BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 2011/12: The Final Countdown

Guest Wen Y Hu

Too many on here who can give it but can't take it. As soon as they're called out on their beliefs, they start with the persecution complex. If you're not prepared to be held accountable for your opinion, don't bother posting it.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Friday DM article had David Whelan saying Martinez could be sacked.

Low and behold, Wigan wins, not to take away from that, but Liverpool have lost, well, most of their matches lately, 4 of last 5, maybe 5 of last 6, they may have been doing better when Suarez was out.....though I don't think that is the reason...

• Backroom

Too many on here who can give it but can't take it. As soon as they're called out on their beliefs, they start with the persecution complex. If you're not prepared to be held accountable for your opinion, don't bother posting it.

You know things are bad when people are referencing Braddock as some kind of counter-argument sage because he can actually write in full sentences and give the appearance of a vaguely coherent argument.

I notice he hasn't posted since yesterday. Well, not under the Braddock username anyhow.

You know things are bad when people are referencing Braddock as some kind of counter-argument sage because he can actually write in full sentences and give the appearance of a vaguely coherent argument.

I notice he hasn't posted since yesterday. Well, not under the Braddock username anyhow.

He'll be back when we beat Utd

Not to poke at DGS or EIT, but the uniformity of anti-Kean thought on this board is likely the result of many posters being able to observe the same data and come to the generally same conclusion, in addition to a siege mentality due to the media's logic defying Kean love in.

Very true. You'd have to think that sometimes they might wonder why they are in such a minority. Because they are outstanding individuals who can see things better than the rest? :rolleyes:

Braddock will be back when he gets home from his holiday. Don't take him so seriously; he makes some good points, which some of those who disagree with automatically take as offensive. Trust me, he is Rovers to the core, and unlike some fans hasn't spat his dummy out because he doesn't like how the club is being run. No true fan would be missing games on purpose, they would be getting behind the team when it needs them most.

. . . he is Rovers to the core, and unlike some fans hasn't spat his dummy out because he doesn't like how the club is being run. No true fan would be missing games on purpose, they would be getting behind the team when it needs them most.

I think everyone is willing to get behind the team. What sticks in many craws, is the constant Rovers PR and allegedly outside media calls to get behind "Kean and the team". Kean is complicit in the club's woes on multiple levels. Who in their right mind is going to get behind Kean?

Braddock will be back when he gets home from his holiday. Don't take him so seriously; he makes some good points, which some of those who disagree with automatically take as offensive. Trust me, he is Rovers to the core, and unlike some fans hasn't spat his dummy out because he doesn't like how the club is being run. No true fan would be missing games on purpose, they would be getting behind the team when it needs them most.

Not for the first time I read one of your posts and think that you ARE Braddock.

Nice angle on the "true fan" comment though - exactly the kind of wind-up statement he/she would make. Didn't Braddock miss the last two games? Good call though, I'm sure that'll get everyone back on his/her wavelength..

Good timing for a holiday. When is he/she due back? After our next win?

we now desperately need to beat Wigan & Norwich at home and hope we can secure a point against West Brom for us having any chance of staying up

Agree but it won’t be easy against Norwich and particularly Wigan. Rovers should also really target the Liverpool home game, they play us just days before their FA Cup semi-final (possibly against Everton) and if we can produce a fully committed performance then we could beat them.

After the weekend results, I think that the relegation issue will be decided by fine margins. I am going with 35 points and we will be relying on goal difference to stay up, 36 points will keep us up outright.

we now desperately need to beat Wigan & Norwich at home and hope we can secure a point against West Brom for us having any chance of staying up

I wouldn't just pin our hopes on those games. We are going to be playing teams at the right time.

West Brom are poor at home and are safe now so we should be more up for it than them. Swansea have been on a good little run recently which came to an end on Saturday. My feeling is they will now cruise until the end of the season so can see us taking points of them. Liverpool will probably rest a few players before the FA cup semi so good time to play them. Norwich are safe so good time to play them. Wigan are poor but plucky. Forget about points against Man utd, Chelsea and Spurs.

As I've said many times in the last few weeks, this time of the season is all about mentality. That's why you see quite a lot of shock results. Bolton wanted it more on Saturday, that's why I thought they would win and I was proved correct.

I wouldn't just pin our hopes on those games. We are going to be playing teams at the right time.

West Brom are poor at home and are safe now so we should be more up for it than them. Swansea have been on a good little run recently which came to an end on Saturday. My feeling is they will now cruise until the end of the season so can see us taking points of them. Liverpool will probably rest a few players before the FA cup semi so good time to play them. Norwich are safe so good time to play them. Wigan are poor but plucky. Forget about points against Man utd, Chelsea and Spurs.

As I've said many times in the last few weeks, this time of the season is all about mentality. That's why you see quite a lot of shock results. Bolton wanted it more on Saturday, that's why I thought they would win and I was proved correct.

We actually do have a fair record against Manu at Ewood. We always seem to make it difficult for them (till the 12th man gets in on the action!)

We actually do have a fair record against Manu at Ewood. We always seem to make it difficult for them (till the 12th man gets in on the action!)

Yeah, true. We beat them at Old Trafford so you never know. However, I wouldn't class it as a game I'd expect us to get something from. Same with Spurs and Chelsea. In the other 5 games, I'd say we had a good chance of getting points from.

Not to poke at DGS or EIT, but the uniformity of anti-Kean thought on this board is likely the result of many posters being able to observe the same data and come to the generally same conclusion, in addition to a siege mentality due to the media's logic defying Kean love in.

I agree with the anti-Kean thought as does DGS I believe and everyone else, I just don't feel the need to repeat it 10 times a day every day.

I agree with the anti-Kean thought as does DGS I believe and everyone else, I just don't feel the need to repeat it 10 times a day every day.

But you think Braddock is OK to repeat the contrary view scores of times a day? DGS does.

But you think Braddock is OK to repeat the contrary view scores of times a day? DGS does.

Anyone can post what they like but any change from the endless diet of Kean is useless, Venky's are awful or Kean and Venky's are useless and awful is fine by me.

I come on here to be engaged or amused, not to sit in on a group therapy session that clearly doesn't work.

By his own admission, Braddock won't post because of the odious negativity that infects this place after a defeat. It's actually supposed to be sunshine, lollipops and rainbows after witnessing after Steve Kean masterclass, you see.

• Backroom

In the other 5 games, I'd say we had a good chance of getting points from.

With Kean in charge I don't think we can ever say we have a 'good chance' at getting points :P they're certainly the most realistic matches to glean points from though. I would imagine we've used all of our luck up against big teams during the Arsenal/Man Utd/Liverpool matches from earlier in the season.

Archived