BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Hoilett

Mercer

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Junior's not good enough for any of the teams he's been linked with apart from Stoke and Bolton. I don't believe that any of the top 6 teams are interested, it's probably just an attempt to hype him up. He struggles to influence too many games.

Junior's not good enough for any of the teams he's been linked with apart from Stoke and Bolton. I don't believe that any of the top 6 teams are interested, it's probably just an attempt to hype him up. He struggles to influence too many games.

That's true, at least for his current ability.

I don't even remember the last time that he got man of the match, or was even in the running for it.

I would also love to point the finger at Junior and say there's no loyalty left in football but sadly I'd find it hard to stay at Blackburn Rovers myself. Regardless I get the impression he's never been too passionate about the club and most likely planned to hold out under Allardyce too. In all fairness Kean has shown a lot of faith in Junior, it's just a shame we are owned by Venky's so are doomed in keeping hold of anyone half decent, willingly.

He will sign for bayern munich in the summer....I know someone close. Better than stoke and notlob? Hmmmm....Bayern rate him but you don't.....

Totally don't agree. While he has some issues he will have a career as good as, perhaps even surpass, Duff's.

Lightening quick, incredible turning and ball control, decent shooting. If he sorts out his decision making then he can play for the best.

He's certainly not as good as some on here seem to think. He's got some talent and his pace and direct play is a welcome addition to our side, but he is hardly one of the top talents in the league and the lack of serious interest from other clubs reflects that. He will probably get a decent move somewhere because someone will be willing to gamble on a young player on the cheap, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility of him resigning. IF we stay up, which is a rather big if, then we will be one of the most attractive propositions offering him a deal this summer, that I don't doubt. Unlikely that he will stay as it seems that he is pretty intent on moving, but it's not as if he has had big four sides knocking down our door and in ten years time I don't think we'll be sitting here wondering what life might have been like had Hoilett stayed.

Agree fans, particularly on here, IMO tend to overate our young prospects. Junior has shown glimpses of talent but little consistency so far.

Think other clubs backed up that view as there was little interest in him during the last transfer window.

He's certainly not as good as some on here seem to think. He's got some talent and his pace and direct play is a welcome addition to our side, but he is hardly one of the top talents in the league and the lack of serious interest from other clubs reflects that. He will probably get a decent move somewhere because someone will be willing to gamble on a young player on the cheap, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility of him resigning. IF we stay up, which is a rather big if, then we will be one of the most attractive propositions offering him a deal this summer, that I don't doubt. Unlikely that he will stay as it seems that he is pretty intent on moving, but it's not as if he has had big four sides knocking down our door and in ten years time I don't think we'll be sitting here wondering what life might have been like had Hoilett stayed.

I bet you a twenty quid he will get a move to a club playing in a European competition.

This Bayern rumour is ridiculous, I'll believe it when I see it and even then it will only be because he is a freebie, no way would Bayern pay for a player of Junior's ability. What about his complete inability to defend, Bayern would never settle for a player like that unless he was world class and Junior isn't. He can't tackle, he can't head, he is weak, lazy, positioning isn't great, provides no cover for his full back sure he is quick can shoot and has exceptional close control but I've seen that before. Tell me what is his position? Where would he play for this top club? As a winger? A winger who can't cross a ball? Or as a striker? With no physical presence? Perhaps they will play him as a luxury midfielder - free role? Those players have to be world class. He'll be very lucky to get a move to any top European club.

I bet you a twenty quid he will get a move to a club playing in a European competition.

You clearly haven't really read what my post. I admitted the fact that he will probably get a move because someone will be willing to roll the dice on a player for a fairly small compensation fee, but it is obvious at this point that there are no clubs knocking down his door and that the only reason he will get a move is because his contract is going to expire.

He is overvalued by our supporters, by our club and, most importantly, by himself, but I hope that for his sake he doesn't end up being the forgotten man at some bigger club. He has talent and if he develops he could turn into a very good player, but he won't do that sitting on the bench somewhere. There is a very long list of players who looked good in their early twenties, got their 'dream' move and then found themselves totally out of the picture a few years later. If I had to bet on what path his career will follow I would probably choose that storyline at this point.

It's easy to forget that he really doesn't have that much experience in top flight football and he simply needs more time to figure out how to use his considerable nature ability.

You clearly haven't really read what my post. I admitted the fact that he will probably get a move because someone will be willing to roll the dice on a player for a fairly small compensation fee, but it is obvious at this point that there are no clubs knocking down his door and that the only reason he will get a move is because his contract is going to expire.

He is overvalued by our supporters, by our club and, most importantly, by himself, but I hope that for his sake he doesn't end up being the forgotten man at some bigger club. He has talent and if he develops he could turn into a very good player, but he won't do that sitting on the bench somewhere. There is a very long list of players who looked good in their early twenties, got their 'dream' move and then found themselves totally out of the picture a few years later. If I had to bet on what path his career will follow I would probably choose that storyline at this point.

It's easy to forget that he really doesn't have that much experience in top flight football and he simply needs more time to figure out how to use his considerable nature ability.

Hoilett is a victim of Kean, to progress, a player needs some experience around him and there is not enough, he kicked on last year because he played with more seasoned and experienced proffessionals, most young players playing together simply 'play' they have no one around them to shout the instructions, Jones was a one off, he would talk throughout the game, yet he was working with Givet, Samba, Salgado, Nelsen etc. We are blooding too many youngsters at the same time and we havent got anyone in their with a presence or voice to help the lads through. Good coaching would also help with his decision making and to varying his game a little, when I see him on the left, he wants to cut inside and get the ball on his right foot, good players will stop him from doing that, he has the ability, so I would be telling him to vary by giving the early ball into the box, then to the byline and cross from there and then cut inside, with three options his marker will be unsure as to which one he will choose, you cant plan for that, you can plan for the expected, good coaching would really help the lad here, Maji is very strong on one trick ponies, to be a good player, you need more than one option!!

Hoilett is a victim of Kean, to progress, a player needs some experience around him and there is not enough, he kicked on last year because he played with more seasoned and experienced proffessionals, most young players playing together simply 'play' they have no one around them to shout the instructions, Jones was a one off, he would talk throughout the game, yet he was working with Givet, Samba, Salgado, Nelsen etc. We are blooding too many youngsters at the same time and we havent got anyone in their with a presence or voice to help the lads through. Good coaching would also help with his decision making and to varying his game a little, when I see him on the left, he wants to cut inside and get the ball on his right foot, good players will stop him from doing that, he has the ability, so I would be telling him to vary by giving the early ball into the box, then to the byline and cross from there and then cut inside, with three options his marker will be unsure as to which one he will choose, you cant plan for that, you can plan for the expected, good coaching would really help the lad here, Maji is very strong on one trick ponies, to be a good player, you need more than one option!!

Nail on ruddy head, the lad has regressed since Kean came along. tactics, training everything has declined since Kean came along, Juniors advisors are right to push him out the door as much as it pains me to say it. Hoillet obviously sees his future away from here and I'll hazard a guess he knows he needs better around him all over to fufill his potential.

I think you've got the wrong end of the stick here. The reason he hasn't already left is because he knows he will be paid more if he goes on a free not because no one wants to sign him. There will be absolutely no shortage of takers. He is one of the very fastest in the league, combined with outstanding ball control, has started scoring and setting up goals reasonably regularly. He can take on three players at once and beat them. Sure his defending is a bit weak, his attitude is up and down and his decision making are poor but he's alread clearly an excellent player and still very young.

You're deluding yourself if you think "he's not that good". I remember you saying just precisely the same things about Jones this time last year....

Incidentally saw this:-

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Arsenal-transfer-gossip-Junior-Hoilett-Blackburn-winger-being-eyed-as-summer-target-article866749.html

He would fit in at Arsenal. Also it means we might make a few million compensation.

There's no doubting Hoilett's potential, but I think he's becoming a MOTD player. People catch a jinking run or two on the highlights and suddenly believe he's the finished article, when his overall game still needs improving. Pedersen made a career out of it.

Archived