BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 2011/12: The Final Countdown

Guest Wen Y Hu

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After today's debacle I believe we may well need eight points from the remaining eight games to be sure of safety. A point a game sounds reasonable until you remember that we have trips to WBA, Tottenham, Swansea and Chelsea while the unpredictable Liverpool and the very predictable United have still to visit Ewood. Personally, I can't see more than a couple of points being gained from those, three would be an absolute bonus. All of which means that wins are needed against Norwich and Wigan if we are to have a chance of beating the drop. Survival is still possible but it became so much harder after today's defeat and as was illustrated today the Rovers and pressure are not a happy mix.

Bolton will suffer the effect of Muamba shortly, wolves will pick up points at some point and I feel it will be next week.

I agree with you about Wolves. They are due a win and I expect Connors first win to be next week. Wigan have got a winnable game next week but it's the sort of game they seem to struggle in. And it's a big ask for them to win two in a row.

Survival is still possible but it became so much harder after today's defeat and as was illustrated today the Rovers and pressure are not a happy mix.

Frightening isn't it.Couple that with a manager who's little tactical know how totally evaporates when the pressure is on......8 REAL pressure games on the way thick 'n' fast folks.

After today's debacle I believe we may well need eight points from the remaining eight games to be sure of safety. A point a game sounds reasonable until you remember that we have trips to WBA, Tottenham, Swansea and Chelsea while the unpredictable Liverpool and the very predictable United have still to visit Ewood. Personally, I can't see more than a couple of points being gained from those, three would be an absolute bonus. All of which means that wins are needed against Norwich and Wigan if we are to have a chance of beating the drop. Survival is still possible but it became so much harder after today's defeat and as was illustrated today the Rovers and pressure are not a happy mix.

That's a good analysis. Very difficult to see us surviving quite honestly. How things can change in a week!

At least the Braddockboard is down. :wacko:

I didn't get to see the game due to being at friend's overnight so I was reduced to checking updates on my phone. Doesn't sound as though we played particularly well.

Parsonblue paints a grim picture and it's hard to argue with that cold analysis. As Greavsie said "It's a funny old game", post Sunderland I was really confident that we'd survive but a poor show at Bolton and other results have conspired against us. (I wonder what the odds on Dalglish being at Anfield next season are btw)

Sadly, this site becomes quite difficult to visit when we have been beaten. Braddock can speak for himself but the amount of gloating on here is sickening. Almost joyful.

Pathetic.

As always there has been a gloomy over-reaction on here to today's defeat just as there was too much optimism after the Sunderland and Wolves victories.

Radio 5 Live made the point before today's match that Rovers achieved those victories against a Wolves side in freefall and a Sunderland team that served up on its manager's admission its worst performance of the season and that we might find it much harder against a motivated Bolton.

I'm not banking on us beating Wigan and I would be surprised if we gained a point from the likes of United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Swansea so the matches against safe mid-table Norwich and WBA are looking absolutely crucial.

I didn't get to see the game due to being at friend's overnight so I was reduced to checking updates on my phone. Doesn't sound as though we played particularly well.

Parsonblue paints a grim picture and it's hard to argue with that cold analysis. As Greavsie said "It's a funny old game", post Sunderland I was really confident that we'd survive but a poor show at Bolton and other results have conspired against us. (I wonder what the odds on Dalglish being at Anfield next season are btw)

Sadly, this site becomes quite difficult to visit when we have been beaten. Braddock can speak for himself but the amount of gloating on here is sickening. Almost joyful.

Pathetic.

Pompous ass. Braddck was goading all week, up to 30+ posts a day! And he was encouraged by you-"keep posting Braddock".

We lose and , as per usual, he's gone AWOL. I've read about 5 posts having a gentle go at him and that's all but trust you to go over the top you big drama queen.

Further, none of these posts are directed at the team We are all gutted that, once again, hopeless defending has brought us back to the brink again.

If this site is too difficult for you to visit------don't bother. Most of us are less effete.

PS-------I couldn't resist peeking at your post to check if my guess at its content was correct. It was. You won't hear from me again.

Of the 5 teams in trouble, only Wolves are playing horribly badly at the moment.

The other 4 are showing signs of life.

And at this rate, by the last few weeks of the season, a club sitting at 33 points like Aston Villa could possibly be dragged into this.

Exciting yes it is.

Pompous ass. Braddck was goading all week, up to 30+ posts a day! And he was encouraged by you-"keep posting Braddock".

We lose and , as per usual, he's gone AWOL. I've read about 5 posts having a gentle go at him and that's all but trust you to go over the top you big drama queen.

Further, none of these posts are directed at the team We are all gutted that, once again, hopeless defending has brought us back to the brink again.

If this site is too difficult for you to visit------don't bother. Most of us are less effete.

PS-------I couldn't resist peeking at your post to check if my guess at its content was correct. It was. You won't hear from me again.

I wish I had a tenner for every time you put me on ignore and then replied to my unquoted posts.

You remind of the way I was with a girl I liked as a teenager.

Stay away from my posts wierdo.

Sorry but you are wrong, some days it was in the 70s and 80s. And all because we won a couple.

There's no glee in losing, DGS, believe me. But the sickening defence of Kean and idolising of the Raos after TWO WINS - our first back to back under Kean was just that - sickening.

There are many posters whose opinion I don't agree with - can you guess how many I have on ignore?

Survival is still possible but it became so much harder after today's defeat and as was illustrated today the Rovers and pressure are not a happy mix.

That is because the experianced prem players have been sold or given away and replaced by sub standard ones....

Sorry but you are wrong, some days it was in the 70s and 80s. And all because we won a couple.

There's no glee in losing, DGS, believe me. But the sickening defence of Kean and idolising of the Raos after TWO WINS - our first back to back under Kean was just that - sickening.

There are many posters whose opinion I don't agree with - can you guess how many I have on ignore?

I dont want to take this off topic and Braddock can look after himself. However, this forum has become very samey and intolerant. Braddock enjoys the wind up but also backs his posts by explaining himself which is more than can be said for some. If you have him on ignore then you are missing out on a bit of banter and a debate.

Without EIT, Imy, Otto man, Roversmum, myself and yes, Braddock there really would be no point coming on here. It would be all mutual congratulations based on who can fit the most 'Baldilocks, Coco and Donut' into each post. Still, some seem to take consolation from a sickening defeat because Braddock will have his head down now. Bully for them.

But you, EiT and imy want Kean and Venky's out, do you not?

An many of those that you have lumped together as a group of intolerants can debate without resorting to insults of the poster or 'coco'.

I do yes. But I am pragmatic enough to understand the reality we currently exist in. I think that Kean does not have the necessary experience for his main role never mind the multi tasking he is expected to perform. Given that he's going nowhere I reckon constant abuse and moaning does him and ultimately, the club no good whatsoever. That's just my point of view, I'm happy to debate it and I'm open to having my opinion changed.

If I've lumped those who disagree with me together as intolerants then that wasn't my intention. There are though, way too many who are intolerant and post the same stuff ad infinitum.

Braddock enjoys the wind up but also backs his posts by explaining himself which is more than can be said for some. If you have him on ignore then you are missing out on a bit of banter and a debate.

I'm missing nothing. I know this because plenty if people continue to quote him/her.

Without EIT, Imy, Otto man, Roversmum, myself and yes, Braddock there really would be no point coming on here. It would be all mutual congratulations based on who can fit the most 'Baldilocks, Coco and Donut' into each post. Still, some seem to take consolation from a sickening defeat because Braddock will have his head down now. Bully for them.

So this place is bearable because there are people who agree with you? Odd logic.

Don't want to fall out with you DGS but putting those people in the same bracket as a WUM does them a disservice.

The reason things have gone the way they have on this MB is because of the impossible situation we find ourselves in. Something should have happened to change the situation months ago and it hasn't. It's virtually unprecedented. Like some kind of twisted sociological experiment but with our club at the heart of it.

But because nothing has changed, we are forced to regurgitate the same frustrations game after game. People didn't hate Ince as much as this guy yet the only 'positive' is if we manage to string enough points together to have the same thing all over again this season.

Then we have to listen to some posters throwing this 'positive' down our necks up to 80 times a day. A DAY!!

Unless the absentee owners can keep us up AND find a new owner - who actually wants to own BRFC for the sake of owning BRFC - we can look forward to a bleak divided club - much like our bleak divided town.

Until then there will be very little to fundamentally debate apart from the same "Support the club" vs "I'll never back Kean/Venkys". We all want the same thing but we just have a different perspective on what to do about it. Well that applies to 99% of us.

I do yes. But I am pragmatic enough to understand the reality we currently exist in. I think that Kean does not have the necessary experience for his main role never mind the multi tasking he is expected to perform. Given that he's going nowhere I reckon constant abuse and moaning does him and ultimately, the club no good whatsoever. That's just my point of view, I'm happy to debate it and I'm open to having my opinion changed.

If I've lumped those who disagree with me together as intolerants then that wasn't my intention. There are though, way too many who are intolerant and post the same stuff ad infinitum.

This website isn't really that representative, so I don't think your belief that 'moaning does the club no good whatsover' applies.

It's not representative because at the games there seems to be a new consensus to just try and get behind the side till May, stay up and see where we are, the constant Kean bashing has largely been put to one side, because folk realise he is part of the furniture.

This website isn't really that representative, so I don't think your belief that 'moaning does the club no good whatsover' applies.

It's not representative because at the games there seems to be a new consensus to just try and get behind the side till May, stay up and see where we are, the constant Kean bashing has largely been put to one side, because folk realise he is part of the furniture.

I found that on a recent visit home which is encouraging. If we are still a Premiership club come the end of May we might actually be an attractive proposition for responsible potential owners who might give Desai her wish and make another bid. When you are a long way from Ewood however, this forum is often all you have to go on and you assume it is representative. When I see the constant, repetitive Kean bashing I wonder how the bloody hell this is helping.

I'm missing nothing. I know this because plenty if people continue to quote him/her.

So this place is bearable because there are people who agree with you? Odd logic.

Don't want to fall out with you DGS but putting those people in the same bracket as a WUM does them a disservice.

The reason things have gone the way they have on this MB is because of the impossible situation we find ourselves in. Something should have happened to change the situation months ago and it hasn't. It's virtually unprecedented. Like some kind of twisted sociological experiment but with our club at the heart of it.

But because nothing has changed, we are forced to regurgitate the same frustrations game after game. People didn't hate Ince as much as this guy yet the only 'positive' is if we manage to string enough points together to have the same thing all over again this season.

Then we have to listen to some posters throwing this 'positive' down our necks up to 80 times a day. A DAY!!

Unless the absentee owners can keep us up AND find a new owner - who actually wants to own BRFC for the sake of owning BRFC - we can look forward to a bleak divided club - much like our bleak divided town.

Until then there will be very little to fundamentally debate apart from the same "Support the club" vs "I'll never back Kean/Venkys". We all want the same thing but we just have a different perspective on what to do about it. Well that applies to 99% of us.

You've summed up my views pretty much exactly. How is it fun and banter to deliberately wind up your fellow fans over a really dire situation for the club-----unprecedented in my lifetime? And disappear when a bad result comes along? Puerile imo.

Good post Matey. There's a lot of sense there.

But because nothing has changed, we are forced to regurgitate the same frustrations game after game.

No you aren't actually. But if you choose to keep repeating yourself you can hardly blame people like Braddock for getting bored and choosing to poke the ant nest with a stick.

Anyway, back to the slight matter of a life-or-death relegation struggle, it now seems the Norwich game I shall be travelling 3,500 miles to watch will be quite important.

I like the postings Imy, Braddock and co. post. IMO they deal with matters as they see them and look at the situation differently to a lot of the 'heresayers' who post on here. Without them, this site would be like groundhog day, and. IMO tedious!

These posters have to post that often due to the amount of postings they have to answer, if they didn't answer them, most of you would be claiming some sort of victory!

What would life be like if everyone had the same opinion.

If their argument doesn't hold water, then argue the point, don't resort to name calling, as, IMO you've lost the argument when you do.

Anyway, back to topic, I still believe we can avoid relegation, QPR's tough run in sends them down, Wolves are very poor, and I still feel Wigan will fill the 3rd place, but, I haven't ruled out Villa yet, their run in is very difficult.

Archived