BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 2011/12: The Final Countdown

Guest Wen Y Hu

But QPR did lose one of their easier games

You just never know but right now I have us as going down

Indeed they did Tom, but my point is being blase and writing teams off because of their fixtures is a dangerous game at this stage of the season.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact is as always it doesn't really matter what other sides do, its all about picking up points as and where we can from now in. Performances don't matter, I'd take the luck of refereeing decisionsbolton have had vs us QPR and today a dive against Wolves over a good losing performance. If anything Wolves are now on the brink, so it's 2 from 4 to go with them.

oh.. well.. that's fine then! :angry::brfc:

Might get a S. T. for Fleetwood next season. An honest club with an honest set of lads. I have a soft spot for Fleetwood for personal reasons.

Rovers, Wigan and wolves for me

Me too. I have always felt QPR had enough about them to pick up points where and when others wouldn't. Bolton seem to have gained strength from the Muamba tragedy (and i can't say i begrudge them that). Despite Yakubu having goals in him, i just think our downfall will be self inflicted mistakes at the back. You can see how fragile confidence is back there. The most worrying aspect of all for me is the lack of leadership we have got in our side.

There's no chance Villa will go down, it's between 4 teams to stay up - two will go down with Wolves. It's now very much 50/50 we survive. Things should never have got to this for Rovers but the way things have panned out with our new owners what more can we expect other than relegation? It will be a miracle if we do stay up, i've said that all season. When decisions are made by our owners that are covered up by your own management, decisions that are detrimental to the team, things are only ever going to go wrong.

The experience Steve Kean say's we now need to help the youngsters was already in place. Roberts, Emerton, Salgado, Nelsen, Samba, Givet (On his way out imo). Sadly experienced players come at a cost and with standards that Venky's & Steve Kean cannot match.

Rovers, Wigan and Wolves for me too. Bolton will stay up easily now, they have a few winnable games and the refs are falling over themselves to give them points. So it's down to us or QPR and they'll have the bottle whilst we won't. It's seemingly Dann and Hanley for the run in and that coupled with the inexperience throughout the team will cost us.

I'd say Bolton can very much give a big thank you to the officials lately. 1 down to QPR, not over the line was the decision ... Wrong! 0-0 vs us and Hoilett was denied a pen ... Wrong! 1-0 down today and given a penalty ... Wrong! "rub of the green" is very much smiling on them at the moment.

15th villa - poor manager saved bt a not so poor team

16th Bolton - lucky media darling manager saved by luck alone

17th Wigan - decent manager/decent guy doing good with poor players

18th rovers - no manager for 16 months

19th QPR - managerial nightmares

20th Wolves - championship standard manager and now a joke manager

chairmen and owners reap what they sow.

It's not over until the fat lady sings but after today's results, she might just be starting to exercise those vocal chords.

Clearly, we are now deeply back in the mire and I think the paper covering the cracks will very soon be ripped apart.

People keep saying about hard games that Wigan & QPR have left, well, they are winning some of them and have a bit of momentum.

As for Rovers, I said at the time, that two back to back wins against Wolves & Sunderland were a tad fortuitous. Wolves are clearly more shambolic than Rovers and we played Sunderland just at the right time after their cup tie at Everton (look what they did to City today).

Just look at our remaining fixtures. It's difficult to see how we will scrape together enough points especially given the rumours circulating about team issues.

Feels like it's going to be an uncomfortable few weeks and the only thing that gives me hope is that Kean said there was no chance we'd go down. :rolleyes:

i knew those two wins against wolves and sunderland were a false dawn, i said so at the time, now we are back in the ###### and after the right-off on monday, we have 7 games left, i think only 3 at home, we fail to beat wigan and norwich on our own patch then we are doomed, we wont get anything at spurs, i think liverpool will beat us, chelsea certainly will and we have no chance at swansea and we will get nothing at west brom, so the two 'winnable' games are a must 3 points!!!

Bloody hell.... results could not have been worse could they ?

This looks like going to the last day again and my worst fears realised with us needing a draw or a win at Champions League-chasing Chelsea. :o

Disappointing day, no doubt about it. But still doesn't change much. If we get 7 points from our remaining games, we stay up. If we don't, we go down. That was the equation before today's games and remains the equation after today's games.

Expected wigan to win today but their next 3 games are horrendous. Still don't think they'll do it.

Bolton will probably stay up now. Decent fixtures and won last 3.

Wolves are gone. Forget them.

QPR have had a couple of shock results lately which has given them a chance. They have 4 tough games and 3 winnable ones. So they have 9 points left realistically. Just as they've pulled off shock wins I wouldn't be surprised if they had some shock losses. Stoke, West Brom and Swansea are no pushovers.

We have 3 tough games and five winnable. I'm convinced we'll beat west brom next week which will take us 3 above the bottom 3 with 4 winnable games left.

Disappointing day, no doubt about it. But still doesn't change much. If we get 7 points from our remaining games, we stay up. If we don't, we go down. That was the equation before today's games and remains the equation after today's games.

Expected wigan to win today but their next 3 games are horrendous. Still don't think they'll do it.

Bolton will probably stay up now. Decent fixtures and won last 3.

Wolves are gone. Forget them.

QPR have had a couple of shock results lately which has given them a chance. They have 4 tough games and 3 winnable ones. So they have 9 points left realistically. Just as they've pulled off shock wins I wouldn't be surprised if they had some shock losses. Stoke, West Brom and Swansea are no pushovers.

We have 3 tough games and five winnable. I'm convinced we'll beat west brom next week which will take us 3 above the bottom 3 with 4 winnable games left.

+1

Archived