BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Friday Protest

mark1875

Big thankyou to those who braved the adverse weather which even included hail stone, I have just got home... Big media coverage and some great interviews done by a number of supporters. Big thank you to those who supported us too, who due to work could not be there.

This protest in particular had good impact

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big thankyou to those who braved the adverse weather which even included hail stone, I have just got home... Big media coverage and some great interviews done by a number of supporters. Big thank you to those who supported us too, who due to work could not be there.

Well done to all. Good effort. Pity more could not have been there.

Just as an aside Glenn, no criticism here just a suggestion... to really hit home with the public through the media when given chance you really need to appoint someone with some experience and gravity to speak to the media in targetted response rather than employing a scattergun approach.

Well done Glen.

• Backroom

Tan faded has it Tom? :P

Pity you didn't see the new owners for what they are much sooner. A number on here who spoke out early on and got criticised for it are owed huge apologies I'd suggest.

I gave you your due in the Allardyce thread I ain't blowing your trumpet in here, you're good enough at that yourself :P

You absolutely have a point though, maybe I wasn't quick enough to judge, I felt I was doing the right thing by trying so I don't regret that but it has unfolded quite the opposite of how we hoped I haven't pretended otherwise .

As for a tan, chance would have been a fine bloody thing

Well done to all. Good effort. Pity more could not have been there.

Just as an aside Glenn, no criticism here just a suggestion... to really hit home with the public through the media when given chance you really need to appoint someone with some experience and gravity to speak to the media in targetted response rather than employing a scattergun approach.

I do not agree, we are football supporters and should always remain so, its passion and love for our club that has taken us down this path , and all comments whoever makes them should not be staged and should always come from the heart and with the emotion which is true.

None of us had done this sort of thing before and have had to learn along the way, however the experience we have gained has helped us to be better organised.

To get so many media outlets on board in last than 24 hours and get a good number of people upto brock hall in appauling weather speaks volume to how we approach things regarding the media. We have made many friends in the media and the honestly of a football supporter should always remain.

thought the turn out at such short notice and considering the weather conditions was excellent tbh.

i arrived to a crowd of 100ish just before 9am, it dwindled throughout the day and i left at the end with Glen and 5 more shortly after 5pm. An hour before, The players liason officer and Mr Kean's bodyguard had explained Steve Kean was not leaving until we had gone and we had in return, made it clear we were not going home until steve kean had left the building. Sky sports reporters had told us they had been told to stay until the stand off had reached its conclusion and Kean had left.

Shortly after 5pm when almost everyone had left the building except kean, we retired to the brew shop to get a hot drink and chat about our next options, we decided as a group of 7 that since sky were giving up now and most people had left and we couldn't muster up anymore to come down it was decided maybe this long day should come to an end in the knowledge we had made our point and got some great coverage.

As we left the brew shop we noticed activity on the car park so we proceeded back to the main entrance, where Mr Kean's bodyguard exited the premises in his bentley followed by Steve Kean in a blacked out chauffer driven car. Once out the bodyguard pull aside allowing Kean's driver to speed past him and away quickly with the bodyguard following behind.

Steve is now clearly a worried man, in his interview today he kept making reference to the board being better qualified to answer the questions regarding the owners! however since the board have less dialogue with the owners than kean does i would not be so sure. The owners are clearly staying silent and leaving Steve Kean to deal with this and quite frankly it is taking it's toll. He gave health and safety issues, together with concerns over his own personal safety as the reasons he did not come to meet the fan's, he also stated he has met fan's in his office already aswell as doing the the podcast with Kamy.

More rubbish coming from his mouth along with clear indications this is getting to him! Do i want him to be scared? do i want him to feel like he is the most hated man around? no i do not, however i want him out of this club as soon as possible, at any price.

Fantastic show by all, it got the press back with us and painted us in a good manner following the criticism from this week.

Proud of our fan's in a massive way tonight.

Up the Rovers

Kean Out

Venkys out

i arrived to a crowd of 100ish just before 9am, it dwindled throughout the day and i left at the end with Glen and 5 more shortly after 5pm. An hour before, The players liason officer and Mr Kean's bodyguard had explained Steve Kean was not leaving until we had gone and we had in return, made it clear we were not going home until steve kean had left the building. Sky sports reporters had told us they had been told to stay until the stand off had reached its conclusion and Kean had left.

:lol: Not so smug now, are you, Kean?

Well done, guys! In my opinion, it is highly impressive that over 100 fans took part, what with the protest being so close to Christmas and in horrible weather conditions to boot.

Big thumbs up to the organizers and to all the fans who went.

Well done Glen

The thing that gives me hope was the guy in the white van who was going into the ground around ten this morning. He stopped, wound down his window and said how he didn't follow football but he knew exactly what was happening to our club and wished us good luck.

If people outside of football circles get it, the idiots inside it will soon realise...

Superb effort by all involved today. Was working but would otherwise have come along and shown support. Hats off to all those who spoke to the media, you all came across superbly and dignified. Hopefully anyone seeing the interviews will see we are just down to earth supporters who have the clubs best interests at heart and not a pack of wild savages as some "out of touch with the real world" managers would have the media believe. Well done all :tu:

Just watched Granads Reports, EwoodDawn, was that you with your lad?

and the bloke with the glasses, also very eloquent, are you a poster on here?

I'm 'the bloke with the glasses'. Just to echo that I thought everyone who spoke came across very well - particularly as they did not appear to be the defunct members of society that Fergie claimed they were.

Thanks to Glen for organising the protest and getting the media involved - we needed our voices to be heard alongside the ill-informed nonsense spouted by Moyes, Fergie, Lennon, Redknapp etc. It's not often fans get to speak on such a platform but it's essential if we are to make it clear that this isn't just fans of a poor team moaning about relegation.

I'm 'the bloke with the glasses'. Just to echo that I thought everyone who spoke came across very well - particularly as they did not appear to be the defunct members of society that Fergie claimed they were.

Thanks to Glen for organising the protest and getting the media involved - we needed our voices to be heard alongside the ill-informed nonsense spouted by Moyes, Fergie, Lennon, Redknapp etc. It's not often fans get to speak on such a platform but it's essential if we are to make it clear that this isn't just fans of a poor team moaning about relegation.

Well done mate, just watched the Granada Reports and you came across incredibly well. EwoodDawn was an absolute star too, as were the others who I don't know the names of, but am grateful to.

Glad to have been part of today, wish I'd been able to stay for the whole day but unfortunately prior commitments prised me away after an hour and a half. I felt better having gone, and seeing other people trying to do something for the club was a little spark of light in pretty dark times.

The people there were representative of our support IMHO, not degenerates who are 'an indictment of society,' as Fergie suggested. He seems to forget that he slammed Jerome Anderson and said he couldn't pick his own nose, but he can seemingly pick Rovers' manager despite the worst premier league record ever.

There is dignity in our protests, and whether the other managers, wider football world and biased media choose to ignore that then that's their loss*. Keep at it guys, this is OUR ROVERS.

*Apart from the awesome Andy Cryer & Henry Winter, my journalistic heroes.

Rumour has it Robbo gave the protest this morning a thumbs up, can anyone confirm this?

there where strong reports on tuesday(supposedly started bt kevin hunt!), that robbo had a falling out with kean before the bolton game and said he doesnt want to play for kean again.

Well we can hazard a guess as to why Robbo won't play this Boxing Day, if he doesn't. Kean will use that for more excuses. Will this prick actually start manipulating the team to gain sympathy.

Bloody Hell I've had enough of this

I was another who could not make it but a big thank you to those that did, especially Glen for the organisation. EwoodDawn was absolutely brilliant along with Dinglebasher - calm, measured getting the message across - just what was needed. Personally, I think we should now switch the emphasis consistently on to Venkys going forward (as opposed to Kean)- they will not get ill- informed support from the Premiership managers mafia. Focus on broken promises and forcing them to respond with their intentions for the club and not nebulous promises that are broken as soon as they are uttered. Consistently bad media for Venkys will ultimately elicit some kind of response and Kean will only fall when they do. The good relations with the media (both TV and press) that have been alluded to will be key in the public perception game and, like it or not, that is what we must win. Get people like Robbie Savage, Alan Green, David Pleat, Graham Taylor, even Shearer on side - I'm sure they are clued up with what is happening. Reasonable supporters fighting for our club's future and existence must be the perception to succeed, not as the rabble the likes of Moyes, SAF, Coyle, etc. would portray us - they are obviously working to a co-ordinated agenda (in cahouts with Kean in all probability). Thanks again to all.

Archived