BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Olsson wants out?

Muddboy

You ain't seen Rhodes play. He is not a target man who can play up front on his own.

I have seen him play.....like the other day when he played up front on his own for Scotland, played well, greatly impressed with his movement and scored an excellent header.

When Best is back I would play them up top together but Nuno Gomes is much better from the bench, I'm not really up for consistently starting Edinho and Goodwillie has left.....anyway one time when I did a proposed starting 11 with Rochina up front someone was like he needs to be playing in the hole, and Rochina would normally be right up besides Rhodes.

What are you proposing instead then? Rochina is played up alongside him? Edinho? Kazim?

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rhodes is a penalty box operator. He is not a leader of the line and cannot hold the ball up with his back to goal as per your formation. If you had seen him play you would know this.

Back to Olsson, hope he stays and knuckles down. Good player but will Kean play him ?

Rhodes is a penalty box operator. He is not a leader of the line and cannot hold the ball up with his back to goal as per your formation. If you had seen him play you would know this.

Back to Olsson, hope he stays and knuckles down. Good player but will Kean play him ?

6 months in the reserves won't help either side. Get him in the team, firing on all cylinders and see what January brings.

Okay Jim....well like I said what is your alternative? As you may have noticed Edinho and I imagine Rochina can't do this either....same goes for Nuno Gomes and the Benfica fan previously warned us of this.....like I said, in my formation, Rochina would be as close to Rhodes as possible, just didn't want to get another, "Rochina plays best in the hole" comment......we need Kazim on the wings if Vukcevic isn't going to be playing.........like I also said, he played that role fine for Scotland a week or 2 ago, and I am comfortable with him doing it until Best is back, due to the lack of other options.

Now he's here til January, he needs to be played on the left wing. He'll tear most of the teams in this league apart with his pace. No doubt he'll get played at left back and be completely wasted though.

I think playing the Olsson twins in tandem will allow him to play left back - as his brother was excellent at providing cover for him. Personally I never thought he was as poor at left back as many people on here seem to think - definitely the best left back in this division. To be honest with Murphy and Etuhu both playing so deep he should be able to spend more time attacking than defending (though of course it hasn't turned out that way so far :unsure: )

I think playing the Olsson twins in tandem will allow him to play left back - as his brother was excellent at providing cover for him. Personally I never thought he was as poor at left back as many people on here seem to think - definitely the best left back in this division. To be honest with Murphy and Etuhu both playing so deep he should be able to spend more time attacking than defending (though of course it hasn't turned out that way so far :unsure: )

Yep i see him more in a Graham Le Saux role as an overlapping full back. That system worked under Dalglish can't see why a manager with all the skills of Kean can't make it work too!! Might provide the service Rhodes needs of course we would need to give him a partner up front to play off (and we have Mr liability at the back in Dann although Givet could cover this by going across with ethu dropping back as cover). Oh damn we let Goodwillie go off on loan er Rochina/Edinhio (clearly not a target men or holders up of the ball). Perhaps Dunn would be our best bet here??? Suggestions...

Wayne Bridge? How do people know who "the best left back in this division" is? How many of em have you seen, watched, studied week in week out?

Wayne Bridge - really ? You would swap Olsson for Wayne Bridge ?

Yep i see him more in a Graham Le Saux role as an overlapping full back. That system worked under Dalglish can't see why a manager with all the skills of Kean can't make it work too!! Might provide the service Rhodes needs of course we would need to give him a partner up front to play off. Oh damn we let Goodwillie go off on loan er Rochina/Edinhio (clearly not a target men or holders up of the ball). Perhaps Dunn would be our best bet here??? Suggestions...

CKR ?

Murphy needs to be playing in a more advanced position if we are to get the best out of him, he can pick a pass and open up defences, let Etuhu play the holding role, break up play and find Murphy!!

I suppose we should still be wary - as Kamy points out - the transfer window isn't closed across all of Europe yet.

Yup, Dahlin is still trying to get him out of Rovers. The biggest threat would be from Turkey because the likes of Galatasary (sp) have the ability to pay what Rovers would want. The Turkish transfer window closes on Monday, with the French transfer window closing on Tuesday.

Well, unlike N'Zonzi, he is clearly willing to play. The fact that his brother appears to be fully committed and enjoying himself must also help. I would expect that as soon as he is up to fitness he will start playing. Whether or not he leaves in January will probably come dome to our league position.

He has to, I can't see any other reason why numpty isn't selecting him if he's ''fit and raring to go''. When does the foreign transfer window shut btw?

Biggest danger is from Turkey, their window closes tomorrow (not sure what time), then the French transfer window closes on Tuesday. Russain transfer window closes on 8th September.

Archived