't really want balance, as Parson Blue's was balanced and spot-on.

We're now essentially 5 points away from safety, with Kean actively trying to split the fans and seems to be starting to really enjoy antagonising them.

Seriously...what's wrong with you?

It looks like Stephen Kean took us to a new, all time low, in encouraging the team to cheat with that corner for the second goal.

A match review programme on Premier League TV again covered MGPs ''corner kick' in details with lots of slow motion, different angles etc.

In summary they thought it was a rehearsed move with Yak to just faintly touch the ball first - it just so happens he missed it from six inches! They fell about laughing at that.

MGP seeing that the Ref wasn't looking just took 'advantage' of the situation.

I've been working all weekend so haven't been on here and have just watched the game back on football first. One word sums up my feelings after seeing that game back ... Frightening!

We played Wigan, yes bottom placed Wigan, the same Wigan who have only scored a meager 7 goals thus far this season all in all a very poor side. They hammered us, lets not beat around the bush they should have been out of sight before half time. They were denied a stone wall penalty and well I doubt Martinez has slept a wink since the 'cornergate' scandal, we used our seasons worth of luck in this game regarding referees so be prepared for some more howlers to come our way.

I am pulling out what very little hair I have left with the appauling standard of goals we are giving away, carbon copies week in week out sometimes you shrug as there is nothing that could be done about good goals but so often we concede the same goal. Ball on the wing, opposition player is given way too much time and is allowed to put in an unopposed cross, we win the ball but just about clear our box due to a poor clearance, opposition player is first to the ball EVERY BLOODY TIME who is allowed an unopposed strike at goal which leaves Robinson flat footed. I have seen this goal so often it is driving me insane, how are we not getting this right on the training ground!? I'm led to believe the only slightest glimmer of a positive Kean has to his name is he is a 'good coach' yet we constantly make the same mistakes surely a coach at any amateur side would recognise this and address it as it happens weekly.

A few things that really need addressing I feel are - Salgado, just too slow unfortunately time has caught up with the galactico and if he is up against any sort of pace he just looks like a rabbit in the headlights. It is a shame for such a legend of the game but surely he needs to hold his hands up and admit defeat.

Givet, at centre half he is a solid hero of a defender at full back he looks like a league 2 player huffing and puffing chasing shadows, centre half or nothing for me.

Dunn, the performance and more importantly the tackling just reminded me so much of a bloke in the Accy Combination who's legs had gone and was determined to take his frustrations out with mistimed and quite frankly terrible tackles.

Obviously there are many more issues but the above ones are just the ones that need to be addressed right away. I have always thought we will escape relegation but I don't think there are enough poor teams to drop below us anymore. I just cannot see us scoring enough goals to counter balance the goals we are glaringly obviously going to concede each game. Norwich and Wigan are teams we need to be above yet we concede 3 goals against both of these teams, goals against will kill us this season and unfortunately I just can't see this issue being addressed soon enough to save us.

I've been working all weekend so haven't been on here and have just watched the game back on football first. One word sums up my feelings after seeing that game back ... Frightening!

We played Wigan, yes bottom placed Wigan, the same Wigan who have only scored a meager 7 goals thus far this season all in all a very poor side. They hammered us, lets not beat around the bush they should have been out of sight before half time. They were denied a stone wall penalty and well I doubt Martinez has slept a wink since the 'cornergate' scandal, we used our seasons worth of luck in this game regarding referees so be prepared for some more howlers to come our way.

I am pulling out what very little hair I have left with the appauling standard of goals we are giving away, carbon copies week in week out sometimes you shrug as there is nothing that could be done about good goals but so often we concede the same goal. Ball on the wing, opposition player is given way too much time and is allowed to put in an unopposed cross, we win the ball but just about clear our box due to a poor clearance, opposition player is first to the ball EVERY BLOODY TIME who is allowed an unopposed strike at goal which leaves Robinson flat footed. I have seen this goal so often it is driving me insane, how are we not getting this right on the training ground!? I'm led to believe the only slightest glimmer of a positive Kean has to his name is he is a 'good coach' yet we constantly make the same mistakes surely a coach at any amateur side would recognise this and address it as it happens weekly.

A few things that really need addressing I feel are - Salgado, just too slow unfortunately time has caught up with the galactico and if he is up against any sort of pace he just looks like a rabbit in the headlights. It is a shame for such a legend of the game but surely he needs to hold his hands up and admit defeat.

Givet, at centre half he is a solid hero of a defender at full back he looks like a league 2 player huffing and puffing chasing shadows, centre half or nothing for me.

Dunn, the performance and more importantly the tackling just reminded me so much of a bloke in the Accy Combination who's legs had gone and was determined to take his frustrations out with mistimed and quite frankly terrible tackles.

Obviously there are many more issues but the above ones are just the ones that need to be addressed right away. I have always thought we will escape relegation but I don't think there are enough poor teams to drop below us anymore. I just cannot see us scoring enough goals to counter balance the goals we are glaringly obviously going to concede each game. Norwich and Wigan are teams we need to be above yet we concede 3 goals against both of these teams, goals against will kill us this season and unfortunately I just can't see this issue being addressed soon enough to save us.

you summed the game up very well: "frightening". Wigan should have had 4 by half time, and their goalie did not have to make a save.

It was worse for me....I went!

Say what you will about Dunny's performance, attitude, preparation etc, but I can confirm, he sure as hell aint fat. Out in Pune we discussed his view of the fans and anonymous keyboard warriors in general. He said it wound him up that people called him fat, then he whipped off his shirt ... and my god ... he is RIPPED ! Serious, not an ounce of fat on him. He did mentioned the fact he has a fat arse, which makes him look fat, but I have first hand experience (as somebody who's berated him for looking like he spent more time in Leavers the the gym) that's he's not fat!

My mate's family are very good friends with Dunnys family, and have been for decades. He said exactly the same thing, not an ounce of fat on him it's deceptive because of the way he's made - and because of his big arse.

Blimey, a report on the match report.

It's because it was his match report not yours, he saw it that way so that's the way it's written.

If you ever do one I'd want to read your thoughts, not your thoughts filtered through what someone else wants from it.

Bit difficult to remove Kean and the owners from the report as they are definitely affecting what's going on on the pitch.

Was truly dissapointed with Dunny on Saturday. He didnt seem to care. That challenge he had in first half wasnt "giving it all" it was just a stupid tackle. How Kean didnt sub him when we all knew that he was going to pick up a red is beyond me.

A proper manager would have done, simple as.

Archived