BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 2011/12: The Final Countdown

Guest Wen Y Hu

I'm going to put myself forward for looking ridiculously stupid here, but hell, if it doesn't work out I'm happy.

Blackburn Rovers will get either 4 or 5 points in there remaining games, and be relegated second bottom.

I think you could be right , after beating Sunderland , I thought 4 or 5 more points would be enough partly because I couldn't see us getting any more ..Never saw the QPR revival coming but Sparky has worked wonders and fair play to him ...Wigan blow hot and cold very unpredictable ..

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Would say that right now Wolves, Wigan, Rovers is definitely the most likely combo to go down. Bolton should be safe with their run in and QPR have already won 2 of their difficult matches, leaving the winnable games even more valuable.

Difficult to make predictions this season though - literally anything can and has been happening.

I think we will have many twists and turns before the end of the season. Next weekend could be pivatol as we have WBA away and QPR face UTD with wigan at Chelski. If we can manage something at the Hawthorns then I wouls hope we will be outside of the bottom 3. I think the biggest game we will have will be Wigan at home. Hopefully by then we will have at least 5 more points on the board and beating them, might just secure it for us.

Here's hoping anayway.

I think we will have many twists and turns before the end of the season. Next weekend could be pivatol as we have WBA away and QPR face UTD with wigan at Chelski. If we can manage something at the Hawthorns then I wouls hope we will be outside of the bottom 3. I think the biggest game we will have will be Wigan at home. Hopefully by then we will have at least 5 more points on the board and beating them, might just secure it for us.

Here's hoping anayway.

We'll have a much better idea after the next 3 or 4 games. Wigan should lose all 3; QPR have games against Swansea and west brom. If we are above QPR after their game against west brom then don't think theyll catch us with 3 of their last 4 against top teams. We need to get at least 4 points from the next 4 games. That would put us in a good position with home games against Norwich and Wigan to follow.

All to play for but difficult to call. We looked safe two weeks ago, now we are right back in it. Wigan and QPR looked dead and buried but are now back in it. Bolton look safe now but that could and probably will change.

• Backroom

I think you could be right , after beating Sunderland , I thought 4 or 5 more points would be enough partly because I couldn't see us getting any more ..Never saw the QPR revival coming but Sparky has worked wonders and fair play to him ...Wigan blow hot and cold very unpredictable ..

Sparky has worked wonders? Tell me how much better off are they since sacking warnock?

I can see this thread going up and down like a lift at the trafford centre,

After Wolves and Sunderland, many including the press were saying Rovers are safe and have turned the corner, Cue the Bolton defeat, and 6 points from 9 and the opinion had not changed too much, But with other teams grabbing points too Rovers are back in the mire.

A win in our next three games and results going our way, will bring about more optimism, for e.g Rovers beat United (It could happen) Then people will sling mud at those who have complained,

No wins in our next three will either see the crowd turn again, or it will see people saying we need to raise the roof to help get the points even more and have no negativity around the place.

If we go to Chelsea on the last day and mathematically we can go down, then we are in big trouble, Where will the blame lie? Kean? Venkys? The Fans who have protested?

The nightmare scenario is Venkys and Kean may take us down, the inquest will start and the supporters will not be able to show their displeasure, as next years message will be " We need to be the 12th man to get us back up"

I expect many twist and turns, shock results for all teams around the bottom including rovers, but the three teams who go down, will be the three teams who deserve to go,

I had a think last night about the teams around the bottom, and what those teams have done to prevent relegation, whilst looking at rovers and thinking, nearly every decision we have made as a club, are decisions which have had a direct impact in pushing us closer to it,

Wolves- Spent some good money in summer, replaced MM With a Kean clone with no experience and have paid the ultimate price of being sat bottom, Their squad on paper is not the worst in the division but their decision making process has seen them sign their own death warrant

Wigan, Stuck with Martinez, spent no cash, but kept their squad together. They have been there, done that, and got the t-shirt regarding relegation scraps. They have been playing well lately and are coming into form at the right time. They still lack a goalscorer, as they have for the last couple of seasons, but at present they look the most likely to escape the drop

QPR- Replaced Warnock, invested heavily, and after a shaky start by Hughes they have picked up a couple of shock wins, they still have some tough fixtures, but they also have a good squad and options should they suffer suspensions and injuries. They will be full of confidence following their wins against Liverpool and Arsenal, but all they have done is given themselves a chance, just like rovers did when we got back to back wins

Rovers- There is so many things I could say here, but in a season of struggle, we have sold our experienced players, our leaders (2 Captains) bought a load of players who have gone off the radar, and we are now dependent on the young lads. They seem up for a fight in some games, and then in games like Bolton look very ordinary. We have been in better form since Christmas, but being bottom a Christmas was always gonna hinder the teams chances of staying up. For every great result i.e Arsenal and United, we then have the performances like WBA, Botlon twice etc. Our squad on paper is far weaker than in many a season, players not playing for the wrong reasons, Players sold and not replaced, I also think as supporters we have always liked it when a young player emerges, but sometimes this clouds the bigger picture. Venkys and Kean have not given us a chance to survive (In a season some did not think we would be in another relegation battle) they have constantly made decisions which have given us more of a chance to go down.

Bolton- Are winning the games that all teams highlight as 6 pointers, i.e the games against those in and around them. The look the safest bet to stay up, but then again so did rovers according to some just a few games back, They are still in the relegation battle but of all 5 teams I think they will survive.

There is no easy games in the Premiership and some have highlighted games like Norwich and Swansea for e.g, but the table don't lie, and these games will be just as tough as any other fixture.

All we can do now is take each game as it comes , starting with United and hope and pray that when the last ball is kicked at Stamford Bridge, that our name is the right side of the relegation line

If we go to Chelsea on the last day and mathematically we can go down, then we are in big trouble, Where will the blame lie? Kean? Venkys? The Fans who have protested?

I think we already know the answer Glen. They have always blamed the fans. Venky's, Kean, Hunt x2, Agnew et al have never accepted any responsibility for what is happening and they never will. Their arrogance and incompetence knows no bounds.

You can almost make up the headlines now and the media will once again fall for it lock stock and barrel. Expect the onslaught to begin within 5 minutes of the final whistle that ends the season.

The fans didn't:

- Drive out the board

- Employ a complete novice as manager

- Give contracts to players that preclude them playing

- Sell our best and most experienced players, or anyone who stands up to Kean

- Buy dross to fill the bench or sit in the stands

These are the things that will relegate us, not chants of "Kean Out".

• Backroom

None..But they had to beat Liverpool and Arsenal or they were doomed ....We have to beat Liverpool too think we will ?

But they only had to beat those teams because they lost easier games, I think they'll stay up but Hughes hasn't done much for them yet IMO

I doubt we'll eat Liverpool but we beat united and arsenal, means nothing

Hi Glen, You have ststed in the past that the team is picked based on the cost, not the ability of the players and I tend to agree with that. Have you any information on why Rochina and Vukevic have not been included recently? I am sure is is money, but has anyone asked the club to explain their absence? I know Cryer wont and the answers that come from SK can hardly be seen as credible, but have we any inside information?

Hi Glen, You have ststed in the past that the team is picked based on the cost, not the ability of the players and I tend to agree with that. Have you any information on why Rochina and Vukevic have not been included recently? I am sure is is money, but has anyone asked the club to explain their absence? I know Cryer wont and the answers that come from SK can hardly be seen as credible, but have we any inside information?

Cost cutting measures are in place , Pretty sure Rochina's clause with Barca due for expiry and that Man City pass, If Kean fancies Simon he will play but at the expense of another high appearance earner.

How long these measures remain place is anyone's guess

+1 for your succinct response and your exercise of free speech. :)

I think we already know the answer Glen. They have always blamed the fans. Venky's, Kean, Hunt x2, Agnew et al have never accepted any responsibility for what is happening and they never will. Their arrogance and incompetence knows no bounds.

Which is all that really need be said about their [poor] character.

Anybody like to throw Villa into the mix? They've got Bolton, Sunderland, Tottenham and Stoke at home and WBA, Liverpool, Man Utd and Norwich away. Their game in hand is home to Bolton, they've a team full of young uns and Mcleish is an expert in snatching relegation from the jaws of safety. I don't think WesT Brom are safe either!! They've 3 of the bottom 5 to play and are in a bad run of form. If we win there they'll start to feel the pressure, esp if other teams keep winning below them.

I'm now off to find some more straws to clutch...

I can see the headlines at the end of the season. 'Manager of the year Steve Kean takes Rovers to within a whisker of the automatic relegation places for 2nd season running!' or if we go down 'Manager of the year Steve Kean succesfully gains automatic relegation with Rovers at the 2nd attempt!'

yoda, on 31 March 2012 - 20:45 PM, said:-1

Which is all that really need be said about their [poor] character.

It wasn't me m'lud honest, it was me brother!

that aside some posts command nothing less than -1

Archived