BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Arsenal v Rovers Preview - February 4th, 1pm

2k.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

don't think its impossible to get something from this game. rovers have shown good form recently when we look at our performance last 6 games, and arsenal seem to struggle at the moment. Looks like for the second time this season we will meet arsenal at a very convinient time.

also we seem to to play better when we are under pressure and the other team controls the game.

i Expect nothing, but i think i may be suprised tomorrow

RVP perhaps is cooling his boots right now, can only hope that continues, when was the last time one saw Arsenal draw 0-0 as their last outing. Well, I'm sure it has happened some other time in the recent past. Good chance at a draw, I'll go with those who are optimistic.

How many has RVP scored against us in his career so far, must be in double figures by now surely?

I think SSN said 10 in his last 12 games against us, could have been 12 in his last 10 I wasn't really paying attention

I hope we can get a result today. Arsenal are under a bit of pressure from their fans so lets keep 'em out for 20 minutes or so and their fans should become our 12th player. Heard the gooners fans were taking 'bin bags' to throw on the pitch, let's hope so. They don't look that convincing and the Bolton fans I talked to last night confirmed the first 20 minutes were by far the gooners best.

Robbo, lowe, Hanley, Givet, Olsson, Hoillet, Nzonzi, Dunny, Peds, Rochina, Modeste.

COYB!! :brfc:

Wouldnt read too much into it to be honest. The last time VP was "rested" he came off the bench to score a brace!

You can understand why Arsenal fans are sick of Wenger when this kind of thing happens. They have 1 match winner and they rest him. Great boost for the opposition to see him out of the side. Imagine Rovers resting Shearer when he was here, not blimmin likely.

RVP starts.

Szczesny, Coquelin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Song, Arteta, Rosicky, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott, Van Persie.

SUBS: Fabianski, Sagna, Ramsey, Benayoun, Arshavin, Henry, Park.

Robinson, Lowe, Givet, Dann, Olsson - Nzonzi, Petrovic - Pedersen, Dunn, Hoilett - Modeste

Subs: Formica, Bunn, Orr, Rochina, Goodwillie, Vukcevic, Hanley

Well a sure loss I think, put your money on Walcott scoring cos I think he has not scored at the Emirates in a year. I will get to watch the game here so a deffo a loss.

Two games in a row which we dominated, 1 point gained. With the pattern of the season so far we are due a game where we are soundly beaten. That said only Man City and Spurs of the top teams have outclassed us this season.

Hope springs eternal...

I would play the same team as against Newcastle but drop Dann for Hanley. Not sure Kean will want to risk turning another senior pro against him.

It befuddles me as to why Hanley lost his spot to Dann anyway. What a way to de-motivate the young lad, another man management masterclass by the Venky puppet.

Archived