BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hypothetical Question(s)

I'm genuinely interested to see how much people's opinion on Kean is based on results and how much based on personal dislikes (naturally I'm sure there'll be a huge amount who feel its both).

So if we survived this season, what would your opinion on Kean as a manager be and would you see him capable of managing a team to safety in future, though of course it wouldn't be certain safety.

If we finished 15th this season what would your opinion of his credentials as a manager be then?

Please do not fill this thread with 'it's not going to happen' etc because this is a hypothetical question. I'm just trying to gauge how much of the personal side of things is heightened by the poor league position.

I'm genuinely interested to see how much people's opinion on Kean is based on results and how much based on personal dislikes (naturally I'm sure there'll be a huge amount who feel its both).

So if we survived this season, what would your opinion on Kean as a manager be and would you see him capable of managing a team to safety in future, though of course it wouldn't be certain safety.

If we finished 15th this season what would your opinion of his credentials as a manager be then?

Please do not fill this thread with 'it's not going to happen' etc because this is a hypothetical question. I'm just trying to gauge how much of the personal side of things is heightened by the poor league position.

If he got Rovers on a great run of form and finished us in 15th I would give him a chance as he would have earned it.

In the longer term you do have to ask how viable he is though as he seems to have a real talent to wind the fans up. His PR is awful - lieing, raising expectations, failing to recognise concerns etc etc. I doubt he would ever be really accepted even if he got us in the top half so it would be just a matter of time before he left. If the view of him changed so that he was considered a decent premiership manager I am sure he would jump ship to West Brom or whoever gave him a contract to get a fresh start.

If he got Rovers on a great run of form and finished us in 15th I would give him a chance as he would have earned it.

In the longer term you do have to ask how viable he is.

If he survives the next season or so who knows what he could do with such an oppurtunity?

In 20 odd years time we could have overhauled United with the most top flight league wins ever in English history.

I can't wait.

Can't stand the bloke. A man, who has engineered a position that is way above his abilities due to his connections and pure idiocy of the owners.

However, I am not a hypocrite, when I used to read from anti Allardyce fans that they simply 'hate him' and wanted him out, it used to leave me incredulous. All I want from my football club is to win, win, win, I'm not interested in their personality, private life and the rest of it.

At the end of last season, I said Kean must leave or we will have another year of dire struggle- and so it has been proven.

The man is a base liar and I find his BS and faux positivity infruriating- why? Because the facts don't stack up with his chatter. If we were comfortably in midtable, I would still find him a cringeworthy David Brent figure, but I would let him get on with it.

If we do somehow stay up this season, it will be more of the same the next. He will NEVER be good enough for this football club if it has aspirations above desperate relegation scraps, he simply does not have the ability.

I would never believe a word that lying sack of dog turds ever uttered, he couldn't lie straight in bed. He has never spoke the truth and has consistently alienated the fans, along with Anderson, Venkys and the rest of the media/managership Kean appreciation society they can all kiss my ass

For me it depends if he can change his habbit of constant lies and PR spin in interviews which is clearly aimed at the owners, making fools out of the fans.

Cut out the BS, be honest with the fans and stand up to the owners AND get results and i'll back him.

If not, even if we finish 15th i'd still want someone else in.

I would never believe a word that lying sack of dog turds ever uttered, he couldn't lie straight in bed. He has never spoke the truth and has consistently alienated the fans, along with Anderson, Venkys and the rest of the media/managership Kean appreciation society they can all kiss my ass

I whole heartedly agree! I couldn't put it better or add anything. :rover:

The man is simply a liar. There are too many examples out there to list, most of his lies are put out there to buy himself more time. He has no respect for the fans, shows little respect for players (e.g. Salgado, Nelsen). He is in a job he would never have got near to in a million years if it wasn’t for our clueless owners and their “advisor”.

He has brought abject rubbish into the club in the form of Ribeiro and Anderson for some reason or other (we are paying their wages when clearly they will never get anywhere near the first XI). Kean is even happy to toe the Venky’s line even though that contradicts his own statements. Has friends in high media places through his Agent. He is lacking in moral fibre and honesty. He is divisive in the extreme.

All this has occurred and he shows no signs of changing (see Nelsen statement on rovers.co.uk. – seven years and not a single word of thanks? Has no one at the club got any class anymore? Would it really have hurt for the manager to have shown some humility and thanked him for his service?). If we finish 15th then great. He can then get his coat and get out. Which he surely would be told to do if we had owners who had a modicum of an idea of what they were doing instead of Venkys.

Kean is my eyes a bad manager, both when it comes to media handling and tactical dispositions. But I like the player strategy (buy young and unproven, what he is trying to do etc) and to be fair he hasn't been given a lot of support with transfer money and media handling.

My view is that we are stuck with him, but we can't really do any worse than we did at the first half this season. Kean is still fresh in this game and will improve with time.

I said on the Norwegian MB at the start of the season that it doesn't matter if we finish at 17th or 12 th place this season. The only thing who matters are that we don't get relegated. If we keep our spot in pl we have a young and talented team

Who will improve and we will be better suited next season.

If we keep our PL status I would want kean gone only if we had gotten a very high quality replacement (like mark Hughes or Benitez, in that range)

If the replacement option is Steve Bruce or similar I wouldn't mind that kean continues.

The only problem I have with kean is his comments in media. If he can learn to respect the fans and call a spade for a spade I think we could take a major step next season

As I said elsewhere, he could win the Premier League, the Champions League and the Nobel Peace Prize all in a week and I would still want him out.

He is an odious individual who has played a significant part in ruining this club and I can’t wait to see the back of him and the rest of the illegitimates.

As I said elsewhere, he could win the Premier League, the Champions League and the Nobel Peace Prize all in a week and I would still want him out.

He is an odious individual who has played a significant part in ruining this club and I can’t wait to see the back of him and the rest of the illegitimates.

+100

Sam used to wind me up with some of the stuff he came out with. His tactics too. But he had the results(especially at home)to show for it. Kean takes the arrogance and the spin(lies)to a different level. I can't stand the man. He's also a rubbish manager and a "Yes Man" for our numpty owners. He will never guide us any higher than a relegation scrap. :angry2:

For me it depends if he can change his habbit of constant lies and PR spin in interviews which is clearly aimed at the owners, making fools out of the fans.

Cut out the BS, be honest with the fans and stand up to the owners AND get results and i'll back him.

If not, even if we finish 15th i'd still want someone else in.

Hear, hear. There's a difference between a football manager not telling the whole truth so as to massage the fans' expectations and telling downright lies.

A bit less of "taking the positives" out of every situation wouldn't come amiss, either.

The man almost got us relegated last season and this season we have been entrenched in the bottom three for almost all the season. Even if, by some miracle, we escape this season surely the time will have come to part company. Admittedly, Desai is every bit as much to blame, indeed probably more so, for the sad state the club now finds itself in. The perfect solution would be for Kean and Desai to disappear hand in hand into the sunset at the end of this season. Sadly, I suspect this pair of clowns are likely to be with us for some time to come.

He will never ever have any support from me no matter what he achieves.

He lies constantly, shows the fans nothing but disrespect, is a media/camera/microphone whore.

He has (in my opinion) far more control than any manager ever has (or should have) over the running of the club.

I have said before he could win every competition on earth twice and turn water to wine at half time and I still would never ever give him another chance.

Some people now feeling a bit sorry for him, after realising how bad Venky's have been.

He's one component of the axis of evil. Venky's, Anderson and Kean have brought this club to it's knees. They're all in it up their necks. I wont be happy until all those three are gone.

I'll never warm to him. Too much water has gone under the bridge for me.

I cringe everytime I hear his voice or see his face on TV or in the paper.

Hate is a very strong word but he runs it close.

Archived