BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Robinson

Neal

No, quite the opposite. I was just talking about Rovers.

But fine, sell him in January, he'll want to leave anyway so he won't kick up a fuss, most of the cash will go to the bank and we'll end up with the next Peter Shilton from Hereford's reserves as Bunn's number 2.

Then in March we'll be watching him having stormer after stormer at Newcastle or Villa. Capello will be gone and he'll walk back into the England set-up.

We're Rovers fans, it's what we do. Look how much better Andrews is now, as far as some are concerned.

Piece by piece the squad is being dismantled and downgraded. We've already got a League One manager (I exaggerate his abilities for dramatic effect - I mean no disrespect to proper League One managers), soon we'll have the players and the crowds.

I've gone on (again) so just to sum up...

I think Robbo is a better keeper than Mark Bunn.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

World Class save today from Robbo.

Also very dismissive of Samba's absence on SSN - commentator "You didnt really miss Chris Samba today did you", Robbo "No we didnt".

Loves it here you can tell

Completely agree.

I like that we have a competent understudy in Bunn, but Robbo is a fantastic GK and we're lucky to have him.

Did nobody notice the nice touch after the match when he was about to throw his glowes up in Blackburn End? Made me chuckle and it havent been alot of that this season.

I was a bit worried when I saw him do that - he doesn't usually throw his gloves into the crowd after a game, does he?

I saw him throw his gloves to the Spurs fans after a game @ White Hart Lane two or three seasons ago; his first game back there after we'd signed him. When I saw him do that yesterday, I wondered if it was his way of saying goodbye to the BBE, as our next home match will be after the transfer window will have closed. I hope I'm wrong, though.

I was a bit worried when I saw him do that - he doesn't usually throw his gloves into the crowd after a game, does he?

I saw him throw his gloves to the Spurs fans after a game @ White Hart Lane two or three seasons ago; his first game back there after we'd signed him. When I saw him do that yesterday, I wondered if it was his way of saying goodbye to the BBE, as our next home match will be after the transfer window will have closed. I hope I'm wrong, though.

He does it often and always has.

• Backroom

No way. That was all on Olsson. Robbo has to cover the near post and make Olsson cover the inside in that situation.

Agreed, Olsson should never have let the shot slip through in the first place. We need a proper left back so we can push Olsson up the pitch.

To be fair, that's the first dodgy moment Olsson has had in a long time. He has a good understanding with Hoilett on that left wing - Hoilett knows that he can drift inside onto his right foot when Olsson overlaps, which pulls opposition defenders about and creates space for them both. Unless we find money from somewhere, it's better than anything we can afford at the moment.

Back to Robbo...that save really was the key part of the match for me. If that goes in (and it really should have done, he had no right to save that), then we definitely lose that game. In the context of what it did to that game and what that game could do to our season, it has the potential to be one of the most important saves of his career.

Guest Rovers4Good

Call me Mr Picky but he waved another soft shot in for Duffs goal.

Ha ha shows how far we've come if we are talking about the goal we conceded rather than the 3 we scored. :)

Archived