BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Hoilett

Mercer

Nail on ruddy head, the lad has regressed since Kean came along. tactics, training everything has declined since Kean came along, Juniors advisors are right to push him out the door as much as it pains me to say it. Hoillet obviously sees his future away from here and I'll hazard a guess he knows he needs better around him all over to fufill his potential.

Strangely enough, Rochina has also regressed under Kean, has bags of talent but he needs proper coaching and advice, when to release the ball, varying his game etc, sound familiar?

So something is very wrong at our club and we have no real experienced players to help the youngsters through!!

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoilett made the difference in the QPR game. 3-0 up with him on the field, once he came off we had no one to skillfuly bring the ball from our half to their's. Having to resort to long balls that kept coming back at us. Lets hope a miracle happens and he signs, or we get a good ammount of compensation.

Strangely enough, Rochina has also regressed under Kean, has bags of talent but he needs proper coaching and advice, when to release the ball, varying his game etc, sound familiar?

So something is very wrong at our club and we have no real experienced players to help the youngsters through!!

Just look at who's coaching our players and what they have achieved elsewhere? Most of them where youth coaches, unspectacular ones at that and now they are the main men. I reckon in all honesty me and some mates could do a better job.

It's all well and good bringing kids through but when the only experience they have guidingg them are Kean et al then, well best of luck kids.

Maj, no offence but it's a bit stretched to say you and a few mates could do a better job. I know you have qualifications, but unless your mates have more outstanding cvs, I think I'm correct in saying Kean and co's qualifications, however limited, still outstrip yours by some way? Unless you are attending brockhall regularly you don't know for sure what the players are being told, either.

Maj, no offence but it's a bit stretched to say you and a few mates could do a better job. I know you have qualifications, but unless your mates have more outstanding cvs, I think I'm correct in saying Kean and co's qualifications, however limited, still outstrip yours by some way? Unless you are attending brockhall regularly you don't know for sure what the players are being told, either.

Are you on crack? Majiball was clearly being facetious, however with the dregs that are served up weekly by the deluded clown perhaps Maji was not far off the mark.

No, I'm not on crack, and am thoroughly glad that you're not in charge of any kind of drugs inspections, as you apparently see crackheads at the drop of a hat ;-) Fair enough Maj, though facetiousness doesn't tend to be preceded by 'in all honesty'. And you seem to be saying it again. I was aware that you know fully trained coaches, and assumed you meant them, but in all honesty do any of them have better cv's than Kean before he got this job? Not to be disrespectful, just curious. Also, it was said that Kean had a good rep in the game as a coach previously, do you know if this is true?

No, I'm not on crack, and am thoroughly glad that you're not in charge of any kind of drugs inspections, as you apparently see crackheads at the drop of a hat ;-) Fair enough Maj, though facetiousness doesn't tend to be preceded by 'in all honesty'. And you seem to be saying it again. I was aware that you know fully trained coaches, and assumed you meant them, but in all honesty do any of them have better cv's than Kean before he got this job? Not to be disrespectful, just curious. Also, it was said that Kean had a good rep in the game as a coach previously, do you know if this is true?

No expert opinion but I'm sceptical about that, he seems to live off the reputation of being offered a job at Chelsea for Scolari IMO.

I have a honours degree in Business Management. Alan Sugar left school at 15 with no qualifications.

Guess which one of us is the multi-millionaire businessman?

Qualifications are over-rated.

He is overvalued by our supporters, by our club and, most importantly, by himself, but I hope that for his sake he doesn't end up being the forgotten man at some bigger club. He has talent and if he develops he could turn into a very good player, but he won't do that sitting on the bench somewhere. There is a very long list of players who looked good in their early twenties, got their 'dream' move and then found themselves totally out of the picture a few years later. If I had to bet on what path his career will follow I would probably choose that storyline at this point.

Why are the words "David" & "Bentley" going through my mind? From an England international to being loaned out to a Championship side [before injury ended that little arrangement].

Be careful what you wish for, Junior.

Btw; in saying the above, I'm not forgetting, as a fan with no connection to the club's inner workings, I don't know whether Bentley was er, "encouraged" to go to Spurs so that the fee we got for him could help JW and the Board which used to run this club properly to balance the books for that season.

Blackburn Rovers plan improved Junior Hoilett deal

Blackburn Rovers are reportedly planning to offer Junior Hoilett £2m per year in an effort to keep the winger at the club.

The 21-year-old's current contract at Ewood Park expires at the end of the season.

Rovers will also offer the Canadian a percentage of any sell-on fee that they may receive for him in the future, according to The Mirror.

Arsenal and Bayern Munich are just two of the clubs that have been linked with Hoilett this season

Interesting..... 2 million per year? That's 40k a week right? That is probably slightly more than we have offered before, and I doubt anyone else will quite offer that much for him.

Still can't see him staying. More likely will take 30k at Spurs/Arsenal/Liverpool/Muinich over 40k with us.

• 5 weeks later...

I thought all footballers cared about was money, if so then under the above circumstances he should stay else he'd be losing over a half a million quid a year.

I think this is a fallacy really. Footballers like everyone have a mixture of drivers - money, career objectives, family reasons. Just off the top of my head both Arteta and Bentley moved to London for smaller wages so that they could test themselves at what they percieve to be a higher level.

To be honest what hurts modern competitiveness is the career tier introduced by the CL. Quite understandably everyone wants to play in the CL. Only four teams can do that in England, plus maybe two or three clubs who can realistically offer the opportunity to get there in two or three seasons time. It's created enormous draw where top players would rather sit on the bench for a CL challenging club than play regularly for a decent premier league side. And of course the huge revenue of the CL means they can pay larger wages also.

Just looking at how few minutes Jermaine Defoe, Berbatov, Dzecko or Lukuku have been on the pitch makes me want to weep. The public are being deprived of seeing competitive football with the best players available.

My personal prediction is Hoilett will go to a top club and see his his amount of football minutes halved or even a third of this season. Then it will be a real gamble to see if he can adjust and seize his chance or be marginalised and take the long well tested route of sliding into mediocrity a la Bentley, Kranjar etc etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Sunday express go further in saying that Hoilett has agreed to join Marseille in the summer.

That'll be the same marseille that are not far above the relegation zone in France this season? Must like fighting at the bottom of the table must Junior

Archived