BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 2011/12: The Final Countdown

Guest Wen Y Hu

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wolves to lose, I believe SAF will not help his old mucker Mark Hughesey Hughes tomorrow, so all the usual suspects in the bottom have lost, my point remains, we look like a team that is looking at relegation, no fight, stopped scoring, leaking goals again, wow we'll even make Liverpool look good on Tuesday!

imo Tuesday is our very last chance to get out of it.

Other people's fixtures are:

Newcastle v Bolton Mon 9 Apr 15:00

Wigan v Man Utd Wed 11 Apr 19:45

Wolves v Arsenal Wed 11 Apr 19:45

QPR v Swansea Wed 11 Apr 20:00

Can only see QPR winning but I bet Wigan scab something.

Bottom = us

Second bottom = Wolves

Third bottom = I don't give a rats ass any more.

Rovers recent form reminds me of when a terminally ill patient gets better before they get worse - or the twitching of a corpse.

There's nothing left.

Making a double substitution at 2-0 has put paid to the financial constraint rumours and virtually rubber stamped the fact that Kean is an incompetent, know-nothing, who doesn't deserve the title "Manager". He makes Brian Kidd look like a managerial genius.

I've heard Paul Ince has thrown his hat in the ring to save Wolves from the drop. Sod that, I'd have him back as replacement for Kean for the next 6 games.

It's all over as far as I can see.

Absolutely gutted.

Even though the results haven't been as unkind to us as they looked between 3.00 & 4.50 this afternoon that they were going to be, I agree with Clare that the Liverpool game is going to be totally crucial in determining where we play next season.

I wasn't there; I only had the BBC to rely on for reports and it sounded as though "feeble" was too strong a word for our performance. How quickly a "glass-half-full" fan can go to being a "glass-almost empty" fan these days, eh?.

If it weren't so serious, I'd flag up that remark of yours, Stuart, as the wittiest today.

After today, we haven't lost any ground as all our rivals lost - still think most of the teams around us have much tougher fixtures left (compared with us) - plus a bad defeat for QPR tomorrow takes us out of the bottom 3.

You are in dreamland mate.We will have to get some points for ourselves somewhere along the line and that hardly looks like happening.Today and tuesday were the chance to pull clear whilst the others had really tough games.Now we must be at rock bottom confidence wise. Lost 3-0 to a bunch of no marks, scored 1 goal in last 3 outings and back to shipping 7 in 3. Based on what evidence do you think we will beat anybody again this season??

face facts -we are not good enough to be in this league because we sold our best assets and spent F A. Since when we have to continually talk up the quality of what we have in our squad. Its complete bollards, we are rubbish.

Out of QPR, Wigan, Bolton and ourselves, we are on the worst run, playing like drains and are now have a seriously unpleasant looking run-in.

There are quite simply far too many things against us for survival to be anything other than a pipe dream at this stage.

Venky's are vile for doing this to us.

Out of QPR, Wigan, Bolton and ourselves, we are on the worst run, playing like drains and are now have a seriously unpleasant looking run-in.

There are quite simply far too many things against us for survival to be anything other than a pipe dream at this stage.

Venky's are vile for doing this to us.

They have spoken to SK after the game and he has assured them of a top 10 finish!! He says we will win 7 of our last 6 games!!

When all else fails let the gallows humour kick in. Seriously there needs to be some significant and concerted reprisals against Venkys.Not entirely sure what but i think we need to turn our thoughts to damaging them as they have damaged us.

They have spoken to SK after the game and he has assured them of a top 10 finish!! He says we will win 7 of our last 6 games!!

When all else fails let the gallows humour kick in. Seriously there needs to be some significant and concerted reprisals against Venkys.Not entirely sure what but i think we need to turn our thoughts to damaging them as they have damaged us.

And he told them there is 'no chance' we will be relegated.

And he told them there is 'no chance' we will be relegated.

Ultimately as soon as he said that we all knew that it would more than likely come back to bite him, and it looks like it might just do that.

I can see the final home game of the season turning extremely ugly if it doesn't go well.

This club needs a massive overhaul, starting with the owners and the manager. Just hoping that someone saves us next season from the Venky's nightmare regardless of what division the team is in. I have horrible nightmarish visions of Kean 'celebrating' 2 years, then 3, 4, maybe 5 years in charge under Venky's reign of terror.

Basically feel effing rubbish about this whole scenario and I fully expect Rovers to sluggishly crawl over the finish line in 19th place with Wolves bottom and 1 of the other 3 joining us, probably Wigan after the officials cost them points today that will no dobt be crucial in the run in for them.

• Backroom

Really we should be dead and buried and long gone but somehow we are still one result away from being out of the bottom 3.

Problem is I just can't see us getting that one result

Today was almost as bad as Cardiff - do these players want to play in the Premier League next season ?

Still think it will go to the last game and we will need to win at Stamford Bridge to stay up.

Just as an aside can ANY team which finished last season in a relegation scrap dispense with the services of their best 4 centre halves within 6 months and hope to survive? Sheer footballing suicide.

Agreed.

5 of our last 7 goals have been conceded through set-pieces. If Samba was still here, majority of them goals would not have gone in.

Dann is nowhere near PL quality and Hanley has a lot of learning to do before he gets to PL standard. Bizarre as to why we sold Samba at a stage of the season where we needed him the most.

I'm just hoping we can survive by winning Norwich and Wigan at home. Can't see us picking up any points elsewhere.

I've heard Paul Ince has thrown his hat in the ring to save Wolves from the drop. Sod that, I'd have him back as replacement for Kean for the next 6 games.

I'd have him as replacement for Pedersen.

• Backroom

It's not impossible that it comes down to the last day and who can lose by fewest between us at Chelsea and QPR taking on city

Archived