BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Arsenal v Rovers Preview - February 4th, 1pm

2k.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well we have had three suprising wins/draws so far this season. A fourth would be incredible. Come on lads.

Decent enough team when you look at it. Hope Modeste finds some shooting boots. My main concern is that space in front of the defence which Nzonzi and Petrovic just don't close down in. Sort of game where a J Jones type would be incredibly useful. He was excellent against Arsenal last year.

edit - looking at the other games today it looks really worrying for us. QPR WOLVES is huge. Draw is probably the best result for us there, a win either sees QPR pull away or Wigan in all likelihood leapfrog us. Bolton, Wigan and West Brom all have winnable games. Arrrrrgggggghhhh.

Looking at our fixture list to the end of the season we only really have nine winnable games (ie. excluding games against the top six). We probably need around 20 points to stay up. So that's around seven wins out of those nine.

Wow.

Our midfield looks so weak defensivly. but COYB!!

ffs! Scott dann again!!!! for the millionth time STEP UP prove your worth!

Hanley should have got his place back after Danns last 2 performances like ricky says he should have never been dropped!

If we lose dont care how well we play but Kean is getting blamed for his defensive selection.

Will Modeste have learnt how to finish in 2 days? Lets hope the yak has been giving him tips.

decent going forward, its at the back where we are ######, the pace of walcott and chamberlain will rip our fullbacks to peices, not to mention van persie up against gift-a-goal dann!!!

I think it's the advanced midfield that's the problem - Dunny and Pedersen looked the obvious weakest links against Newcastle. Formica and Vukcevic would offer much more IMO.

Arsenal have got pace to burn out wide with Chamberlain and Walcott - Lowe and Olsson are going to have a tough afternoon ....

Not Rochina. He was awful against Newcastle. He constantly loses possession by not passing, which you can't afford at a place like the Emirates.

I can't argue too much with that Chuck. Petrovic doesn't do enough for me, but I suppose he has improved slightly. I just thought either Formica or Rochina could support Modeste on the off chance we get forward. Dunny struggles to perform this role over 90 minutes and needs somebody with a decent engine around him.

Good to see Pedersen in there. So many managers cannot be wrong. Our best creator against Newcastle with dangerous crosses along the 6-yard line that just needed a touch from a decent forward. I don't like Arsenal and their smug supporters. Much rather we beat them than United. Come on Rovers - surprise us again.

I think it's the advanced midfield that's the problem - Dunny and Pedersen looked the obvious weakest links against Newcastle.

Seriously? That's not how most people saw it.

Funny how the people who give Dun and Pedersen unfair stick are the same people who were strongly anti-Allardyce. Don't think that's a coincidence.

Good to see Pedersen in there. So many managers cannot be wrong. Our best creator against Newcastle with dangerous crosses along the 6-yard line that just needed a touch from a decent forward. I don't like Arsenal and their smug supporters. Much rather we beat them than United. Come on Rovers - surprise us again.

You love your Peds don't you old timer? Everytime you hear his name i bet you get a tingle.

Archived