BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Hoilett

Mercer

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cryer just retweted a post on twitter saying Hoilet going to Newcastle, would be great to see him stay in prem league especially at an attacking club like Newcastle.

Great? Seeing one of our best players going to Newcastle is great?

I think it's bloody awful. Rather he went to somewhere like "Young Boys Berne".

Great? Seeing one of our best players going to Newcastle is great?

I think it's bloody awful. Rather he went to somewhere like "Young Boys Berne".

Obviously i didnt mean it was great he was leaving, i think venkys should put their money where their mouth is and make him the highest paid rovers player ever if thats what it takes to keep him, but thats not going to happen.

ive always had a soft spot for newcastle since the keegan era in the ninties, its just a mad club with madder fans, ive gone of them in recent years because of their scumbag owner but at least he isnt afraid to dig deep into his pockets when a players worth it and if he goes to a prem club we will at least get a few million for him, just hope it all goes into new players (or even better replacing the Knobface manager).

Only positive out of this is the tribunal money. And even then, I think we're expecting an amount we'll probably never see. And not because Venky's might pocket it, but because there's a big difference between Daniel Sturridge and Junior Hoilett, as much as I like him.

Of all the clubs he could go to. Oh well at least it isn't Spurs.

Krul

Santon Coloccini S Taylor R Taylor

Ben Arfa Cabaye Tiote Hoilett

Ba Cisse

Very good team indeed. If I was Spurs or Liverpool I would be worried. They might lose or a couple of those or they might strengthen further. Aren't they after Samba?

Rovers will get around £5m if Hoilett decides to stay in the Premier League

Robbo will cost around £4m I've heard.

Yak leaves for £1m

So thats just around £10m for three class players.

I thought we'd be getting about £3m for Hoilett. I said yonks ago I bet he'd end up at Newcastle ergh.

Better for us than him going to Germany. We' also get a good chunk of the sell on if he left Newcastle:

Better for Venky's, you mean?

Who gives a wаnk, really? We all know he was going one way or another.

it is only a rumour on twitter he might be going to newcsatle.

O and ive just found this- http://www.tynetime....-junior-hoilett

I wonder if its true could their be a connection with the Best deal in there.

Why would there be? He's a free agent and we can't use him to sweeten any other deals. Kean isn't likely to be able to get him to do us a favour and say 'sign for Toon would you, Junior'.

Although Kean could have told Newcastle that he will definitely sign for them in a few days...

Why would there be? He's a free agent and we can't use him to sweeten any other deals. Kean isn't likely to be able to get him to do us a favour and say 'sign for Toon would you, Junior'.

Although Kean could have told Newcastle that he will definitely sign for them in a few days...

Because Rovers are still entitled a fee of him due to him being young enough and brought up by Rovers. If the clubs can't agree the fee, then it goes to the tribunal that sets the fee.

Because Rovers are still entitled a fee of him due to him being young enough and brought up by Rovers. If the clubs can't agree the fee, then it goes to the tribunal that sets the fee.

Has a point....

Best in, Hoilett to them - no compo required

Best/Hoillet swap ??? sounds plausible , so thats Murphy , Best , Nuno Gomes ,and the other Portugueese kid in and not a penny spent on transfer fee's

No but we cannot insist on him going to Newcastle. If he doesn't want to go there, he can't use as bait in any shape.

If Newcastle want him, and Hoillet decides he wants to go there, then ok. But we are not in the position to sweeten the Best deal with Junior. It is entirely down to him.

No but we cannot insist on him going to Newcastle. If he doesn't want to go there, he can't use as bait in any shape.

If Newcastle want him, and Hoillet decides he wants to go there, then ok. But we are not in the position to sweeten the Best deal with Junior. It is entirely down to him.

It does depend on Junior but, if he does want to go there, there might be room for negotiation with Newcastle.

We could say, "look, we won't go to a tribunal if you knock £Xm off the Best deal". Save everyone a lot of time and hassle?

Im still confident Junior will come back to us, afterall good ol' Steveo is being kept on and we all know that was going to be the deciding factor whether Hoillett was going to stay.

I have faith in Keans honesty.

Archived