BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Robinson

Neal

Cross goal shot from close range going across his body. What do you expect him to do with it? A catch would have been little short of miraculous.

Harsh to blame Robinson for the second goal but I was dissapointed with his lack of any kind of reaction for the first. Such a poor goal to concede on a few levels one of which was Robinson seeming to watch Lita's header trundle past him.

The late save however, demonstrated that he remains a very good keeper.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cross goal shot from close range going across his body. What do you expect him to do with it? A catch would have been little short of miraculous.

I don't expect him to parry it straight down to the feet of the nearest Swansea player. For a cross-shot it was pretty soft, more like a cross-chip. He wasn't great for the first goal either, he seemed flat footed ( not for the first time this season ), Samba was more at fault for that one though.

I think blaming him for the 3rd Stoke goal is harsh. Difficult to keep those out from close range. The blame for that goal lies with Grant Hanley.

Difficult to keep out ? I agree if you're not wearing a cap. If you are just throw your cap on it.

• Backroom

Can't agree here it was a nothing cross with no power at all it gets worse when I see it back

Shame on yous my arse, our christmas tree moves faster than Robbo at the moment. The 3rd goal at Stoke was awful, he just watched it roll in.

Noticed on Saturday that Robbo's put a fair amount of weight back on. I guess this is down to the 'holiday camp' training centre we have under Kean's tenure.

It's no wonder he's isn't particularly mobile...

who did he keep thumbing up in the blackburn end?

He has a box in the Blackburn End. Quite often see his family and little boy at the window waving.

Agree with the above.

It's no coincidence that Robbo's best form for us has come when Sam had him whipped into shape and trimmed a lot of excess body weight.

But right now, he does look a bit bulkier again and his mobility/agility is suffering for it.

And yes, I do put a large portion of that blame onto Kean and his two-bob coaching/fitness staff.

Can't agree here it was a nothing cross with no power at all it gets worse when I see it back

Anything going across body should be parried, unless 1000% you will catch it. Only thing you can pin on him for that is that he didnt parry towards corner flag (out of danger)

With Swanseas first, no keeper was getting that, wasnt the most powerful but was right in the corner

To be fair to robbo the defence infront of him is the weakest in the prem. He has left some soft goals in lately by his own standards but his confidence must be low. How long since he had a clean sheet. He must wonder whats the point. He will make several top saves and still the opponents just walk straight through the defence.

• 3 weeks later...

Lots of rumours about what is going on with Robbo.

Injured or fallout with Kean ? Who knows, but have seem more speculation about the latter than the former and notably, Nicko, who has been sympathatic to both Venky's & Kean, soon had a 'six week exclusive' on Twitter about Robbo's calf !

Strikes me that we need more of the likes of Robbo in the fight ahead against relegation and he certainly seems one of the stronger characters amongst the players evidenced by the fact that he is one of very, very few players who have retained a relationship with the support in these difficult times.

Injured or otherwise, we need Robbo back ASAP.

Don't think Nicko is as enamoured with Venky's or Kean as he was previously, judging by his tweets. He's definitely got it in for Venky's, think he believes they've set his boy up for a fall.

Well that would not be difficult because old deluded one has proved he is ###### all on his own occord!

One of the few players, imo, who can hold his head up this season.

And one, I think, who's been popular with fans at the various clubs he's been at. I remember him getting a terrific reception, which he reciprocated at the end of the game, at White Hart Lane in his first season with us. I hope he'd get similar at Ewood when/if he moves.

Even if he's been a bit off his previous really high standards this season, I fear his departure in January, both for our "goals against" figure and for the messages it will send out to us fans ["The exodus begins here"] and to the rest of the Premier League ["Fill yer boots"].

Lots of rumours about what is going on with Robbo.

Injured or fallout with Kean ? Who knows, but have seem more speculation about the latter than the former and notably, Nicko, who has been sympathatic to both Venky's & Kean, soon had a 'six week exclusive' on Twitter about Robbo's calf !

Strikes me that we need more of the likes of Robbo in the fight ahead against relegation and he certainly seems one of the stronger characters amongst the players evidenced by the fact that he is one of very, very few players who have retained a relationship with the support in these difficult times.

Injured or otherwise, we need Robbo back ASAP.

Did not really miss Robbo today, he has been one of the weaker players in our team all season. Never have rated him, he was crap at spurs, everywhere he has been he has conceded loads of goals.

Did not really miss Robbo today, he has been one of the weaker players in our team all season. Never have rated him, he was crap at spurs, everywhere he has been he has conceded loads of goals.

Don't be so negative! Bunn did very well today but robbo is an outstanding player and we are very lucky to have him between the sticks!

Do you really believe that? After one freak result and a storming game from the understudy, you've found the route of our problems?

Robbo one of our weakest players? Sheesh.

Yeah he has been one of the weaker players, how many weak goals has he let in this season? he looks overweight. Like for example the wigan game where he was made to be the hero for getting a pen in the last min, what about the 2 lame goals he let in before that, or the sunderland game where he had nobody on the posts in the last minute when we lost again. He is no good at long shots as they always seem to just fly past him. I think Robbo himself need a fresh start somewhere else as he has gone stale here.

Robbo's very much a confidence player. He has his weaknesses, but he usually makes up for them if you get him on song. It reminds me of when he first came here. He was letting in so many soft goals. Bunn has a real chance to stake a claim now.

Archived