SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Hoilett

Mercer

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Think it might be a smart move for Junior in the long run - go to a decent if not amazing club where he'll almost certainly get into the first team, then when he establishes himself as a top class player move to a big club.

Don't care about Venky's losing out on the money for Hoilett, not like the money was going to go back into the club anyway.

I think it could be a clever move for him (even though he might still sign for us within 24 hrs, honest steve told us so). A couple of good seasons at Mönchegladbach and he's off to a bigger club. Maybe as a potential replacement for Götze the day he leaves Dortmund (If he really fulfills his potential). Who knows. Anyway, good luck Junior, I envy you who gets away from kean

Speaking to a proper itk'er yesterday ;) and he confirmed Rovers will receive 500k for Hoilett if he goes to Europe whilst it'll be 4.5 m if he moves within this country. Said itk'r suggested that Hoilett's dad/agent will be in line for a 'cut' on the difference and that is why his Dad Hoilett is so keen on young Jun going abroad.

Seemed quite suprised when I said that I'd no problems with that as this has been on the cards for two years and that Hoiletts Dad can hardly be blamed cos he didn't make the rules did he? He's simply working to them.

Drog, those figures are the ones that have been stated all along. We just get a 500k development fee if he goes abroad but more if he stays here. The figures rumoured have been around the 4.5m mark although I'm not sure how your ITKer has managed to pre empt the ruling of a tribunal that hasn't even sat yet.

Drog, those figures are the ones that have been stated all along. We just get a 500k development fee if he goes abroad but more if he stays here. The figures rumoured have been around the 4.5m mark although I'm not sure how your ITKer has managed to pre empt the ruling of a tribunal that hasn't even sat yet.

I understand all that Ricky. What I don't understand (and I may of course have been mistaken) is that said itk'r seemed to have only recently realised the situation. We've been discussing this and the probable prospect of losing a major talent for nothing since Hoilett would only sign a 2 year contract under Sam.

Last season he stated that he wanted to delay contract talks until the summer as he didn't want them to become a distraction. This was a fatal mistake. The goal at that point should have been to extend Hoilett's contract at virtually any cost. It was over the minute that we didn't get him signed by the beginning of this season, at that point it would have been an idiot not to consider testing his value on the open market, even if he thought that he might eventually resign.

I don't know how good Hoilett will become, I have certain doubts about his work ethic and the fact that he lacks a true position which often hurts talented attacking players, but I do know that he is one of our best players, that he would have commanded a decent fee had his contract not been running out and that if by some miracle we could have convinced him to play on next year, that he would have been one of the best players in the championship and would have single-handedly won us 3-5 matches. As it stands he will be difficult to replace, but he is not irreplaceable. The big problem is that his departure will not bring in any funds.

Last season he stated that he wanted to delay contract talks until the summer as he didn't want them to become a distraction. This was a fatal mistake. The goal at that point should have been to extend Hoilett's contract at virtually any cost. It was over the minute that we didn't get him signed by the beginning of this season, at that point it would have been an idiot not to consider testing his value on the open market, even if he thought that he might eventually resign.

The mistake is believing anything that Kean says Eddie. IMO, that was just another lie. An understandable lie for once, but a lie nevertheless.

I believe he did not want to disrupt his good form by getting involved in talks. Good work Steve.

Pretty standard stuff. Look at RvP and Arsenal now, wants to wait until things settle down and he can consider his options.

The mistake is believing anything that Kean says Eddie. IMO, that was just another lie. An understandable lie for once, but a lie nevertheless.

I actually think this was the truth, but still a reflection on how incompetent Kean is. There were several reports coming from Hoilett's camp and from Hoilett himself stating that he was interested in signing a new deal.

Pretty standard stuff. Look at RvP and Arsenal now, wants to wait until things settle down and he can consider his options.

He'll be off unless Arsenal match the signing on fee some other club will be offering to him.

I've gotta feeling that he will eventually end up signing for a Premier League club. He's father is very protective of his career and not the type to let him go to Turkey.

Newcastle or QPR would be my guess.

He's going nowhere. Kean said that if he stays, Junior will stay.

We all know Kean doesn't lie. Fully expecting to see Junior line up in the championship next season.

Archived