BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 2011/12: The Final Countdown

Guest Wen Y Hu

Do our players deserve to be relegated? Afraid so. With a few notable exceptions, they haven't been playing for the team/manager/whatever all season. Proof - the league table. For a squad with more talent than that. Most will bugger off at the end of the season, unless they are crap in which case they will stay. A few can hold their head up high, but many can't.

Do our fans deserve to be relegated? Yes. This is simple as plenty always supported Kean and plenty were against him. Therefore, they were not united all season. Whichever way you might think we should behave, there were always many against that view. Divided we fall.

Not certain about players deserving relegation - I think they have been playing for the manager. The league table is more proof about our manager - we have the talent - which shows in the number of goals we have scored. Defense is partly talent - but largely organisation - which comes from good coaching and hours on the training ground.

Fans deserving relegation - I think you are just being confrontational with that remark. It is rare for football fans to agree about most things - because everything about the game is subjective and emotional. We may all argue our different points of view - but all have one common theme - we all want the best for Rovers. I also think to say plenty supported Kean is like listening to the great man himself - some were prepared to give him time at the start of the season - I think the Bolton home match showed that most wanted him out.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we are still in it by the time our last fixture arrives at Chelsea then I would think we have a real chance of picking-up at least one point.

Why - just look at Chelsea's fixtures and it's clear to me that Arsenal & Spurs are red hot favourites to seal their CL spots before the last match of the season. Not only that, Chelsea will have to play Liverpool in the league at Liverpool just 3 or 4 days before they play us if either Liverpool or Chelsea reach the FA Cup final.

So, come that last match, they will be knackered and, highly likely, disillusioned - battered by Barca in CL, no CL place next season and likely to have been beaten by Spurs in FA Cup semi.

We couldn't be playing them at a better time. Trouble is, probably only Coco could make a dog's breakast of it and my fear is that we will be relegated before we get to The Bridge.

So, come that last match, they will be knackered and, highly likely, to be disillusioned - battered by Barca in CL, no CL place next season and likely to have been beaten by Spurs in FA Cup semi.

Dream on.

I think we'll be down by then. Most likely sent down by Wigan at home.

• Backroom

To be fair there is no "easy run in" for any of the bottom 5 teams because we're all absolutely awful :lol: Wolves, Wigan, QPR, Bolton and Rovers all deserve to go down. Only three of us will, but whoever stays up will do so knowing without massive improvement next season they're certain to drop in 12 months time.

• Backroom

You've actually given me some hope there DE. 2 out of that shower will stay up - why not us?

We have the second worst manager of the lot (Wolves take that accolade) which is most likely to seal our fate. The fact the other teams have struggled with proper managers suggests our team overall is (or was) better than they are... but if our team continue to play as we did against WBA we'll go down for sure.

To be fair there is no "easy run in" for any of the bottom 5 teams because we're all absolutely awful :lol: Wolves, Wigan, QPR, Bolton and Rovers all deserve to go down. Only three of us will, but whoever stays up will do so knowing without massive improvement next season they're certain to drop in 12 months time.

Good description!

I don't think we will win another game this season

back in December I saw April 21st as the day we are effectively relegated after failing to beat Norwich and being 4 points adrift of safet with only 3 point realistically to play for.

I can't see anything changing from that prediction.

At least Kean will still be quids in though

I don't think we will win another game this season

back in December I saw April 21st as the day we are effectively relegated after failing to beat Norwich and being 4 points adrift of safet with only 3 point realistically to play for.

I can't see anything changing from that prediction.

At least Kean will still be quids in though

Agree.

I think we will go down with 31 points after draws at home to Norwich, Wigan and away to Chelsea (who will be knackered and disillusioned).

Whilst relegation is catastrophic the hope is now that the owners do what they want to do (asset strip) and then clear off.

I think people are getting too worked up about player sales though. Who would anyone want to keep beyond maybe Robbo, Martin Olsson, Givet (won't even play him), Hoilett and Yakubu? The rest would be easily replaceable with Championship players, that's how bad they all are.

Our season is panning out almost exactly the same as West Ham last year.

We've looked relegation candidates from the start, spent most of the season in the bottom three, briefly revived (albeit later than West Ham) only to sink back into the abyss in the final knockings.

The players looked mentally and physically spent tonight; I think basically they have given up.

I won't be listening on the wireless for the inevitable defeat at Swansea, it all hurts too much.

Whilst relegation is catastrophic the hope is now that the owners do what they want to do (asset strip) and then clear off.

Cant beat having something to look forward to in life Roverites,may Vishnu bless their Indian cotton socks!! :unsure:

Never mind folks,they cant strip our memories of better times.

• Backroom

The players looked mentally and physically spent tonight; I think basically they have given up.

We looked the same against WBA. No hope, no class, no passion, no will to win. We look like a team that has accepted our fate and accepted the fact we just aren't as good as at least 17 of the teams in the division.

This is awful; I'd just typed out a post to add to this thread and have just deleted it because it was only re-stating what we all know and wasn't adding to the debate.

The only thing I will repeat from what I've just deleted is what one of my mates said in the car on our way home after the game, namely "Venky's have killed the soul of the club."

We can rail all we like against them and the "manager" who can apparently do no wrong in their eyes; but unless there's someone out there who understands how professional football "works" in this country and is in a position to make them an financial offer they can't refuse for the club, then, practically speaking, we're stuck with them as they and our "manager" continue to take us in an ever-deepening spiral.

Dispiriting times. :angry:

Venky's are going to take us down. Make no mistake about that. That's why I'd prefer a swift death and take relegation now. For you can be sure that another season in the PL under these crooks will be even worse than this one - just let that sink in for a moment.

Whilst we remain a PL club there's no shortage of snouts in the trough. Everyone's on a winner from this business venture. Everyone but the fans that is. They are the ones who have had to endure record-breakingly atrocious football, a host of lies from the fork-tongued owners and their toadies, and a weekly smear campaign from all corners to denigrate the fans good reputation. Relegation will be cruel, and the people who helped build this club to greatness don't deserve it, but it's coming, folks. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but it's on its way. And it could very well be a blessing in disguise. Venky's aren't going to hold on to a Championship club. There's nothing in it for them or their parasites, as they'll soon find out. Once they've washed their hands of us, we can deal with the fallout and begin the rebuilding process. As I've said, they're taking us down sooner or later and gradually selling our best players. I don't imagine many rent-a-sheiks are waiting in the wings to save us, so what exactly is there for us in the PL?

As i've said before, my worst nightmare is that venkatons hang onto us for DECADES. As long as they can keep cutting costs and don't have to put any of their own money in, I don't think they give a flying one. It's their 'baby'. I'm not even sure negative PR will force them to sell.

Where we'll be by the time these idiots leave, god only knows. On the verge of non league football perhaps. With kean still in charge.

Archived