BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers' support sliding

Mercer

Xmas to blame blah blah.

Ask yourself why ST holders are chosing not to go?

And contrary to belief they are not included in the attendance if they don't attend. Hence the use of the term attendance

IMO Venky's are just one factor - though they are central to most of the reasons :-

1. Dissatisfaction with Kean.

2. 9 home defeats so far this season.

3. Financial reasons - you can't ignore the associated costs in going to a match - in hard times that could be enough to put some people off.

4. Dissatisfaction with the way the club is being run - and a feeling it is no longer "blackburn rovers"

They aren't in order - but you can put three of the four down to Venky's.

To be honest, in these times when we are facing relegation, lack of funding and inept owners - is the time when Rovers most need our support. For ST holders - they can't even claim they are putting money in the owners pockets. The one reason I could partly understand is that they feel it is no longer the towns club - I suppose JW and TF helped to keep that feeling that (even with multi-million pound employees) it was still our club - for me this is the Venky's biggest let down. Though many fans wouldn't be happy with the lack of investment etc - I am sure many would feel better if they at least explained properly with the fans the reasons and opened up a dialogue with the fans - rather than being removed from them (and this is more than just geography).

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Xmas to blame blah blah.

Ask yourself why ST holders are chosing not to go?

And contrary to belief they are not included in the attendance if they don't attend. Hence the use of the term attendance

Very difficult for club to spin their way out of this.

Both last season and this season, we played Stoke over the Christmas holiday period and also played Newcastle in early February. Therefore, for two out of the three matches, comparisons are nailed-on !!!

Very difficult for club to spin their way out of this.

Both last season and this season, we played Stoke over the Christmas holiday period and also played Newcastle in early February. Therefore, for two out of the three matches, comparisons are nailed-on !!!

If they can't spin their way out they'll just ignore it.

I know talks cheap but I only know a few ST holders who have packed in completely but I know absolutely loads who are only going cos they have a st and a strange notion about getting their money's worth BUT have no intention of renewing as it stands.

• Moderation Lead

How did ST sales compare again to last season? Were they down a good few thousand? Cant remember now, but pretty sure they were around 4000 down.

May even be north of 5000!

I also heard that after the first game of the season against Wolves, a load of fans went to the club shop and asked to cancel....

I've been going for over 30 years and been a ST holder for about 11 years now. Can't speak for others but for me, the choice next season is simple:

1. Get relegated, perhaps go into administation with ST prices trebled but coco & flunky's gone - Would I renew? Yes, absolutely, no question.

2. Stay up, season ticket prices frozen or even lowered, but coco & flunky's still here next season - Would I renew? NO, never.

For me, its personal now with coco & flunky's - the arrogance and contempt they have treated 'protesting' fans like myself like 'peasants in revolt' is beyond belief and I think unprecedented in football. We've been ridiculed, provoked and there have even been subtle suggestions of racial undertones from a certain third party, all because we have dared to try and call the imposters to account for their systematic destruction of BRFC.

I'm not knocking anyone who does renew next season, perhaps they are more blue & white than I am, but I won't be having anything further to do with the club until it has been cleansed of the festering disease that is coco and flunky's. Hopefully, it won't take too long but if its 5 or 10 years, then so be it. Someone above has used the word 'detached' and thats how I now feel about the club.

As I say, I can't speak for anyone else but being Blackburn born and breed (and therefore perhaps having some understanding of general local feeling), I suspect there may be thousands of others who feel the same way.

For me, its personal now with coco & flunky's - the arrogance and contempt they have treated 'protesting' fans like myself like 'peasants in revolt' is beyond belief and I think unprecedented in football. We've been ridiculed, provoked and there have even been subtle suggestions of racial undertones from a certain third party, all because we have dared to try and call the imposters to account for their systematic destruction of BRFC.

I'm not knocking anyone who does renew next season, perhaps they are more blue & white than I am, but I won't be having anything further to do with the club until it has been cleansed of the festering disease that is coco and flunky's. Hopefully, it won't take too long but if its 5 or 10 years, then so be it. Someone above has used the word 'detached' and thats how I now feel about the club.

As I say, I can't speak for anyone else but being Blackburn born and breed (and therefore perhaps having some understanding of general local feeling), I suspect there may be thousands of others who feel the same way.

A conclusion that I came to last May when I decided that not a penny piece of my money was going to those pratts and decided not to renew.

I based my decision on the amount of lies that the Slumdog management had tried to feed me since they took over in Nov along with the humiliation and ridicule that we had been subject to by stupid statement after stupid statement. All thats happened is that it's got much worse. My only connection with the club now is Ewood Park and blue and white halves.

I've been going for over 30 years and been a ST holder for about 11 years now. Can't speak for others but for me, the choice next season is simple:

1. Get relegated, perhaps go into administation with ST prices trebled but coco & flunky's gone - Would I renew? Yes, absolutely, no question.

2. Stay up, season ticket prices frozen or even lowered, but coco & flunky's still here next season - Would I renew? NO, never.

Exactly my thinking.

If either Venky's or Coco here next season, irrespective of either PL or Championship, my tickets will not be renewed.

Based upon chit chat at the match, it would not surprise me if two thirds or more feel the same way.

If either Venky's or Coco here next season, irrespective of either PL or Championship, my tickets will not be renewed.

Based upon chit chat at the match, it would not surprise me if two thirds or more feel the same way.

I agree totally - I have been a season ticket holder for years, my firm sponsors Junior, great seats on front row of family stand right behind the goal. Would hate to give up, but no way I am renewing [either] under this regime.

Many have said that supporters will protest with their feet.

Well they certainly seem to be doing that as the last 3 PL games have seen a decline in attendance of 22%:

Stoke last season 25,440, this season 20,615 -19%

Fulham last season 23,729 this season 18,003 -24%

Newcastle last season 26,787 this season 20,817 -22%

Total last 3 games last season 75,956 this season 59,435 -22%

Truly frightening and a likely foretaste of what's to come.

Soaring costs, falling income (shirt sponsorship, corporate lets, season tickets / walk ons, other commercial) - not difficult to understand where we find the club financially.

These figures are probably even lower as I know Rovers count all season ticket holders as attending even if they dont physically come through the turnstyle.

These figures are probably even lower as I know Rovers count all season ticket holders as attending even if they don’t physically come through the turnstyle.

Under the previuos regime they only counted people through the turnstiles on the day and i think those in the boxes, that was mentioned by Mr Williams himself. God knows what this lot now do :blink:

These figures are probably even lower as I know Rovers count all season ticket holders as attending even if they don’t physically come through the turnstyle.

How on earth can that be an attendance? The clue is in the name, whatever the fairy stories you have heard ;)

How on earth can that be an attendance? The clue is in the name, whatever the fairy stories you have heard ;)

Arsenal have 60000 reported as the attendance every week, even when there are numerous amounts of empty seats- ergo they must count non attending ST holders.

After 45 years of enjoying watching my team they can stuff it.

I wasted £720 on two Jack Walker Upper ST's this season and £250 on a B Burn End parking pass....as I have done for years. This would just about pay for that toe rag Samba to go shopping in the Trafford Centre for 25 minutes when he feigns a gippy tummy.

Never again will I spend any money on Rovers whilst these chicken sh!ts are in charge.

I do not know of a single ST holder who will renew, or set foot in Ewood again until these morons and Coco go. Venkys have fooked us up well and truly, why should I waste a cent on these "people".

After 45 years of enjoying watching my team they can stuff it.

I don't agree with this. I was supporting Rovers for 50+ years before Venky's arrived and in the years I have left I will be supporting Rovers after they have gone. I admit I did not attend for a few matches in disgust after Kean's "forfeit" comments at Cardiff but the love of the club is too strong and I could not stay away. Venky's have destroyed the club we knew but it will need us now more than ever in the coming months and years. At the end of the day I support Rovers, not these bloody awful owners or another here-today gone-tomorrow manager.

10 years consecutive as a season ticket holder until last summer... I had no intention of renewing.

I have also not spent a penny on merchandise since august. (which is frustrating as my 6 month old son has to make do with Liverpool stuff off his mother )

Just speaking for me and the friends with whom I've sat for years on the Blackburn End, the issue of alleged corruption is a big one. No-one can deny that the whiff of corruption caused by rumours that began to circulate a few months ago then multiplied and became a lingering stench. That stench lingered because none of the Raos/Desais seemed to care how they were being perceived and have refuted nothing. Half of the stories seemed pretty outlandish and would have been easily put to bed, had there been a half decent working relationship bewtween 'the family' and BRFC's P.A. dept. However, the fact that no-one can even be bothered to refute some very serious allegations that were abound in the pubs and on twitter hurt your average fan deeply - Blackburnians (IMO) by nature are proud people. The feeling that the owners of the thing that you have cared about passionately for years so obviously could not give a stuff about you grates to say the least. Ergo the gates drop.

Just speaking for me and the friends with whom I've sat for years on the Blackburn End, the issue of alleged corruption is a big one. No-one can deny that the whiff of corruption caused by rumours that began to circulate a few months ago then multiplied and became a lingering stench. That stench lingered because none of the Raos/Desais seemed to care how they were being perceived and have refuted nothing. Half of the stories seemed pretty outlandish and would have been easily put to bed, had there been a half decent working relationship bewtween 'the family' and BRFC's P.A. dept. However, the fact that no-one can even be bothered to refute some very serious allegations that were abound in the pubs and on twitter hurt your average fan deeply - Blackburnians (IMO) by nature are proud people. The feeling that the owners of the thing that you have cared about passionately for years so obviously could not give a stuff about you grates to say the least. Ergo the gates drop.

That's the perfect post for me and if you don't mind i will quote it to the many non rovers fans who i come across. The one's who are perplexed as to why we hate the manager, owners etc. But back on topic, it is all of the above which grates a few i know and keeps them away.

10 years consecutive as a season ticket holder until last summer... I had no intention of renewing.

I have also not spent a penny on merchandise since august. (which is frustrating as my 6 month old son has to make do with Liverpool stuff off his mother )

Don't let the little blighter turn into a red. get youself on eBay and grab some from there. Stops little blighter becoming a red and no money goes to the chicken overlords.

Our support is sliding from a corporate perspective as well. From my seat in the Blackburn End at the Newcastle game I counted at least 10 empty spaces where advertising hoardings used to be, most noticably on the front edge of the Riverside roof. It's a couple of seasons or so since I've been in one of the restaurants but I would hazard a guess that revenues there have fallen significantly. Still, those silent, invisible Indians know best, I suppose.

Archived