SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 2011/12: The Final Countdown

Guest Wen Y Hu

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup - United at home - on Sky.

That was a miserable night - very quiet car on the way home.

We just have to hope and prey that we are still in with a chance before (and after) the Wigan match.

I watched that match during work and at the end cried on my knees, before going to the pub next door and getting smashed.

All I feel this time is anger.

All we can do is hope the sun shines on the dogs ass that is Kean and we escape by some miracle.

Alas nothing will change.

Doomed if we do and doomed if we don't!

Football sucks at present.

I have a horrible feeling this is going to go down to the last game of the season, and an absolute butchering by Chelsea will seal our relegation

I thought it would go to the last game too but after last night I cannot see us winning another game and unless the teams around us also keep losing we will be down before then.

I have just booked the day after the Wigan match off. One way or another (sure there is a song in there) I will be drinking lots of alcohol to either celebrate or drown my sorrows, but not after protesting my head off. I wonder if the usual lap of honour will be made after the game. Will be entertaining if we are down

Do you think old Stevie would dare do the lap of honour sorry, shame, at the end of the Wigan match?

I hope he does and I hope we sneak in banners and kick up a right fuss if anyone tries taking them off us, as by their rules (you listening Newsham), we can have our banners back after THE FINAL WHISTLE. So, we can show Kean RIGHT TO HIS FACE, just how much we hate him and what he has done to our club

I hope lots of yellow and black scarves are thrown on for the players to pick up and wear in support of the protests!!! I think some Kean & Venkys out scarves should be made for this very reason

We just have to hope and prey that we are still in with a chance before (and after) the Wigan match.

What's the point?

Do you want to go through all this again next season? or do you think Venky's are suddenly going to pump in 30/40M to bring the squad up to mid table standard?

• Backroom

I thought it would go to the last game too but after last night I cannot see us winning another game and unless the teams around us also keep losing we will be down before then.

That's the thing Jim, as bad as we are.... the teams around us are just as bad (possibly worse considering bar Wolves they all have a better calibre of manager). It wouldn't surprise me if we all limped to the last day on a ridiculously low number of points.

I don't want it to drag to the last day - I'd rather our fate was decided before then, but I have no faith in QPR, Wigan or Bolton to get the results needed to pull away from us.

That's the thing Jim, as bad as we are.... the teams around us are just as bad (possibly worse considering bar Wolves they all have a better calibre of manager). It wouldn't surprise me if we all limped to the last day on a ridiculously low number of points.

I don't want it to drag to the last day - I'd rather our fate was decided before then, but I have no faith in QPR, Wigan or Bolton to get the results needed to pull away from us.

Months ago when we were doing the predicting thing, I said we'd be relegated with 32 points. Looking good. :(

Our fate was sealed the day they sacked the previous manager.

End of story.

Whole heartedly agree, that's the time the we the fans lost our club.

Even though for some reason last night we were told to welcome 'your' Blackburn Rovers !!

Championship XI?

--------------------Goodwillie----Rochina

Marcus Ollson-----Petrovic----Lowe------Vukcevic

------------Henley----Hanley----Dann---Orr

----------------------------------Bunn

Yak, Hoilett, Formica, Pedersen, Givet, Olsson, Nzonzi, Robinson all gone.

Wow, I think depression has finally seized me!

Championship XI?

--------------------Goodwillie----Rochina

Marcus Ollson-----Petrovic----Lowe------Vukcevic

------------Henley----Hanley----Dann---Orr

----------------------------------Bunn

Yak, Hoilett, Formica, Pedersen, Givet, Olsson, Nzonzi, Robinson all gone.

Wow, I think depression has finally seized me!

Too optimistic with that :

Bunn ; what the hell has happened to him, been asking around - suspect might be another issue here

Dann : will go, probably to Villa

Hanley : not as good as he thinks he is but he'll be off

Henley : will be snapped-up - watch for Arsenal move

Vukcevic - won't hang around to play in Championship

A championship 11 will be made-up of our deadwood who nobody wants and a whole raft of freebies.

QPR to smash Swansea by 3 or 4 tonight and then Swansea to do the same to us on the weekend? sounds likely. It wouldn't suprise me if Wigan picked up a point tonight either

I would expect QPR to win, looks like Swansea has lost 3 in a row. The only thing I can hope for is that since these two were in the Championship League together last year, somehow, Swansea rises to the occasion, 1st match this season between the two was a draw? Maybe?

Archived