SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Hoilett

Mercer

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

wouldn't surprise me if he ended up going for big money in a couple of years to one of the big boys then we can all regret rovers' incompetence in tieing down one of our best youth team products for years

Agreed. Exactly what I think will happen.

BLAME KEANSCUM AND HE ALONE !

KEANSCUM,AGNEW and DESAI OUT

I hope the irony in that comment was intended.

Actually, no I don't. It's funnier if it wasn't.

Anyway, Hoilett was always going to leave. Rain or shine. Concentrate on players who want to play for us.

Anyway, Hoilett was always going to leave. Rain or shine. Concentrate on players who want to play for us.

Mm, that should be easy enough.

• 2 weeks later...

I`m I being unreasonable for saying Hoillet is an ungrateful little fecker ,fair enough his contract was up and he wanted a move but he didn`t even have the decency to thank the club and say a farewell to the fans for giving him the break and sticking by him when he had immigration problems and wanted to break into the big time.

Footballers today, ha remember when we used to call them sportsman.

I`m I being unreasonable for saying Hoillet is an ungrateful little fecker ,fair enough his contract was up and he wanted a move but he didn`t even have the decency to thank the club and say a farewell to the fans for giving him the break and sticking by him when he had immigration problems and wanted to break into the big time.

Footballers today, ha remember when we used to call them sportsman

You dragged this topic up to say that? I don't remember the fans ever being particularly great with Hoilett, it's not like he had his own chants or anything.

Allardyce and Williams did the leg work to keep him here. No-one at the club worth thanking to be honest. And I include the fans in that, he was never one of the favourites really. We appreciated his skill but there was never a real connection there.

That is clear when you look at his contract negotiations with us, his attitude during much of last season and the fact that it took him so long to sign a deal with a new club. Most in-demand free agents sign contracts in late May or early June, he didn't until well into July.

Don't you understand business Eddie?

"Listen Mr Hoilett be daft to look a gift horse in the mouth so now we've agreed terms etc with you and your lad you let those clueless Indians pay his wages for as long as possible and we'll just 'top em up' and split the difference. "

A sentiment I rem frequently repeated as our best players queued up to leave following the disaster of relegation in the mid/late 1960's. Over the next full generation those who actually professed to 'want to play' for us turned out to be crap in the main and best suited to the 3rd div.

A sentiment I rem frequently repeated as our best players queued up to leave following the disaster of relegation in the mid/late 1960's. Over the next full generation those who actually professed to 'want to play' for us turned out to be crap in the main and best suited to the 3rd div.

Jesus, are we still talking about this guy?

No in the post immediately before yours I was referring to the crap that we had to endure for 25 years following relegation and the exodus of all our best players back then. Braddock I hope you enjoy watching the 'has beens' and 'never will be's' who cannot trap a wet sandbag that will only be available to us now that your heroes tenure has got us relegated and skint inside 18 months.

You watch your park football if you like cos I won't be around. I'll just have to be content with my irreplaceable memories of the likes of Tugay, Shearer, Jansen et al. I do feel sorry for my kids though. History repeating itself cos BRFc were relegated when I was young. The Slumdog's legacy will be long lasting one way or the other.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope that he is enjoying his opening day spanking. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Really want QPR to go down this year. I would find few things more satisfying (footballing wise) than if we were promoted and QPR went down and Hoilett ended up stuck in the Championship next year.

Most players when they leave a club will at least give the supporters a "farewell nice to have known you" ,Hoillet didn`t even have the decency to do that ,considering we were the club that built his career and gave him the break he needed to get started, I think the lad should be ashamed at his lack of grace.What was also disgraceful was that he signed for QPR and didn`t even have the decency to tell the club he had done so.Pathetic some of these footballers.

Most players when they leave a club will at least give the supporters a "farewell nice to have known you" ,Hoillet didn`t even have the decency to do that ,considering we were the club that built his career and gave him the break he needed to get started, I think the lad should be ashamed at his lack of grace.What was also disgraceful was that he signed for QPR and didn`t even have the decency to tell the club he had done so.Pathetic some of these footballers.

Hoilletts a leach, typifies the modern footballer. Don't give a rats ass about him or what he does from now on.

Reckon this was just a bad day at the office for QPR though, hughes will sort it out before long.

He had a bad start with fulham a year or two back and quickly turned it round.

Archived