BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 2011/12: The Final Countdown

Guest Wen Y Hu

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, fooked by Venky's, Coco, the Rovers PR machine, the media, and many of our own blinkered fans who would not spot a tsunami if it were upon them.

I think , you are going to be right on all counts ...

I always think we got lucky with United last season , they could have won that game if they wanted to ..Birmingham lost at home to Fulham the day after ,the rest is history ,we aren't going to be so lucky this season ...

Good to think only 10 days ago our most dignified leader who i'm led to believe we are fortunate to have said we could start to look at going up the table!

Anyone with eyes surely saw through what absolute gifts we were given by the state of wolves and the p!ss poor non-performance from sunderland, we are as assured of relegation as we were on christmas morning.

Good to think only 10 days ago our most dignified leader who i'm led to believe we are fortunate to have said we could start to look at going up the table!

Anyone with eyes surely saw through what absolute gifts we were given by the state of wolves and the p!ss poor non-performance from sunderland, we are as assured of relegation as we were on christmas morning.

And people were actually putting him forward for Manager of the Year. Oop, look at that. We're back in the relegation zone.

It's so demented.

• Backroom

I think we have to Be out of the bottom 3 after the Liverpool game to stand a chance personally, points needed in next 2

One thing is for sure the screw needs to be turned on the penny pinchers that are playing Russian roulette with the whole clubs future.

How dare they have the audacity to toy with our fate like this?

The paucity of talent on the bench (except Dunn is League 1 level) not sure who I would have brought on besides Dunn....

I am not making an excuse for Kean , just stating the obvious ..Kean signed these players who just aren't good enough...

Spurs have a good sub ...The name RYAN NELSEN ring any bells ??

One thing is for sure the screw needs to be turned on the penny pinchers that are playing Russian roulette with the whole clubs future.

How dare they have the audacity to toy with our fate like this?

Shut up, you have no right to complain, just send in your money for next seasons ST.:blink:

Well there's more clubs to look up at!

Also worried re the bench.Theres just nobody there to bring on who can make a difference apart from Dunn.

Manu can bring on Giggs and Welbeck! What have we got? :o

Tonight was never going to decide our destiny, I would say that we need to pick up 3 or 4 points from the WBA and Liverpool games. If we lose both games then that'll probably be it.

Honestly don't know where the misplaced optimism of some comes from.

We have no devine right to beat anybody.

Unfortunately, I believe we will lose both games. Most of our players are fecked after tonight and WBA will put 3 or 4 past a lethargic Rovers whilst Kenny's L'pool will rediscover their form, as many individuals and teams do against Rovers, just in time for their Everton semi.

• Backroom

Am I going loopy or did you recently tell people to put their houses on us staying up on a low points total?

Well there's more clubs to look up at!

Also worried re the bench.Theres just nobody there to bring on who can make a difference apart from Dunn.

Manu can bring on Giggs and Welbeck! What have we got? :o

Rochina and Vukcevic?

We have no devine right to beat anybody.

Unfortunately, I believe we will lose both games. Most of our players are fecked after tonight and WBA will put 3 or 4 past a lethargic Rovers whilst Kenny's L'pool will rediscover their form, as many individuals and teams do against Rovers, just in time for their Everton semi.

I wasn't been optimistic in my post if you care to read what I posted, all I was saying is that we need to try and get 3 or 4 points from those to games, if we lose both then we are doomed.

Anyhow talking of optimism, Didn't you bet your house recently that we wouldn't go down?

QPR run in:

Liverpool H w 25

Sunderland A d 26

Arsenal H l 26

Man U A l 26

Swansea H w 29

West Brom A w 32

Spurs H l 32

Chelsea A l 32

Stoke H w 35

Man C A w 38 (City will have long lost the title by the last day and Sparky going back to Eastlands...)

Bolton run in:

Rovers H d 24

Wolves A w 27

Fulham H w 30

Newcastle A l 30

Swansea H d 31

Sunderland A d 32

West Brom H w 35

Stoke A d 36

Plus games to be re-arranged:

Villa H w 39

Spurs A l 39

Given the way clubs at the bottom fight to save themselves at the death, I don't think either of those scenarios are that far fetched.

I got slaughtered when I suggested Rovers could go down on goal difference on 38 points.

There will be plenty of twists in this one before the season end but us losing at Chelsea and QPR winning at City on the last day is I hate to suggest looking a very realistic call.

Both QPR and Bolton are two points ahead of that schedule above so they could make it to 39 and 40 points respectively. Rovers are a point behind where I hoped we would be because of that non-performance and defeat at Bolton which is looking a bigger and bigger disaster as each day goes by.

What are Villa's remaining fixtures looking like?

I got slaughtered when I suggested Rovers could go down on goal difference on 38 points.

There will be plenty of twists in this one before the season end but us losing at Chelsea and QPR winning at City on the last day is I hate to suggest looking a very realistic call.

Both QPR and Bolton are two points ahead of that schedule above so they could make it to 39 and 40 points respectively. Rovers are a point behind where I hoped we would be because of that non-performance and defeat at Bolton which is looking a bigger and bigger disaster as each day goes by.

Villa have a tough run in but I think that they'll pick up points against Bolton and Sunderland at home which will be enough to stay up:

Liverpool (Away)

Stoke (Home)

Man Utd (Away)

Sunderland (Home)

Bolton (Home)

West Brom (Away)

Tottenham (Home)

Norwich (Away)

4 points from next two is a must. But anything under 3 points and we would be on the brink I think.

Between QPR and us in all likelihood but Im not ruling out Wigan getting 9 points from last 7. I think 37 points will lead to goal difference personally.

Of your first five predicted results for Bolton and QPR, you have got four of them wrong. Not a particular dig at you but more making the point that absolutely anything can, and probably will, happen between now and the end of the season, and we are not necessarily doomed if we don't pick up 4 points from our next two games. We could even lose at WBA on Saturday and still move out of the bottom three if Utd thump QPR. If we could accurately predict the outcomes of football matches we would all be very rich indeed.

Archived