BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Hoilett

Mercer

I think he's done the right thing to be honest. If he had gone to say Arsenal or Spuds then he would have been exposed as not being THAT good but at QPR he may be their best player if he knuckles down. He's not champions league class yet and I'm not just being bitter saying that.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because mkII is a lot better?

No, if he was a lot better he'd be joining a better club than QPR.

He just looked good in a poor side at Rovers.

Granted he may improve in a better side but at the moment Hoilett has the same faults that prevented SWP from being successful at bigger clubs.

I'm surprised Rovers didn't try and sign his younger brother in hope that it would keep him at the club. Seems to be a classic Rovers trait i.e. Julio Santa Cruz and Marcus Olsson.....

Im sure we had him on the youth books at some point. Janil/Jamil, I think his name was?

Not naturally......decision making not his greatest forte.

At the risk of repeating myself but if he had an end product he'd be joining a better club than QPR

He has an end product, hence his better goal ratio to SWP who cant cross a ball or make a final pass, Hoilet just hasnt consistency, he will get that under Hughes!!

JAL, are you completely bonkers???

There is no way Hoilet has been 'driven out' don't think the club could have done any more to keep him. Don't forget Sam could only get him to sign a short deal. He always had the ££££ in his eyes.

Sad to see him making such a sidewards step. He was never going to stay once we went down, but by signing for QPR he has simply put himself into the same situation that he found himself in 12-24 months ago.

Sad to see him making such a sidewards step. He was never going to stay once we went down, but by signing for QPR he has simply put himself into the same situation that he found himself in 12-24 months ago.

I am not too sure about it being a sideways step. We were on the down ever since Kean was put in charge and ultimately only one thing was ever going to happen, which it did.

QPR are now building. With Fernandes throwing in the cash and Hughes in the managerial hotseat i can only see QPR on the rise.

I think it is highly unlikely they will be in a relegation battle again this season.

Good luck to the lad , as for a sideways step ?

Qpr are a prem club with a proper manager , we are a laughing stock as a club with a manager who in all probability will relegate us again , if he is allowed to stay in the hotseat ..

I am not too sure about it being a sideways step. We were on the down ever since Kean was put in charge and ultimately only one thing was ever going to happen, which it did.

QPR are now building. With Fernandes throwing in the cash and Hughes in the managerial hotseat i can only see QPR on the rise.

I think it is highly unlikely they will be in a relegation battle again this season.

It was a struggle to get Hoilett to sign his last extension and even then he only signed a short-term deal, Rovers at the time were in a better position than QPR are now. I would imagine that he expected bigger and better suitors, but it's a shame to see that he didn't get a big move and yet still had to leave.

He has an end product, hence his better goal ratio to SWP who cant cross a ball or make a final pass, Hoilet just hasnt consistency, he will get that under Hughes!!

I did say with a better team he'll maybe improve, just don't think he is as good as many on here reckon. I personally think that QPR are his level, just like they are presently SWP's level.

Accept that Hoilett has a better goal ration but SWP had an impressive ratio when he was at City first time, hence why Chelsea paid big money for him. As you point out consistency is the key which neither player has.

To me the only difference between the two players is that Hoilett is still potential. The time has passed for SWP to be called that.

Time will tell if Hoilett will become a better player.

Good luck to the lad , as for a sideways step ?

Qpr are a prem club with a proper manager , we are a laughing stock as a club with a manager who in all probability will relegate us again , if he is allowed to stay in the hotseat ..

There's no doubt about that but I thought he'd set his sights slightly higher than QPR. Didn't Newcastle United offer him 50k a week a couple of weeks back, strange that he'd rather go to a club which has every chance of being relegated come the end of the season. They must be offering him some serious dosh if he turned down a club that offered him 50k a week and also finished in the top six. Risky money for a player who only gives his all when he feels like it.

maybe under a manager who he respects he will 'feel like it' alot more, he cant have respected kean that much because the difference between someone like him and someone like hughes is huge, he will look up to mark hughes and im sure he will improve him, i think qpr could be a top 10 side this season

If there was one single reason for me to buy a ST it's gone now. Hoilett possesses an amazing talent without a shadow of a doubt and so long as the bright lights don't affect him I suspect Hughes will slim him down, apply some discipline and get the best out of him. Good move for Hoilett imo cos he'll get the games that he might not have at a bigger club. and he is at a club which is going in the right direction.

Out of interest, what makes them 'going in the right direction'? They were fighting against relegation for the majority of last season.

They're still in the Premier League, we're not. I think Junior was aiming higher but QPR might be a good choice. They're investing and if he shines there they'll do well.

Archived