BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers' support sliding

Mercer

I don't agree with this. I was supporting Rovers for 50+ years before Venky's arrived and in the years I have left I will be supporting Rovers after they have gone. I admit I did not attend for a few matches in disgust after Kean's "forfeit" comments at Cardiff but the love of the club is too strong and I could not stay away. Venky's have destroyed the club we knew but it will need us now more than ever in the coming months and years. At the end of the day I support Rovers, not these bloody awful owners or another here-today gone-tomorrow manager.

Not buying a season ticket doesn't mean supporting the team or even the club less. It just means refusing to put any money into the hands of the owners that I don't have to. I will probably still find my way down to Ewood for games I fancy seeing but I will not put my money upfront as i usually do. I will pay for matches i decide i want to go to, and not pay for the ones I have to miss. It may cost me more in the long run, depending on how many matches i decide to attend. However, paying for my season ticket upfront would seem to me to endorse their ownership and i have no intention of doing that.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly dread to think what the gates will be next season.

I am hearing off countless people who have absolutely lived for BRFC for decades saying 'that's me done'.

These arent the fair weather type that vanish after a bad run, these are folk that have travelled home, away and abroad, that plan their holidays, weddings etc around Rovers matches, that treat the club like a member of the family.

Bloody tragic.

I honestly dread to think what the gates will be next season.

I am hearing off countless people who have absolutely lived for BRFC for decades saying 'that's me done'.

These arent the fair weather type that vanish after a bad run, these are folk that have travelled home, away and abroad, that plan their holidays, weddings etc around Rovers matches, that treat the club like a member of the family.

Bloody tragic.

You can add me and Baz to the list of highly doubtfuls Matty. 80 years of supporting rovers between us.

Me and the wife cancelled at the end of last season, I just couldn't stand the BS spouted by Kean on a regular basis, despite the fact that we were constantly woeful. I despise liars and couldn't financially support a side whose manager couldn't lie straight in bed. I won't return until this whole crowd Venkys, Kean and Anderson vanish into the mist, and I hope the pot of gold they have amassed chokes them all.

According to your official site, average attendance so far this year is 10.7% down on last seasons average - of course that average was for a full season so maybe you've some bumper crowds to come if teams like City, United, Newcastle etc with a large away following are yet to come to town.

For the record our attendance is a respectable 14,300 average

Got a season ticket with my dad in the Blackburn end, ive stopped going since the bolton game and i wont be renewing until venkys and kean have gone.

Shame really because it gives me and my dad time together, rovers mean the world to me but i refuse to go anymore.

Me and the wife cancelled at the end of last season, I just couldn't stand the BS spouted by Kean on a regular basis, despite the fact that we were constantly woeful. I despise liars and couldn't financially support a side whose manager couldn't lie straight in bed.

Ditto. When they stop lying (and humiliating us with stupid statements about top 4 for 5m and signing ludicrously faded ex superstars) then I might buy a ticket.

Many have said that supporters will protest with their feet.

Well they certainly seem to be doing that as the last 3 PL games have seen a decline in attendance of 22%:

Stoke last season 25,440, this season 20,615 -19%

Fulham last season 23,729 this season 18,003 -24%

Newcastle last season 26,787 this season 20,817 -22%

Total last 3 games last season 75,956 this season 59,435 -22%

Truly frightening and a likely foretaste of what's to come.

Soaring costs, falling income (shirt sponsorship, corporate lets, season tickets / walk ons, other commercial) - not difficult to understand where we find the club financially.

Hope that (Karen) Ms Silk is aware of this. She should be!! Then again she will be like a merchant banker, got the financies under control but alass no business to continue. No worries there as she will come up smelling of roses, just like merchant bankers.

I won't be renewing my season ticket next year whilst these clowns are running the show. First game in 1966, this is my 46th season. Apart from three years playing in the Darwen League, I've had a season ticket since around 1973.

I've experimented this season by not attending the League Cup games and didn't miss it at all. I'll no doubt still attend next year but I'll pick and choose my games instead of going down to Ewood out of blind loyalty.

To be honest, I've become more and more disillusioned with football in recent years. Players intent on cheating at all costs, an influx of foreign players stifling local talent, players earning more in one day than I could ever hope to save up after a life times employment. And so on. Then you have the likes of John Terry, captain of England who, had he not been a professional footballer, surely would have spent a good deal of time 'inside.' For John Terry say Rio Ferdinand, for Rio Ferdinand say Steven Gerrard, for Steven Gerrard say Joey Barton, the list is endless. Mindless numpties.

I was walking back to my car after the Newcastle game the other night surrounded by countless bar coded, chanting neanderthals and I thought wtf am I doing here. So next season, for the most part, I won't be. I've plenty of other interests other than football and I'm going to enjoy them.

To be honest, I've become more and more disillusioned with football in recent years. Players intent on cheating at all costs, an influx of foreign players stifling local talent, players earning more in one day than I could ever hope to save up after a life times employment. And so on. Then you have the likes of John Terry, captain of England who, had he not been a professional footballer, surely would have spent a good deal of time 'inside.' For John Terry say Rio Ferdinand, for Rio Ferdinand say Steven Gerrard, for Steven Gerrard say Joey Barton, the list is endless. Mindless numpties.

x 1000.

The Ewoood atmosphere is nearly non-existent on a matchday now...total shyte.It was better back in the old second Div with about 8,000 on!.The Premierleague is nothing more than a Pantomime now.

For the record our attendance is a respectable 14,300 average

But still some 6,000 down on last season I do believe.

I won't be renewing my season ticket next year whilst these clowns are running the show. First game in 1966, this is my 46th season. Apart from three years playing in the Darwen League, I've had a season ticket since around 1973.

I've experimented this season by not attending the League Cup games and didn't miss it at all. I'll no doubt still attend next year but I'll pick and choose my games instead of going down to Ewood out of blind loyalty.

I was walking back to my car after the Newcastle game the other night surrounded by countless bar coded, chanting neanderthals and I thought wtf am I doing here. So next season, for the most part, I won't be. I've plenty of other interests other than football and I'm going to enjoy them.

CLB: I totally agree, I started in 1967 and had ST's since 1974.

Rovers are fooked, our fans have been screwed, and football is a game for cheats and robbing barstewards.

Give me Rugby League any day.

• Moderation Lead

Totally agree with and understand all these sentiments.

The premier league in recent years is all about the money and teams outside the top 4 are making up the numbers.

Daft wages and cheats have ruined the world's best sport.

Just hope there are going to be many more thousands of Rovers fans out there who will start boycotting the Rovers until either this shower leaves or the team prove themselves on the pitch which I highly doubt.

The time has come to show Barclays bank that these clowns have lost their customers and that the business the bank is supporting is next to worthless.

1328645957[/url]' post='1223262']

x 1000.

The Ewoood atmosphere is nearly non-existent on a matchday now...total shyte.It was better back in the old second Div with about 8,000 on!.The Premierleague is nothing more than a Pantomime now.

But still some 6,000 down on last season I do believe.

Nope, last seasons average was 14930, you must be thinking of the prem season

CLB: I totally agree, I started in 1967 and had ST's since 1974.

Rovers are fooked, our fans have been screwed, and football is a game for cheats and robbing barstewards.

Give me Rugby League any day.

Believe me my friend, there are many cheats and chancers in the RL world. I have good knowledge of this. Its just that no bugger watches it so the press don't give a toss.

I agree entirely , I started in 69 season ticket since 1980, boycotted a few games this season and the laeague cup games . I won't be renewing next season either, if these clowns are in still in charge ...

Archived