BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Hoilett

Mercer

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Suggestions in the mirror that we are looking for £6m for him, which I think is fair after 9 years of development work.

£3m + Mackie is abit ambitious though surely?

Is it just me but I only think Mackie is only worth about 2.5 million tops as he is not really proven, could not get in the QPR team every week last year and has only ever played lower league. Think people are hyping him up cause he scored 2 past rovers and late winner against liverpool. Ask yourself the question is he worth 40k a week? surely there is better players we can give 40k a week to play for us.

It isn't on the low side. Sturridge was transferring from Man City to Chelsea. It was a transfer of FAR bigger stature than from a relegated Rovers to QPR. The level of compensation isn't just decided on by the length of time the player was trained for, that isn't why City got what they got, or all the lower league teams would be raking it in.

We will be very lucky to get £6 million. I expect about 3, maybe 4.

Wrong, when Sturridge joined Chelsea he was a highly rated 19 year old who had made 21 appearances, mainly as sub for city, over a 3 year period, and having been at city for 5 years. Junior is 22 and Has made 80+ appearances for Rovers being a major player for us for past 2 seasons.

In January 2012, Hoilett was named one of the Players to watch in 2012 by FIFA.

I'd see him as having as more ability than Sturridge at the point of transfer, therefore IMO more valuable.

Wrong, when Sturridge joined Chelsea he was a highly rated 19 year old who had made 21 appearances, mainly as sub for city, over a 3 year period, and having been at city for 5 years. Junior is 22 and Has made 80+ appearances for Rovers being a major player for us for past 2 seasons.

In January 2012, Hoilett was named one of the Players to watch in 2012 by FIFA.

I'd see him as having as more ability than Sturridge at the point of transfer, therefore IMO more valuable.

Er, if you look back again, you'll see nothing I said was 'wrong' as you categorically declared it, but thanks anyway. If you'd simply put forward your points as a counter point for why we should get good money for him, that's fine. But don't go declaring something I've said wrong when it isn't. I'd appreciate that. Now, that said, we probably should get something similar IMO (but for the impact he has made argument, not for the amount of years he's been on the books, which would only make a big difference if he moved abroad, under which circumstance all you get is training expenses, which are very low).

However, I still say I will be pleasantly shocked if we can get £6 million, let alone more, as you infer we should. As a Championship club whose player is going to a recently Premiership club, we will get dicked.

city got 3.5 million for sturridge plus another 3million add ons and 15% sell on bonus, Would expect atleast the same for hoilett.

With add ons, I suppose I could see it reaching the 6 million region if we're lucky. Not up front though. And not higher.

Add ons might be better for us, as hopefully Venkys will be gone by the time they are added...

Er, if you look back again, you'll see nothing I said was 'wrong' as you categorically declared it, but thanks anyway. If you'd simply put forward your points as a counter point for why we should get good money for him, that's fine. But don't go declaring something I've said wrong when it isn't. I'd appreciate that. Now, that said, we probably should get something similar IMO (but for the impact he has made argument, not for the amount of years he's been on the books, which would only make a big difference if he moved abroad, under which circumstance all you get is training expenses, which are very low).

However, I still say I will be pleasantly shocked if we can get £6 million, let alone more, as you infer we should. As a Championship club whose player is going to a recently Premiership club, we will get dicked.

With add ons, I suppose I could see it reaching the 6 million region if we're lucky. Not up front though. And not higher.

Add ons might be better for us, as hopefully Venkys will be gone by the time they are added...

It's nothing personal Bluebruce but I beleive you are still wrong.

The transfer of Sturridge from City to Chelsea isn't of far higher stature than the transfer of Hoillett. Thats along the same lines of thought that Phil Jones was a far better player for united, than the one who had left ewood weeks before. The same train of thought that only the big clubs have good players. The training costs for 10 years at Rovers are obviously much higher than 5 at City for Sturridge, and this makes up a fair % of the fee to be decided. At the end of the day Sturridge was an exciting youngster at the time of transfer, whereas Hoillett is proven Prem quality, with a lot of potential.

I know it's not personal, you don't know me, it's just a little rude IMO. But anyway, that train of thought you describe is prevalent. That's why we won't be getting more money than they got for Sturridge. 10 years of training doesn't cost anything close to 6 million, which is why it doesn't really factor in. That's why if he went to the continent, where the rule is basically just training cost compensation, we would get no more than a few hundred thousand for him.

I agree the potential in both players at the time of 'sale' is similar, and that Hoilett has proven more than Sturridge had. In that sense the stature of the deal is similar. But it won't matter, because we are little Blackburn and they're little QPR. Bet you. We can look with rose tinted specs all we want.

I'm also curious about something. I remember reading during last season that Prem clubs had forced the lower leagues into accepting a drastic change to the compensation system that would severely hurt the level of compensation figures lower league teams received. I wonder if it is in effect yet, and if it will affect us in this deal.

I know it's not personal, you don't know me, it's just a little rude IMO. But anyway, that train of thought you describe is prevalent. That's why we won't be getting more money than they got for Sturridge. 10 years of training doesn't cost anything close to 6 million, which is why it doesn't really factor in. That's why if he went to the continent, where the rule is basically just training cost compensation, we would get no more than a few hundred thousand for him.

I agree the potential in both players at the time of 'sale' is similar, and that Hoilett has proven more than Sturridge had. In that sense the stature of the deal is similar. But it won't matter, because we are little Blackburn and they're little QPR. Bet you. We can look with rose tinted specs all we want.

I'm also curious about something. I remember reading during last season that Prem clubs had forced the lower leagues into accepting a drastic change to the compensation system that would severely hurt the level of compensation figures lower league teams received. I wonder if it is in effect yet, and if it will affect us in this deal.

The new academy setup currently being worked by the FA basically means the compo for those in lower levels of academy's will get less than those in a higher rated academy. The idea is to encourage clubs with lesser academy's to improve their status, and also if a player is going to a better academy then we should see better players coming through the better academy's.

Sounds like a way to punish the smaller clubs again to me.

Well if they get the £6mil thats quite a bit more than they have spent on players so far.........oh and the money they got for Yak. So that should be £7.5mil they should be spending. So far £3mil spent on Best leaving £4.5mil. Havent all the other playesr been free?

Well if they get the £6mil thats quite a bit more than they have spent on players so far.........oh and the money they got for Yak. So that should be £7.5mil they should be spending. So far £3mil spent on Best leaving £4.5mil. Havent all the other playesr been free?

We've just been relegated, we will have a far lower budget than last season.

It's completely unreasonable to expect incomings to match outgoings after relegation.

• Moderation Lead

You didn't just apply logic to the actions of Venky's surely? ;)

http://www.qpr.co.uk...2858641,00.html

QPR say its official he has joined.

Very painful - possibly one of the most gifted attackers at Rovers since Duff - lost before he can show his real potential. A bit torn between blaming Kean for getting us relegated and subsequently losing Hoilett - or blaming Hoilett for not showing more loyalty to Rovers (I can't help feel that he would have left whether we were relegated or not).

Very painful - possibly one of the most gifted attackers at Rovers since Duff - lost before he can show his real potential. A bit torn between blaming Kean for getting us relegated and subsequently losing Hoilett - or blaming Hoilett for not showing more loyalty to Rovers (I can't help feel that he would have left whether we were relegated or not).

You can't blame Hoilett for wanting to get away from Kean and our joke of a club under the Raos. Loyalty only goes so far.

He's found his level at QPR. I thought he made one good decision on the ball after Wolves away last year ( the Norwich goal)

Foolish comment. Total class act when motivated and properly fit and in my opinion looked overweught for parts of last season....unfit like most of the team....another fail on knobheads part.

Hughes will get him fit and going.....

Sparky will bench anyone whos not giving their all, and hoiletts ego aint that big yet. He´ll do good. But i think he will remain inconsistent forever. He will be great at times, probably enough to get the big-club move, but dont think he will be a regualr CL starter.

Archived