BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Hoilett

Mercer

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He'll get first team football to be fair......he's probably wary of what happened to Bentley.

Not much ambition perhaps but he's still really young and it's no fun just sitting on the bench.

I look forward to watching him under Hughes.......him, Hughes, Nelsen, maybe Santa Cruz and Bentley, blue and white kit.....will be like we were never relegated after all.

I really do think this young lad has gotten above himself and that he really isnt as good as he think he is or made out to be. A young lad who has a lot to learn about the value of loyalty and that money doesnt always guarantee you successes on the field.

I think he would have done much better if he had another season or 2 with us before making the grade with a top team. I dont think he is the player to send Borussia sailing through the Champions League and onto greatness, he really isnt that good a player.

See ya Junior, you have been badky advised and if not you have shown yourself to be a greedy soab.

I really do think this young lad has gotten above himself and that he really isnt as good as he think he is or made out to be. A young lad who has a lot to learn about the value of loyalty and that money doesnt always guarantee you successes on the field.

I think he would have done much better if he had another season or 2 with us before making the grade with a top team. I dont think he is the player to send Borussia sailing through the Champions League and onto greatness, he really isnt that good a player.

See ya Junior, you have been badky advised and if not you have shown yourself to be a greedy soab.

Surprised at you 1864 after all your posts criticising Kean and Venkys ( I agree with you 100% on that ) Why shouldn't any player worth his salt want to leave ? Would you be loyal to this shower?

No chance is Wright-Phillips better than Hoilett........personally I don't think QPR will be in a relegation battle next season.....they have a great manager who has been making really good signings since last January and Taarabt will play a bigger role next season.

And I don't see how staying at us for the foreseeable future and working under Kean will improve him as a player.

Good signing for QPR and good for us as it means Mackie will now probably join.

The lack of interest in Hoilett from top clubs just goes to show he is not as good as he thinks.

I still think Hoilett could be a top player - you are right he isn't there yet - but he easily has the potential to be a star for England (if he so chooses).

• Backroom

I expected Hoilett to go to a bigger club, but if he joined QPR there clearly weren't any bigger clubs seriously interested. I think a lot of his poor performances did not go unnoticed last season - he turned games on their head a few times with some great strikes, but all too often he disappeared and appeared disinterested. Can't totally blame him considering the manager and players surrounding him, but nonetheless that lack of self-motivation probably cost him a move to a big club for now.

I've always said it. No questioning he has amazing feet and is very talented. But he is a long way off a top club. Him moving to QPR shows that if we had been bought by more competent owners or had a better manager last year. We probably could have seen a lot more of him for Rovers.

PL quality player opts to stay in PL for more money and away from the Ewood circus.

Nowt to see here.

Absolutely. Plus he'll be working with a manager who not only knows what he's doing but will get Hoillett fit. The lad was carrying a bit of timber last year. Exciting times at QPR.

You know, top manager, lined up to punch above their weight a bit. Everything we're not to be honest.

Archived