BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Arsenal v Rovers Preview - February 4th, 1pm

2k.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to say that we could getting something from this one. We've had good results away from home at Liverpool and Man United, so I'd like to think we can follow this up at Arsenal, but I just don't see it. I actually think we could get stuffed on Saturday. It will have no affect on the owners unfortunately.

Arsenal like to try to play it through teams and never ever change that approach. If we stay disciplined, deny them space and cut out individual errors we could get something.

Having said that, I reckon they'll get an early goal and dick us 4-1.

Kean said he's fit and available but WONT be playing so he'd rather talk about those who will be. This Samba thing is NOT Kean's fault. Kean is to blame for a lot of things and most of them have to do with tactics, substitutions and what happens on the pitch.

Arsenal 4 - 1 Rovers

Andy Cryer and Andy Bayes both tweeting that they aren't allowed to ask Kean any questions on Samba, and also he won't be in the squad for the Arsenal game.

Not going to be much of a press conference if you can't ask the question everyone wants the answer to.

I hear they also have to kneel and pledge allegiance before entering the conference room too. Just a rumour though.

A jaw-breaking defeat might light the fire a little bit under Venkys and Kean (to get out of our football club.) They don't like being humiliated, at least not publicly, but results can not be concealed.

10-0 Arsenal, c'mon.

Although I personally never want to see the team lose, one day we are going to get tubbed when a team's got their scoring boots on.

They can't keep messing with the club/team like they are, not investing, and get away with it forever. Kean and co are really pushing their luck now.

I must admit that I can't say I'm going to be travelling to London with any thoughts other than defeat. Arsenal have reached the point where they need to win all their home games if they are to get anywhere near the fourth spot. Without Samba I fear we will struggle to hold them.

By the law of averages we must be due a clean sheet at some point and if we can manage to do that tomorrow then we may scrape a 0-0. However, if Arsenal score I fear the worst.

Two games in a row which we dominated, 1 point gained. With the pattern of the season so far we are due a game where we are soundly beaten. That said only Man City and Spurs of the top teams have outclassed us this season.

Hope springs eternal...

I would play the same team as against Newcastle but drop Dann for Hanley. Not sure Kean will want to risk turning another senior pro against him.

Two games in a row which we dominated, 1 point gained. With the pattern of the season so far we are due a game where we are soundly beaten. That said only Man City and Spurs of the top teams have outclassed us this season.

Can you explain how on earth we are in the bottom 3 then Joey?

Hope springs eternal...

Steve, Steve! Is that you? :lol:

Is Yak definitely not back? Did the FA Cup game against Newcastle not count towards his ban? (followed by Everton and Newcastle again)

Edit- just checked official site, he is suspended still. Then why did Goodwillie play in the FA Cup match??

The Newcastle FA Cup game was before when he got sent off in the Fulham game.

Is Yak definitely not back? Did the FA Cup game against Newcastle not count towards his ban? (followed by Everton and Newcastle again)

Edit- just checked official site, he is suspended still. Then why did Goodwillie play in the FA Cup match??

He was rested. How ironic!

Archived