BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Letter which exposes the history of the Blackburn crisis

John

Massive weekend for us. Three points and now the beginnings of exposing venkys.

This has to be our one big hope.

Somehow we manage to stay-up and Venky's are forced to sell. Wonder if they would now pass the 'fit and proper person(s) test' ?!?!?!?!

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somehow we manage to stay-up and Venky's are forced to sell. Wonder if they would now pass the 'fit and proper person(s) test' ?!?!?!?!

I think the test is a catch 22,

If you were a fit and proper person you wouldn't need to take the test

;)

In Pune as we type

" hey sis, I have found the Qatari telephone directory, what do you want that for?"

Also, i would suggest everyone bombards Mrs D with letters to the address detailed in the letter.

For me, staying up would be a bonus and completely unexpected. But we can still do it. The real victory will be getting rid of venkys and getting proper owners in. Thats the only way we can progress long term.

Don't understand how these things work. But cannot see venkys being FORCED TO SELL. After all there would have to be somebody wanting to buy. Fines, points deduction, maybe transfer ban, although bad enough, cannot see how venkys would be affected.

Hope I am wrong though.

Don't understand how these things work. But cannot see venkys being FORCED TO SELL. After all there would have to be somebody wanting to buy. Fines, points deduction, maybe transfer ban, although bad enough, cannot see how venkys would be affected.

Hope I am wrong though.

It just depends on how much face they think they will lose

Hope I am wrong though.

Think about the bad publicity this will create for the Venkys brand. Indian business is all about integrity. It will be a massive blow for them and their growth.

This is the full details of the TV appearance this evening

Hi Glen,

Here's all the details of the programme:

Our homepage:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-radio-and-tv-15776492

Our facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/sportsworldhaveyoursay

Our twitter-

http://twitter.com/#!/BBCSportsWHYS

A recording of the programme goes up on the facebook page a couple of hours after the programme- that's probably the best way to direct friends and twitter followers.

thanks once again, and do take my number and Tom's with you in case of problems.

cheers,

LEO

The real victory will be getting rid of venkys and getting proper owners in.

The second part sounds easier than the first part - the downside is if we are sold to worse owners than Venkys.

Wait a minute, who am I kidding! :wacko:

The second part sounds easier than the first part - the downside is if we are sold to worse owners than Venkys.

Its a good point, the safeguards that Jack Walker put in place may not apply to a subsequent buyer, maybe Philip or someone has some info on this

Its a good point, the safeguards that Jack Walker put in place may not apply to a subsequent buyer, maybe Philip or someone has some info on this

With the greatest of respect yoda, that's pretty laughable in itself. Clearly any alleged covenants or agreements appear to have been pretty meaningless anyway.

It's possible we could end up with someone with worse ideas but we may struggle to find them. I guess they are marginally better than Al Sayed.

I think I'm most disappointed with the Premier League's unfit and improper test though - especially in the wake of what happened with Portsmouth.

Just to prove good people are out there (at least on the surface)

More information/communication/potential in this than the last year or so at Rovers?

http://www.pafc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10364~2576335,00.html

And the current group took the club out of administration, with a low-value squad and outdated facilities (if memory serves there are at least three portacabins on site!)

Rovers, even in the Championship, would be a far more attractive proposition so there's always hope - perhaps if the club goes into administration there might be an opportunity to get a fans trust to become a stakeholder?

That's true. We could get someone equally as bad. However,I think the fans (partic glen and co) have shown that you can't mess with our club and get away with it. Hopefully, that will scare off any jokers wanting to buy the club.

With the greatest of respect yoda, that's pretty laughable in itself. Clearly any alleged covenants or agreements appear to have been pretty meaningless anyway.

It's possible we could end up with someone with worse ideas but we may struggle to find them. I guess they are marginally better than Al Sayed.

I think I'm most disappointed with the Premier League's unfit and improper test though - especially in the wake of what happened with Portsmouth.

Like I posted above, its a catch 22,

I was thinking more the spirit of the safeguards, if someone wants to willfully disobey them then no one is safe, unless there were some appointed custodians of the safeguards, if so what happened were these people removed?

This is the tip of the iceberg. There must be much much more to come out. My only worry is thst it is only Nick Harris running these stories and when he loses interest that will be the end of it.

However things are starting to fall into place now, in particular, Anderson's Sky interview.

The letter is dated 4th January less than 2 months after Venkys takeover of the club on 19th November. What happened before and after the 19th November to generate this letter. In my experience a letter like this is very much a last resort and will be referring to numerous events that happened between the takeover and the date of the letter.

Archived