BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Robinson

Neal

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't blame him - he's in the peak of his career and would be a cracking 'keeper for a team like Arsenal.

I think he's looking heavier this season, which hasn't helped him - maybe due to the amateurish backroom setup under Kean, maybe due to a lack of motivation in the current situation at Ewood.

Good luck to him if he goes, he's done a fine job for us :tu:

Trust me I like Robbo and you can tell that he holds the fans in high regard which is an extreme rarity with our bunch; but he's been shocking this season.

Personally think he has been ok - considering the shambles called our defence (more aimed at the midfield than the defenders really).

As sombeody else said - if players are upset with Kean as manager - they need to come out and say so. To be honest - if a few of them turned on him in the press - it may force Venky's into getting rid of him.

I dont blame Robbo, must be a joke to put up with all the BS from Kean and the lack of staff and leadership at Ewood.

It just hope that the players that DO leave, gives a hint of the mood in the dressingroom regarding Kean - would be really great.

Personally think he has been ok - considering the shambles called our defence (more aimed at the midfield than the defenders really).

As sombeody else said - if players are upset with Kean as manager - they need to come out and say so. To be honest - if a few of them turned on him in the press - it may force Venky's into getting rid of him.

Don't get me wrong, it would be difficult for Buffon or Casillas to look decent for us this season such is the joke that's been going on in front of him. But I reckon you could attribute 7+ goals to Robinson's poor keeping this season with Wigan being a particular low. You'd be hard pushed to blame more than 2 on Brad per season.

Regarding your second point, the players would never go behind Kean's back in the press. I would say they should grow some and speak to one of the powers that be at the club; but how or who more importantly would they speak to?! It's a complete shambles.

Trust me I like Robbo and you can tell that he holds the fans in high regard which is an extreme rarity with our bunch; but he's been shocking this season.

Completely agree, not sure if the stats are the same as a few weeks ago but Robbo has the worst shots to saves ratio in the league. My gripe is the amount of times he just stands and watches the ball go in, surely his positioning is pretty suspect to be rooted so often.

Nobody would sign him on current form, he's throwing one in every week. Went it said Paul Robinson on the move I thought why didn't he move for the last goal at Stoke ?

Agreed, the way he is playing at the moment i will pay his taxi fare out for him, dont rate him as a keeper one bit and think he is living on his past reputation, there are a lot better keepers out there at the moment probably on a lot less money.

Agreed, the way he is playing at the moment i will pay his taxi fare out for him, dont rate him as a keeper one bit and think he is living on his past reputation, there are a lot better keepers out there at the moment probably on a lot less money.

and would you come to Ewood knowing that the club is rotten at its heart now? If i were an upcoming young keeper or even an old one looking for a last payout, rovers is the last place I'd come.

and would you come to Ewood knowing that the club is rotten at its heart now? If i were an upcoming young keeper or even an old one looking for a last payout, rovers is the last place I'd come.

Yeah they would, all players are driven by money and if rovers pay the players agent enough cash they would sign on the dotted line and hold a blue and white shirt up with a smile.

Yeah they would, all players are driven by money and if rovers pay the players agent enough cash they would sign on the dotted line and hold a blue and white shirt up with a smile.

Not if they were ambitious, a Keeper has to have confidence in the people in front of them, a defence should work as a unit right from the strikers, we arent, we are so poor at the back a NWCFL side would score against us!

My only criticism of him is he doesn't command his area enough in terms of coming to claim crosses and corners. There have been many instances where the ball would be dropped around the six yard box and he still wouldn't come and claim it. He does seem to have improved on this facet of his game to last season though. Besides from that can't really fault him would be gutted if he left.

A good goalkeeper is as good as his defence, which this season is a complete and utter shambles as Kean could defend his way off a burning ship. Shame on you, he is one of the only players acknowledging supporters and plays out of his skin.

I hope so, he's cost us a lot of goals this season. Massively overrated.

Well lets go through the bottom half and discuss better keepers than Robbo. Not many better than him. Arguably Schwarzer is a fair keeper, and Hennesey 'could' make a gooden but isn't quite ready yet. Robbo isn't perfect by any stretch, but he's a decent PL keeper, and has served the club very well! He certainly would not be on my list of outgoing transfers if i could choose a few.

Maybe we got spoilt by having Friedel so long, one of the best keepers in PL history.

Mate, its a job to him....would you risk things when he can probably move somewhere else for more money....be labled a troublemaker? Get real...these guys dont give a shyte about us.

Archived