BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Robinson

Neal

End of the day, he is no Brad Friedel.

However, he is a senior pro and someone who has played at the highest level.

There is no surprise that any player with standards and ambition wouldn't want to play for that complete clown masquerading as a football manager.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Mattyblue' timestamp='1322725756' post='

End of the day, he is no Brad Friedel.

Thing is there was no other keeper in the world which I would have taken over Brad at his best but even he in the latter days of Souness and early days of Hughes was put in a position of a shambolic defence in front of him and couldnt do anything about it. We were privilaged to have a truely world class keeper play for us for as long as he did and to think we questioned why when he signed. Friedel could and perhaps should have played for one of Europes megaclubs.

Robbo is a decent guy, a very good keeper who rarely lets us down. One of the few players I feel an affinity with at the club. I shall be very sorry to see him leave. I think he cares, along with Pedersen, probably the only two who give a sh!t about the state of the club.

Still that's what you get with too much money in the game, foreign players and foreign owners.

Robbo is a decent guy, a very good keeper who rarely lets us down. One of the few players I feel an affinity with at the club. I shall be very sorry to see him leave. I think he cares, along with Pedersen, probably the only two who give a sh!t about the state of the club.

Still that's what you get with too much money in the game, foreign players and foreign owners.

Foreign players aren't too much of a problem if you have the right manager in charge.

Name one , other than MGP, from our current squad who shows the slightest sign he cares about the club and it's support.

Salgado probably does.

Nelsen (and robbo) Dunn too probably..

and Anderson :rolleyes:

I really can't understand these "Robbo's rubbish" comments on here.

What a fickle lot you are, and be careful what you wish for. Who seriously thinks we'll end up with a better keeper with this lot still in charge?

Sure he's not been having his best season, but let's face it any goalkeeper would be struggling to play well with a defence like ours, a non-existent "manager" and total and utter lack of direction from above.

If I were Robbo and I got a good offer I'd be off like a shot in January.

• Backroom

He's a good keeper but lets in too many goals low down, often he could easily stick a leg out and save it but goes with his hand and doesn't get down quick enough.

We were spoilt by Brad though

He's a good keeper but lets in too many goals low down, often he could easily stick a leg out and save it but goes with his hand and doesn't get down quick enough.

Was just going to mention that, Brad stopped an awful lot feet first like the 3rd Stoke goal. It's one of Robbo's weaknesses letting quite a few in inbetween arm an waist area. He can't get down quick enough. Good keeper and good bloke but yes we had a worldie in Brad for a lot of his time here.

Shame on yous my arse, our christmas tree moves faster than Robbo at the moment. The 3rd goal at Stoke was awful, he just watched it roll in.

I think blaming him for the 3rd Stoke goal is harsh. Difficult to keep those out from close range. The blame for that goal lies with Grant Hanley.

Disagree with that. Robbo has his weaknesses (as did Brad), but by his own standards set at the club, he is playing below-par.

Archived