BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Olsson wants out?

Muddboy

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Olsson is poor at left back so we're not getting the best out of him by playing him in that position. He would however be an extremely good player for someone if pushed forward to LHS of midfield imo.

I have always rated Warnock very highly though and given we are in dire need of a natural left back that wouldn't be a bad deal at all if we absolutely have to lose Olsson imo.

However I can't for the life of me see Warnock wanting to either drop down a division or come back to Ewood given he chose to leave us when we were a Premiership Club!

Edit: Just read the Mirror article and I note it says that in there as well.

£14m for Steven Fletcher what is the world coming to.

He does score goals at the top level, I rate him personally.

And Don't forget this is wonderfull MoN bidding, he'll spend the next four years bleeding money from

Sunderland and leave them no further forward than when he started.

He does score goals at the top level, I rate him personally.

And Don't forget this is wonderfull MoN bidding, he'll spend the next four years bleeding money from

Sunderland and leave them no further forward than when he started.

I also rate him, but not at £14m. For that I would want a game changer with 20+ goals a season and I don't think Fletcher is either of those.

He's good in the air and at bringing people into play and also a good finisher, though not prolific enough to justify that price tag. Plus I think Wolves signed him for £7m or something and I can't think what he has done for them to double that valuation.

Remember gray?

Gray was pretty solid and reliable defensively, just completely lacked any pace if i remember rightly, but Ollson wouldn't even hack it as a left back at this level, hes simply not physically strong enough.

Warnock has been our best LB since Le Saux(imo), but he hasnt even seemed like the same player since leaving us(same old story), and i imagine his wages would be too high(for a defender).

Gray was pretty solid and reliable defensively, just completely lacked any pace if i remember rightly, but Ollson wouldn't even hack it as a left back at this level, hes simply not physically strong enough.

Warnock has been our best LB since Le Saux(imo), but he hasnt even seemed like the same player since leaving us(same old story), and i imagine his wages would be too high(for a defender).

You also forget that we don't need defenders.

Remember gray?

Yes. He was a good player, what's your point?

You don't remember rightly. Whilst not lightning fast, he wasn't a slouch.

Gray was awful he went forward but didn't have the pace to get back.

On the contrary. I remember many times thinking 'wow, Pedersen finally pulled his finger out and did something useful', only to realise it was in fact Gray that had overlapped him. Whether that is testament to Gray being decent going forward or Pedersen being shocking is debateable. But there's not much point discussing a player we had years ago at any length.

Any news from anybody credible at all on this?

Time is running out. This is the last thing I'm waiting on now the Rhodes deal has supposedly gone through.

Sorry for any stress caused in bumping this thread!

What the f**k then? Is Olsson still here? Please let him be here.

Robbo

Ribeiro Dann Givet Henley

Kazim Murphy Etuhu Olsson

Rochina

Rhodes

Subs: Sandomierski, Hanley, Orr, Jorge, Vukcevic, Marcus Olsson, Nuno Gomes

Other players: Lowe, Dunn, Best, Formica, Pedersen, Edinho, Morris, Raheem Hanley, Usai, Kean, Linganzi, Cotton, Henrique, Rosado, other youngsters.

What the f**k then? Is Olsson still here? Please let him be here.

Robbo

Ribeiro Dann Givet Henley

Kazim Murphy Etuhu Olsson

Rochina

Rhodes

You ain't seen Rhodes play. He is not a target man who can play up front on his own.

Archived