BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Hoilett

Mercer

I think its perfectly obvious the big 7 clubs in the Premiership clearly DO NOT rate him better than they already have. If they did he would have been signed up by now.

Being linked with Sunderland and Stoke isnt the way ahead to an International career and in any case both of those clubs could easily have a poor start to the season, I would put Stoke in the bottom 6 as of now for next season.

Everton dont have the financial clout to lure him, maybe Newcastle have but even at a supposed fee of around £4m in compo I think that would put them off, even if there is an offset with the Best fee, they wont pay that amount as well as big wages. Villa dont appear to have the type of funds available and the rest of the clubs are also rans.

Hoilett either goes abroad or stays with Rovers, maybe on another short deal.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But didnt his last attempt at going to Germany break down because of the personal terms hes asking for. Perhaps he thought he would get the big move with big money and it hasnt materialised. Leaving him with possible options from lower placed teams in the prem or europe - non of which will pay him perhaps what he was hoping for. I wonder if he may end up with a lower wage than he was on at Rovers or just similar - suspect he was on decent money with his last contract at rovers

The Championship isn't a turtle race, there are players faster than Hoilett already plying their trade there so I don't think he'd be quite as devastating as people would like to believe.

Not defenders there aren't. I never meant to imply that it is a turtle race, but his pace (not to mention close control) terrifies Prem defences most of the time, and the Premiership IS faster as an average.

According to the local rag in Newcastle (the Chronicle), the barcodes have apparently sidestepped the chance to sign Junior.

Put off by his £50k a week wage demands and the compensation that they'll have to pay to Rovers. Think he's too expensive.

Interesting.

According to the local rag in Newcastle (the Chronicle), the barcodes have apparently sidestepped the chance to sign Junior.

Put off by his £50k a week wage demands and the compensation that they'll have to pay to Rovers. Think he's too expensive.

Interesting.

Very interesting! Looks like he might get burned here, deserves it for his attitude imo.

What happen's with hoillet now is it just we are due a fee because of him being a youth player and he's free or ar we still paying some sort of wages?

Is he going to be coming back to train pre season if no one signs him or have we cut all tie's if he does not find a club i'd not let him train with us.

He is a good propect but nothing more than that right now.

He stood out in a poor team last year but if you look back through other seasons every team that goes down has someone who stands out. He is certaintly not worth the wages been quoted here.

What happen's with hoillet now is it just we are due a fee because of him being a youth player and he's free or ar we still paying some sort of wages?

Is he going to be coming back to train pre season if no one signs him or have we cut all tie's if he does not find a club i'd not let him train with us.

He's out of contract, so we're not paying him wages since the end of June. Like any free agent, he could come and train with us if he and Keanocchio so wishes. Yet we're due the development fee, which means his potential new club needs to agree that with us or go to the tribunal that sets it.

I think you're underestimating the level of the Championship, if I'm honest. However I do agree he'd be a menace to every team, if he bothered to turn up that day that is.

Once again, I am NOT underestimating the level of the Championship. I haven't once told you what level I think it is at, other than that this level is lower than the Premiership (which is self evident), and that the players are not just as fast as in the Premiership. Never said they were slow, or crap.

Hoilett obviously holds all the cards, but I have a strong feeling he will still be here when the new season kicks off. He's after silly money, and Premier League clubs would have to pay a hefty compensation fee to Rovers should they sign him. Rovers' offer is still on the table, and Hoilett can afford to sit and wait for a while. If Kean manages to assemble a squad worthy of a promotion push then Hoilett snr & jr might see the value of staying a little longer.

If Hoilett stays then perhaps Olsson will reconsider as well, seeing as there's no major championship next year and he can afford to spend one season in a lower league before he "has" to move on.

Too wishful perhaps :rover:

Hoilett obviously holds all the cards, but I have a strong feeling he will still be here when the new season kicks off. He's after silly money, and Premier League clubs would have to pay a hefty compensation fee to Rovers should they sign him. Rovers' offer is still on the table, and Hoilett can afford to sit and wait for a while. If Kean manages to assemble a squad worthy of a promotion push then Hoilett snr & jr might see the value of staying a little longer.

If Hoilett stays then perhaps Olsson will reconsider as well, seeing as there's no major championship next year and he can afford to spend one season in a lower league before he "has" to move on.

Too wishful perhaps :rover:

Nothing wrong with a bit of optimism on forums....it gets the conversation going as opposed to pessimism about our situation (otherwise known as realism).

I think if Hoilett had tried harder in games and contributed more then he would be off as there would be some top clubs after him properly. But at the moment, according to the papers, Victor Moses is the prime target in that position for the likes of Chelsea. There have also been a few occasions in recent seasons where our best players left to either sit on the bench or not play anywhere near as good as they did for us at their new clubs (eg Bentley, Warnock and Santa Cruz) and hopefully this is playing on Hoilett (and Olsson's) mind a little.

It's not like if Hoilett played in the C'ship he could just annihilate teams at will as people said about Bellamy who didn't exactly light the division on fire, but he will be almost guaranteed to be the best player and I'm sure he could win us many points on his own.....I believe Olsson and Hoilett are good friends as well so if one stays, that might help to convince the other one to as well, even if it's only till January.

If I were Rovers theres no way on Earth Id help him train and keep fit whilst he looks for another club. Let him rot away at home and get fat.

Good player but not a great player. Could be a great player but i feel he will always be held back from being special due to a poor attitude. There were many games last season, he would stroll around the pitch almost like he was above it all. Didnt show any emotion or heart during the relegation run in, which sums him up considering weve raised him since he was 13.

Adios

Interesting.

i don't think any team serious about signing him would be even slightly put off by 50k, there are some proper s*** players rumoured to get that and more the apparent wages stoke players ala pennant get is just frightening.

QPR is the new name being banded about....also will be in the LT tomorrow.

They have also just signed Park from United for £5m.

Rated him for years, but £5m is too much for him at 31.

Archived