BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Olsson wants out?

Muddboy

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And suddenly he re appears as if nothing has happened being all contrite. I suspect we will have another Samba on our hands here and when January arrives we will see Martin Dahlin raising his ugly head again.

Another one with delusions of grandeur.

Tell him he can leave in Jan if the right deal comes along...but only if he puts in a shift until then.

I don't even think he;s prem standard, he's so over rated by some fans. He's a LB yet can't defend, or a winger that can't cross. should have been replaced with someone better

Harsh. When the Centre Halves, Defensive Midfielders and the left side midfielder are too slow or too poor to cover. Any left back would look poor in Kean's formation.

I don't even think he;s prem standard, he's so over rated by some fans. He's a LB yet can't defend, or a winger that can't cross. should have been replaced with someone better

Yes, harsh indeed - the fact is he doesn't even need to be Premier League standard - if he managed to put in consistent effort as a good Championship standard player, his previous pedigree would almost certainly lead to one of the bigger clubs coming in for him.

That's another thing that pishes me off about these so called 'professionals' - they don't even have the intelligence to recognise that petulance, working to rule, pleasing themselves or playing against the wishes of their management all contribute directly to a worsening of their position and drives a further wedge between them and their paying customers. At least when a club comes in and pays full whack for a player that is recognised as an asset by the fans we can comfort ourselves by remembering the good times and value we've had. With players like Olsson, Nzonzi and the like we are just left frustrated that we have been underchanged (after all these blokes are on fantastic money for the amount of work they actually have to do).

Oh and for those who will no doubt jump on my last comment and say 'its a short career, blahblah...' just remember, there is nothing stopping these people finding a job in the real world once they fall off the gravy train. Footballers used to do this all the time, in pubs, as journalists, starting businesses (Dave Whelan anyone/?).

Olsson on the right to Olsson on the left...goal for Rovers!

Simon Vukcevic did 71 minutes for Montenegro against Poland!! Got match fitness in a competive game. Great!

He also played 73 mins for his country before the season opening match. He is fit but the clown won´t give him a chance. I bet Nunes is still ahead of Simon. It´s a personal issue I think.

Yes, harsh indeed - the fact is he doesn't even need to be Premier League standard - if he managed to put in consistent effort as a good Championship standard player, his previous pedigree would almost certainly lead to one of the bigger clubs coming in for him.

That's another thing that pishes me off about these so called 'professionals' - they don't even have the intelligence to recognise that petulance, working to rule, pleasing themselves or playing against the wishes of their management all contribute directly to a worsening of their position and drives a further wedge between them and their paying customers. At least when a club comes in and pays full whack for a player that is recognised as an asset by the fans we can comfort ourselves by remembering the good times and value we've had. With players like Olsson, Nzonzi and the like we are just left frustrated that we have been underchanged (after all these blokes are on fantastic money for the amount of work they actually have to do).

Oh and for those who will no doubt jump on my last comment and say 'its a short career, blahblah...' just remember, there is nothing stopping these people finding a job in the real world once they fall off the gravy train. Footballers used to do this all the time, in pubs, as journalists, starting businesses (Dave Whelan anyone/?).

Find it funny when peeps say this sort of stuff.. just because he earns more does not mean he is unlike the rest of us human beings..

If you hated your boss, setup etc and had other better options.. would you not want to leave? At least for us its a hell of allot easier.

In his case he has his whole career on the block because by playing in the lower leagues of the british game he will without a doubt have a much lower chance of getting a spot for his country.

Add to that pressure from people wanting a cut of any transfer (the agents), the big pay day of a signing on fee, the mess of a club he is with.. etc etc..

This is not the same as L Neil etc etc.. they left for money, at the moment he is at a joke of a club, with a disaster of a manager, in the championship.. it is a no brainer.

His country isnt exactly blessed in the left back department. Players get called up from the Swedish league, playing regularly in the championship is of a much, much higher standard, apart from other mediocre to average leagues Swedish players get called up from.

Guest Rovers4Good

Let him rot in the reserves if he don't want to play. need to send out a message to all these greedy players in our team

Get your facts right before posting rubbish.

He's just coming back from an injury and has been training on his own for a week or so to get him ready for full training.

His country isnt exactly blessed in the left back department. Players get called up from the Swedish league, playing regularly in the championship is of a much, much higher standard, apart from other mediocre to average leagues Swedish players get called up from.

In fairness, the guy who started left back in their friendly the other day plays for Anderlecht, who are a pretty decent side and the Belgium League is a higher standard than the Championship.

We've had youth players,who have vanished into obscurity, start games for Cercle Brugge. A league has to be judged as a whole. Apart from Anderlecht and maybe Club Brugge theirs not much quality in the Belgian league. The championship is a tough league because 3/4s of the teams are of more or less similar quality fighting for promotion. Most of the less fashionable leagues barely make that standard of football.

A clear example was Birminghams run in the Europa League.

Regarding the guy playing for Anderlecht, Im sure Martin has competition, but its not like his country has sooo many quality left backs that he MUST be playing in the pemiership. Bar Ibrahimovich the team is not exactly full of stars. Relying on past it players like Wilhelmson and Svensson. I wouldnt be surprised if Markus has a run of good performances and be in line for a call up.

We've had youth players,who have vanished into obscurity, start games for Cercle Brugge. A league has to be judged as a whole. Apart from Anderlecht and maybe Club Brugge theirs not much quality in the Belgian league. The championship is a tough league because 3/4s of the teams are of more or less similar quality fighting for promotion. Most of the less fashionable leagues barely make that standard of football.

A clear example was Birminghams run in the Europa League.

Regarding the guy playing for Anderlecht, Im sure Martin has competition, but its not like his country has sooo many quality left backs that he MUST be playing in the pemiership. Bar Ibrahimovich the team is not exactly full of stars. Relying on past it players like Wilhelmson and Svensson. I wouldnt be surprised if Markus has a run of good performances and be in line for a call up.

Belgian league.. hang on isn't that the very same league that has started use the new sports psychology coaching techniques and produced some of the best players in Europe.. Dafour, Hazard, Witsel, Fellanii et al..

As for the dutch league.. same sorta thing but has been on the decline a little these last 5 years..

they've got Källstrom, Elm and Seb Larsson though, who are pretty good players mafioso.

I talk about two points,

1) is that Olsson doesnt need to leave as his country does not have an abbundance of left backs so good that he needs to play in the prem.

Example : if Everton were relegated Jaglielka would need to jump ship in a heartbeat to have any chance of keeping his little chance of an England place, with players like Terry, Cahill, Jones, Smalling, Dawson, Lescott etc... Olsson doesnt.

He can STILL play in the Championship regularly and well, and have NO problem whatsoever in getting called up.

2) When I mention the Belgian league I am well aware of the talent that has come out of it (even though many where unknown until they were developed in other better leagues). I also dont say that its a rubbish league by any means. Its just that its 2 (max. 3) good teams and thats it. The rest are nowhere near the standard of Anderlecht etc. But then again Anderlecht are no Porto/Ajax/PSV either. Rovers, Bolton, Wolves (until last week), Leeds, Birmingham, Cardiff, Nott Forest, Leicester to name a few would all soar in the Belgian league.

Theres a reason why the championship is still considered one of the best in europe AFTER the top leagues.

AGAIN I stress the point that I am refering to the fact that Sweden pick players from these sort of leagues so Martin does NOT need to make excuses about needing to play Prem to keep his place in the national team. As long as he plays regularly (as oposed to sulking) he will easily keep his place.

I think we maybe need Mikey Delap, Kamy, & Glen to do their stuff along with me and ABBEY to keep Olsson locked up until the Russian transfer window closes.

and for those critcising the Belgium league as well as Dufour, Hazard x2, Witsel, Fellani, you also have massive quality in players like Kompany, Dembele,Mignolet, Vermaelen, Vertonghen, Lukaku, De Bruyne etc... IMO all these players would strengthen most championship sides & most would be happy to have the likes of De Bruyne,Lukaku etc... in their sides.

Not that it really matters, but the Belgian league is not better. There are a couple of good sides in it, but the overall quality is poor.

What Championship games have you been watching?

martin olsson@martinolsson3

3 points and top off the league… support was top notch!!good to be back after 3 Months away from football #brfc #love

Surely it's been obvious to anyone who's seen him play that he was never one to kick up a fuss?

He was worried about his place in the national team, which is completely understandable.

Looking forward to having him back on a regular basis. I think he could form a good partnership down the left wing with Pedersen.

• 3 months later...

Archived