BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 400 junior teams set to wear Rover's colours.

den

LT

Rovers’ Indian owners Venky’s are determined to help develop football in their country and have started to introduce a Blackburn Rovers Football Club league across the nation.

The club’s academy manager Phil Cannon has just returned from Venky’s home city of Pune to help launch the setting up of the first league.

The Pune league will have 20 teams in it, with 19 other leagues ready to be implemented across India, with the next expected to be created in Delhi.

Every single team in each of the under 12 leagues will play in Blackburn Rovers’ kit, with the home teams in blue and white and the away teams wearing Rovers’ yellow kit.

This is actually a good initiative - just a shame they can't sort out the actual club they are trying to sell in India. Do they really think we will continue to get as much coverage when in the Championship ?

Agree. Just feel they have no real understanding that we are in real danger of being in the championship next year. I fear that they believe Steve Kean's comments that there is 'no chance' of us getting relegated.

Liquidation and the bank seizing the club's assets is the only way.

to be honest, I think that's the way they're taking us anyway, so check back in 12-18 months.

That long, eh?

Well that's a bonus - a season longer than I was expecting!

how many players does the average team have? times that by 400 then by however much each kit costs........im off in a min otherwise I would

It's alright - each child has to make his own kit in a sweatshop before playing in it. Win win situation.

And this is why they bought the club, a plethora of PR ops whenever they feel like it.

Hard cash from the 'family fortune' to build a decent football team? Not a chance.

Come on - its better than them doing nothing. It suggests they are investing in the 'brand' anyway and therefore, logically, it show that they need the team to succeed in the UK.

I'd be more worried if they were doing nothing in India.

Come on - its better than them doing nothing. It suggests they are investing in the 'brand' anyway and therefore, logically, it show that they need the team to succeed in the UK.

I'd be more worried if they were doing nothing in India.

Couldn't give a sugar-coated f**** what they do in India, to be honest with ya. They should sort out the unholy mess they've created here before anything else. There won't BE a brand for them when the club winds up in The Championship and beyond.

This is a good step toward making the Rovers "India's Team". I think Venkys have made a good move here and give them all credit. :tu:

I also think that some of the criticism set out above it spot on. Venkys need to realize we are firm favorites for relegation under current management. Yes, they can and should bring in a right back and a defensive midfielder to improve the team. But the team's biggest weakness is not the players but the manager.

In my opinion, and in order of priority, for Rovers to remain an PL team, Venkys needs three new bodies: manager; defensive midfielder; and, right back.

In my opinion, and in order of priority, for Rovers to remain an PL team, Venkys needs three new bodies: manager; defensive midfielder; and, right back.

I'll take your manager, def midfielder, and right back and raise you a chief executive (one who isn't a yes-man).

The worrying aspect for me is Venkys are obviously desperate for an Indian player to help promote their brand, so will push any old ###### into the side, irrelevant of ability. I predict within 3 years we will be booing an Indian player who is blatantly not good enough. Kean will also say we have signed the next Tendulkar.

Archived