BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Hoilett

Mercer

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which might they be? the prolific Andrew Johnson or perennial United benchwarmer Park Ji-Sung, hardly inspiring if you ask me.

Both good players. Park is a very good player. It's hardly shameful to warm United's bench.

Personally I want QPR to struggle next season, let's see if junior has the belly for another relegation battle. I doubt he does!

i want him to get better, i want venkys to realise there may have been an outside chance of keeping a great player if they'd done something a year ago about the manager, i want them to regret the desicion to keep kean massively

If you can't see that Eddie............

Do go on. Just because we were relegated doesn't mean that every other club in the Premier League is 'going in the right direction'. QPR struggled for large parts of last season, in fact they had a drop-off from the moment that Hughes came in. Their signings this summer, Hoilett aside, have been mediocre and they have a very average squad. I would say that there is no chance that they finish in the top half next season and every chance that they are involved in the relegation battle for the entire year.

Diakate was a good signing and Nedum Onuoha.....Faurlin looked a good player until he missed the second half of the season with injury.....Taarabt will play more and is a really good player on his day.....Cisse, Helguson, DJ Campbell and Mackie is a pretty good strike force.....Zamora is just Heskey and Andy Johnson is Dickov......Joey Barton is actually a decent player for the most part.

If they sign some decent defenders, and they do have money, then I don't think they'll be in a relegation battle......although West Ham, Southampton and Reading have all made some decent sigings so I don't know who's going down with Wigan and Norwich.

• Backroom

Obviously moving from Rovers managed by Steve Kean in the Championship to QPR managed by Mark Hughes in the Premier League is a total sideways step. Bloody obvious, ain't it.

I didn't mean from the current state of affairs, but considering the fact that he refused to sign a contract when the club was in a far better state (at the time) then QPR are now...well then it is a sideways step. He clearly expected something more out of this move.

• Backroom

Did he? Can you prove that?

Perhaps he knew the club was going downhill fast under the idiot that is Steve Kean and our clueless owners and did not want to be a part of it for the foreseeable future. It doesn't take a genius to work out we're a club that are in free fall and not stopping any time soon. Honestly, you would have to be a total moron to play for Rovers under these owners and this manager - or value money over career progression, eg. Danny Murphy, though I suppose he doesn't have much of a career left so going for a two year bumper pay packet is probably the best move for him.

It was difficult to get him to sign a new contract when Allardyce and the Walker Trust were still around and, even then, he only signed a short-term deal.

His decision had nothing to do with the manager or the owners, it had everything to do with how good he thought he was, the clubs that he thought that he could sign for and the money that he thought that he could make.

That is clear when you look at his contract negotiations with us, his attitude during much of last season and the fact that it took him so long to sign a deal with a new club. Most in-demand free agents sign contracts in late May or early June, he didn't until well into July.

It was difficult to get him to sign a new contract when Allardyce and the Walker Trust were still around and, even then, he only signed a short-term deal.

His decision had nothing to do with the manager or the owners, it had everything to do with how good he thought he was, the clubs that he thought that he could sign for and the money that he thought that he could make.

That is clear when you look at his contract negotiations with us, his attitude during much of last season and the fact that it took him so long to sign a deal with a new club. Most in-demand free agents sign contracts in late May or early June, he didn't until well into July.

Agree with this. Hoilett has been looking for a big money, european football deal. I think however his poor performances in the last couple of months of last season, and real attitude problems have lead to a situation where no one of a european calibre is going to take him at a big wage.

He should, of course, be willing to take 30k a week at a top club, back himself, and earn a better deal over time while he improves. However it seems like he is going to take 50k at a lower end club. Says it all really.

Kean now admitting he hasn't even had a phone call to say he's leaving!

£6m will be on low side if you ask me. Kean has quoted figure City got for Sturridge, however he was only at City from age of 15, after they had to pay compo to Coventry for illegally tapping him up (a common theme for City's youth set up BTW).

However, I can see QPRs experienced team running PNE Paul ragged in a tribunal, and us gEtting a much lower figure too.

It isn't on the low side. Sturridge was transferring from Man City to Chelsea. It was a transfer of FAR bigger stature than from a relegated Rovers to QPR. The level of compensation isn't just decided on by the length of time the player was trained for, that isn't why City got what they got, or all the lower league teams would be raking it in.

We will be very lucky to get £6 million. I expect about 3, maybe 4.

Archived