BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 2011/12: The Final Countdown

Guest Wen Y Hu

Hurts to write this but we don't deserve to stay up.

We don't you're quite right, Gordon mentioned on another thread that if any club deserved to go down it was us and he's exactly right, we deserve to be relegated and that's what's going to happen.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The song that is played at the start of the home games (Hard-Fi -Fire in The House) is quite pertinent-

Baby, I need you tonight,

We ain’t got time to fuss and fight

If your love gets cold, I'm cold

When the love is gone!

But do you remember, do you recall,

When the good times filled your heart and soul.

And we danced, all night, we kissed in the morning light!

Sadly our good times may have gone but I hope we will get them back one day. It hurts.

totally accepted relegation, totally accept venkys have far more money to make from us and are going nowhere (what other business can you invest £26m if they even did that much to buy your way into a competition that pays £40m per year and £15m in parachute payments when you fail and provides a lucrative sideline in selling current playing assets for excess of £40m, 3 year income around £100m and if you run the club badly enough its virtually all profit)

Past caring under the current regime as what's best for rovers does not seem to be a consideration in any decisions made presently.

Thank-#### we don't have bolton left to play as i'd hate to gift them 3pts more so hopefully they will join us, whoever we play knows 100% they are taking 3pts at the minute, QPR and sunderland fans must be sick that they lost to us.

It's terrible. Saw this coming a mile off, but that can't stop the deep depression I currently feel.

It's not just the relegation and the bleak outlook for the future. But also the feeling that we're being occupied by a foreign power, with their accompanying propaganda machine. It makes you feel powerless.

Every time I see Steve Kean's face it's like seeing your ex out with a gimp. Spiritual death beckons.

Just don't know how to carry on being a fan because these people are alowly but surely killing everything that's good about following this club.

It's desperately upsetting and I think the best thing is to walk away.

You've heard all they've got to say

You looked but turned away

Just walk away walk away

You've said all you got to say

Now the words just slip away

Just walk away, walk away, walk away

That's what they say, what they say, what they say

You gotta walk away

If you've played all the games they've played

You played them yesterday

Just walk away, walk away

If you've been, where they wanna go, seen all they've got to show

You gotta walk away

And now you must believe me, you never lose your dream

So now you must believe me, we never lose our dreams

If you proved all there is to prove, got nothing left to use

Just walk away, walk away

If you've done, all there is to do, ain't nothing left for you

Walk away, walk away, walk away

You gotta walk away today

It's terrible. Saw this coming a mile off, but that can't stop the deep depression I currently feel.

Yep, the feelling of numbness is setting in.

It took well over six months to get over the last relegation. You know what, I don't think I'll ever get over this one due to the circumstances.

• Backroom

Apparently most of the Sunderland squad felt like giving up the game after losing to us recently.

It must be kind of like playing in the sunday league and losing to the old, crap, fat team at the bottom of the league with the alcoholic as their manager.

Stays in your mind for a while afterwards.

And so the circle is almost complete. Prior to Jack we were a struggling 1st division side - we then had possibly the best owner any club has had (money combined with a genuine love of the club). We now have the exact opposite - owners with no connection to the club unwilling to spend money on the club.

Even an unlikely 9 points from the remaining matches may not be enough.

For every Rovers fan - I hope that the impossible happens. Most of all - I hope that we do it in Jacks memory. He built the club up from such a low ebb to achieve impossible heights - his memory doesn't deserve what has happened since the Trust sold out.

Never mind folks look at what we have to look forward to :

A fire sale of any remaing players worth anything.

A close season of listening to Teflon tell lies and blame the fans.

The Silence of the Venky's...more Anderson crocodile tears.

The anticipation of trips to Doncaster/Peterborough/Barnsley.

Substantial more leg room in the home stands.

Possible Administration around Xmas time.

Just what more treats could a Rover ask for?

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL!!

I think this is pretty much the end of The Rovers that Jack built :(

The Club that Venky's pillaged doesn't have the same ring to it does it?

Unfortunately we quickly became "The Club his family didn't want." Which was the root of our demise. Sad but understandable in many ways. If I had no interest in football I wouldn't want to risk the family fortune funding MGP's latest Ferrari or EHD's latest chrome plated vehicle either.

However it has to be said the current owners have accelerated what was our steady but gradual decline at quite frightening speed.

I know it's not over yet and I hope and pray we get out of it but I can't see it happening. The thing that tipped the balance against us this season in my view was the sale of Samba outside the transfer window. He should have been told in no uncertain terms he was going nowhere until the summer when his wish for a move would be granted if he still wanted one, and he was back in the side on Saturday etc.

Apart from losing his huge influence and presence on the pitch, what incentive is there for the other players to knuckle down when they see former team captain Samba acting the goat, refusing to play and eventually getting his own way?. .

I hope that we do it in Jacks memory. He built the club up from such a low ebb to achieve impossible heights

We weren't that bad before Jack took total control....we flirted with promotion without major investment....perhaps we go back to our natural state and try to get up organically.

Unfortunately we quickly became "The Club his family didn't want." Which was the root of our demise. Sad but understandable in many ways. If I had no interest in football I wouldn't want to risk the family fortune funding MGP's latest Ferrari or EHD's latest chrome plated vehicle either.

However it has to be said the current owners have accelerated what was our steady but gradual decline at quite frightening speed.

I know it's not over yet and I hope and pray we get out of it but I can't see it happening. The thing that tipped the balance against us this season in my view was the sale of Samba outside the transfer window. He should have been told in no uncertain terms he was going nowhere until the summer when his wish for a move would be granted if he still wanted one, and he was back in the side on Saturday etc.

Apart from losing his huge influence and presence on the pitch, what incentive is there for the other players to knuckle down when they see former team captain Samba acting the goat, refusing to play and eventually getting his own way?. .

Correct, once Nelsen had gone no way should his sale have been sanctioned.

Our current predicament is entirely down to the present owners and their disastrous decisions after they took over; we were not in decline before they arrived.

And your prejudices against two very good players do you no favours either.

You are right about Samba however, and the same could be said of Nelsen, Emerton and EHD.

It must also be noted that you were one of the cheerleaders for the new owners, and one of most vocal critics of the Trust. How do you feel now ?

We weren't that bad before Jack took total control....we flirted with promotion without major investment....perhaps we go back to our natural state and try to get up organically.

The season before he really started to bank roll the club - he provided the backing to buy Dobson and Livingstone to help us avoid relegation.

Also Rev, what incentive for players is there when they see the treatment handed out to Salgado, Nelsen and Roberts by the clowns that own this club. The manager tells us that Salgado and Nelsen are both injured when both are clearly fit to play but are forbidden from doing so, presumably on the orders of those clowns in India. The way in which Nelsen, a loyal club servant, was ushered out of the door was nothing short of a disgrace.

Sadly, Jack's legacy has been sold down the river by a woman in Pune whose name isn't fit to be mentioned in the same breath as Jack. Until this Indian mob leave the club I'm afraid there is no future for Blackburn Rovers.

The past eighteen months have shown just what an excellent job John Williams and Tom Finn did at this club. The Trust may not have been perfect but they ensured that the club enjoyed ten years of top flight football. It has always been a delicate balancing act keeping the club in the top division on limited finances. The Trust were able to do for ten years, it appears that 18 months has been too much for the business genius that is Desai. This foolish woman clearly didn't realise that in forcing the likes of Williams, Finn and Allardyce out - and I'm not saying Sam was the only manager who could do it just that we needed one with his type of experience - she was actually getting rid of the cornerstones that made the whole thing work. For a so called experienced business woman it seems quite an elementary mistake to make. On this occasion she simply didn't do her homework and the Rovers are probably going to pay the price by losing their top flight status.

Well it will all be over before Wigan at home. For me personally, it has been like waiting for someone I love to die. The life is slowly being Sucked out of my club. I just want it over with now. And to make it worse I have a 5 year old lad who wants to travel up every week. Watching this I worry he may want to support another club. I always said he could only ever support one team as my lad but I am not sure if he deserves to support such a shambles of a club. Next year we will bebmostly watching Leamington Spa - this is how I feel at the moment. And whilst I am at it Sky can go back too. Lost all interest in premiership and the pro-Kean / Venky's Sky trip.

Wigan match I hope to hear one song sung in unison from start to finish .....a simple clear message that no excuse for all not to join in to.... Young and old.

WE WANT OUR CLUB BACK

That's the problem though isn't it. Without investment we always fell short. It took Jack's money to eventually break through the barrier.

Our current predicament is entirely down to the present owners and their disastrous decisions after they took over; we were not in decline before they arrived.

You are right about Samba however, and the same could be said of Nelsen, Emerton and EHD.

It must also be noted that you were one of the cheerleaders for the new owners, and one of most vocal critics of the Trust. How do you feel now ?

We were fighting an up hill battle. We were one or two decisions away from relegation - Ince showed how easy it could have been. There is no way we could have kept pulling players like Samba and Nzonzi out of the bag - or had a saviour like Sam to pull us out of the mire. Somehow we had to generate more revenue - and on the surface the Venky plan didn't seem too wild - the problem was (it would appear) that they didn't adhere to the plan they sold to the trust.

I was speaking figuratively about overpaid underperforming footballers and perhaps it's a bit unfair to single them out as they aren't the first and certainly won't be the last. EHD is a nice bloke off the pitch and nothing like the pantomime villain he is painted on it. However he didn't really pull up any trees for us, I would say he was just about ok for us at best and I note that he is currently taking Doncaster down at a rate of knots along with the likes of Chimbonda, Goulon, Dean Saunders and any other misfits from the Willie McKay stable that Sam seemed so fond of.

Pedersen's contribution this season has been little short of disgraceful and I defy anyone to say any different. So I do think you're backing the wrong horses defending those two.

Nelsen never played for us this season and since his departure people seem to assume he's been magically transported back to the player he was 5 years ago. He may or may not have been ok. Imo the only other loss, albeit not on the same scale as Samba, was Emerton. Much as he underperformed at Right wing and midfield for years I'd have retained him to play RB where I always thought he was decent, especially bearing in mind it was obvious Salgado was so spectacularly past it.

It is also irksome to see Roberts on fire at Reading when to my mind he failed to really perform to the level he produced for Wigan under a succession of different managers here.

That's the problem though isn't it. Without investment we always fell short. It took Jack's money to eventually break through the barrier.

The point I wad trying to make is that before the walker millions we were never a doncaster, more of a Reading. Perhaps that investment by Jack in the academy etc..(and I know first hand as my son is at another pro clubs academy - brockhall is a firstclass set up) might just get us back up and give us an edge...like Jack knew we had to have that....thats my only consolation in all this.

Doubt it mate left school in the 90s. Just fed up of all the doom and gloom from rovers fans. The atmosphere yesterday was terrible at the start of the game, no wonder we went 2 down so quick. We can either do two things: sit and moan about kean/ venkys or stand and cheer and show how proud we are to be blue and white and cheer on the team.

And what about the atmosphere at West Brom when exactly the same thing happened?

We're going down and you're fed up of the 'doom and gloom"?

What exactly do you expect? This is a site for Rovers fans and we are hurting. Don't know about you.

Archived