BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Letter which exposes the history of the Blackburn crisis

John

Lots of stuff to chew over, however, firstly, our owners confessed that when they first took over, they knew very little about football. Therefore, who advised them to sack Sam and appoint Kean as JA claims he had nothing to do with Sam's removal ?

Need some fresh air as feeling nauseous.

1. That may be the case.

2. You genuinely did - good and proper.

3. "Most respects" I seriously don't doubt you will be in the right ballpark, but you have also done your fair share of increasing hysteria on this site by blurring guesswork, opinion and facts.

For goodness sake, this emerges and all you can do is have a go at Philipl whose insight has been fantastic over the last year and, IMO, will prove to be largely right.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair Philip L has introduced plenty of hearsay and incorrect info on here - he's been very quite since his public spanking on twitter. As for the quote marks - are suggesting I have said those phrases because if you are, you are VERY wide of the mark!

No--not accusing you on that score.

Whatever else Philip said he was bang on correct about Anderson and identified the threat to Rovers long before anyone else.

No--not accusing you on the score.

Whatever else Philip said he was bang on correct about Anderson and identified the threat to Rovers long before anyone else.

Fair enough. I only joined post summer transfer window so I've only really experienced the bad bits.

Agents are EXPLICITLY NOT ALLOWED TO ACT AS THE MANAGEMENT OF FOOTBALL CLUBS. I am aware of prior advice given by the PL on this specific matter to the parties involved.

Doesn't matter if SEM were doing the Venky's bidding- that is why this is dynamite. The Board and Mangement are saying they did not instruct SEM to do this but were in fact by-passed by SEM. This makes this situation problematic whereas at Doncaster, the board and management have themselves instructed an agent to do certain things.

It's the 3rd party element that is dynamite, not who is doing the paperwork.

Ok, so why didn't the letter actually say that then? It is stating that the Board were not consulted as to how the dealing was going on, not that it was against PL rules. Considering the tone of the letter and the clear (and rightful) dismay portrayed as to their exclusion, this would have been the sucker punch. "We would advise that this action could be seen as contrary to PL rules."

Or maybe the instruction from SEM was so vague that Williams et al didn't think it was an issue compared to the bypassing? Or does Philip have a video of the exchange with the Football Secretary - perhaps on the same tape as the absolutely guaranteed transfer of Samba in August?

Fair enough. I only joined post summer transfer window so I've only really experienced the bad bits.

Philip was on the ball from the word go, he saw through Venkys and the Circus they created, most people were of the opinion that Jerome Anderson would be bad news for the club and again it appears as though their opinions have been proven correct!!

Just a thought on this matter, this could have serious effects on any transfer dealings and indeed the appointment of an assistant manager, who is going to want to come with this hanging around!!

I'm sorry if I'm missing something, but what does this reveal that we didn't already knowSUSPECT

This is evidence, now in the public domain, that our club is being run into the ground.

And its obviously making some people very twitchy!

Ok, so why didn't the letter actually say that then? It is stating that the Board were not consulted as to how the dealing was going on, not that it was against PL rules. Considering the tone of the letter and the clear (and rightful) dismay portrayed as to their exclusion, this would have been the sucker punch. "We would advise that this action could be seen as contrary to PL rules."

Or maybe the instruction from SEM was so vague that Williams et al didn't think it was an issue compared to the bypassing? Or does Philip have a video of the exchange with the Football Secretary - perhaps on the same tape as the absolutely guaranteed transfer of Samba in August?

Have you read the letter? If so you missed the last paragraph.

The Football Secretary is iirc a role at a club that organises things such as ticket allocations, travel arrangements, and other administrative tasks. Currently it's someone called Anthony Bloch. Not sure if he was around 12 months ago.

The role could well do some of the more administrative duties (perhaps they faxed Kuqi's transfer to the chip shop in the past). If he received an instruction from SEM to do something that was a direct request from the Owners, he could well have gone to Williams/Finn to query how to handle it, thus flagging up something the Board didn't know what was happening.

Hardly dynamite if someone was doing something for the Owners, regardless of how stupid that arrangement was.

Excuse me but are you for real? This situation is exactly analagous to the West Ham and Tevez situation--a player owned not by a club but by a 3rd party, with the clear implication that the third party was an agent.

Do you remember that West Ham, in most minds, should have been deducted points which would have relegated them.?

In the end they had to pay 3(?)M quid to Sheffield Utd as compensation when Utd sued.

Finally, if an agent is in charge of transfer policy and said agent earns his money by commission, can you not see that that constitutes a conflict of interest? And that's why the FA rules don't permit it?

My joy at seeing this letter revealed is only tempered by the fear that Rovers could be in serious trouble because of these clowns. We don't deserve it but we may well suffer for it.

1. That may be the case.

2. You genuinely did - good and proper.

3. "Most respects" I seriously don't doubt you will be in the right ballpark, but you have also done your fair share of increasing hysteria on this site by blurring guesswork, opinion and facts.

+1

+1 for what?

Not one peice of accurate analysis!!

Did you read the twitter stuff?

Body language of management, the interpretation of where JW was sat at Ewood, the symbol analysis, I could go on there is plenty of nonsense written too! Ali Syed was a top bloke who had a billion in the bank and should have been our owner too lol

I am also in the camp of not seeing this as totally explosive.

With the Formica deal, the article reads like the authorities did their job, stopping a deal where player ownership was an issue until that issue was resolved. How, I have no idea, but since the authorities were already looking at it, it must have been resolved to their satisfaction.

The SEM comment is tacked on at the end reading more like a "Oh, by the way..." than a "In doing this you are guaranteeing points deductions, relegation, administration and the end of the club" which is what the three gentlemen were surely duty-bound to say if it was indeed the case.

Archived