BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 2011/12: The Final Countdown

Guest Wen Y Hu

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the moment it is almost an impossible task to gauge how we will fare, firstly we have been appallingly inconsistent of late, better than just being appalling I suppose, but nevertheless a concern. Secondly we have no depth in our squad, because the ones who are any good have been frozen out and the ones available are poor, so any injuries and we are in the poo. Whilst we have our own destiny in our hands I can't help feeling Coco will balls it up.

United will beat Wolves, Wolves are dreadful, as for Bolton I think Muamba will unite them and give them a common purpose.

I don't think you understand what destiny is. It isn't something to be controlled.

Once did a worksheet, here's excerpts of two years.

The club in parenthesis was the last club to stay up, 17th place.

2004-2005 (West Brom 34)

* Crystal Palace 33

* Norwich City 33

* Southampton 32

2010-2011 (Wolverhampton 40)

* Birmingham City 39

* Blackpool 33

* West Ham 33

2011-2012

* ??

Really? Last year was a 40 point threshold?

But we will probably see 34 points to keep a club up at the rate these clubs are going.

The average was 36. something to stay up since the 20 club format came in.

I think 04-05 had the lowest number of points for a club to stay up at 34 points.

So, I see 34, maybe even 33 points to keep up a club this year.

Down on GD on 38 points...

Think you have got this one sadly wrong.

Incredible but I think as little as 32 points might be enough.

Wolves are a shambles and both Wigan and QPR are having no luck at all - hallmark of teams destined for the drop.

We will be safe, put your house on it.

Think you have got this one sadly wrong.

Incredible but I think as little as 32 points might be enough.

Wolves are a shambles and both Wigan and QPR are having no luck at all - hallmark of teams destined for the drop.

We will be safe, put your house on it.

Mercerman, for once me and you agree. I am in Shock :lol:

QPR run in:

Liverpool H w 25

Sunderland A d 26

Arsenal H l 26

Man U A l 26

Swansea H w 29

West Brom A w 32

Spurs H l 32

Chelsea A l 32

Stoke H w 35

Man C A w 38 (City will have long lost the title by the last day and Sparky going back to Eastlands...)

Bolton run in:

Rovers H d 24

Wolves A w 27

Fulham H w 30

Newcastle A l 30

Swansea H d 31

Sunderland A d 32

West Brom H w 35

Stoke A d 36

Plus games to be re-arranged:

Villa H w 39

Spurs A l 39

Given the way clubs at the bottom fight to save themselves at the death, I don't think either of those scenarios are that far fetched.

QPR run in:

Liverpool H w 25

Sunderland A d 26

Arsenal H l 26

Man U A l 26

Swansea H w 29

West Brom A w 32

Spurs H l 32

Chelsea A l 32

Stoke H w 35

Man C A w 38 (City will have long lost the title by the last day and Sparky going back to Eastlands...)

you are chatting crap Philipl1!

Since Hughes took charge of QPR, he has won 1 game in 8!!! Then he is going to win 4 out next 10. Swansea and West Brom are in good form!!! QPR won't ever get 30 points!!!

Sparky is not that bad a manager.

All I am doing is pointing out that it doesn't need loads of Man U 2 Rovers 3 type results achieved by QPR and Bolton to lift the survival requirement for Rovers into nose bleed territory. Wolves and Wigan's inadequacies are irrelevant in this scenario- it is avoiding 18th which concerns me.

I see the Sunderland game as mind numbingly important for us tomorrow night for just this reason.

Whilst philipl is giving a "pessimistic" scenario, it only takes back to back wins for anyone at the bottom to really turn the bottom on its head. If we have taken 7 points from last 5-6 games, after a horrendous run a while ago, I dont see why its not "possible" for the others to do the same. Bolton and Wigan have already had "decent" runs. With that said I think 36 points will be enough but its subject to a lot of nerves.

For some (perhaps strange) reason, I think we will be quite comfortable soon.

Mainly because teams in and around us look so poor and form wise would take a massive change for them to string some results together - also, our own results, have picked up since end of last year.

• Backroom

Tonight's result will be a massive indication as to how the end of the season is going to pan out for us.

A win would put us in very good stead and I'd be confident at that point that we'd stay up, even with baldo in charge.

A loss will mean we're in for a very nervy end to the season, imo, and will keep us mired in with the rest.

A draw just maintains the status quo really and we'll then be looking to the Bolton result to give a better definition of how the end of the season will shape up.

you are chatting crap Philipl1!

Since Hughes took charge of QPR, he has won 1 game in 8!!! Then he is going to win 4 out next 10. Swansea and West Brom are in good form!!! QPR won't ever get 30 points!!!

To be fair, Hughes only won 1 in his first 10 with Rovers. He had a few draws, granted but still made a reasonably slow start.

Spraky is a decent manager, it would not surprise me in the slightest to see QPR get a few unexpected results.

They don't play Swansea or West Brom for another month, they might not be in good form when those games come round.

Archived