BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Olsson wants out?

Muddboy

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, unlike N'Zonzi, he is clearly willing to play. The fact that his brother appears to be fully committed and enjoying himself must also help. I would expect that as soon as he is up to fitness he will start playing. Whether or not he leaves in January will probably come dome to our league position.

Interesting conclusion you come to Eddie. Can I ask why you decide he's clearly willing to play?

Interesting conclusion you come to Eddie. Can I ask why you decide he's clearly willing to play?

Martin Olsson clearly isn't one to refuse to play. He was worried about losing his place in the Swedish team given that he'd only just established himself as first choice left back.

Refusing to play his hardly going to enhance his chances at keeping that position.

Contracts are a two way thing, however, have Rovers kept their side of the bargain ?

By now, we should be in the Champions' League with a galaxy of stars gracing Ewood.

Instead, we are led by, IMO, an imbecile of the highest order who has done more damage to our club than any Burnley supporter could.

A little sympathy with Olsson but far more sympathy with those who have lost their job at Rovers.

Will he play for the first team again ? Wouldn't bet on it.

Contracts are a two way thing, however, have Rovers kept their side of the bargain ?

By now, we should be in the Champions' League with a galaxy of stars gracing Ewood.

Umm, pretty sure that we won't have contractually guaranteed him that. Pretty sure his contract was signed before Venkys arrived? Pretty sure that when it was signed our ambitions were only really to be an established mid table/top ten side. Pretty sure we plucked the bugger from total obscurity and made him a well-paid international.

Martin Olsson clearly isn't one to refuse to play. He was worried about losing his place in the Swedish team given that he'd only just established himself as first choice left back.

Olsson may want to play. But maybe someone will spit their dummy out again (because he has asked to leave) and not let him play irrespective of the effect it will have on the team.

He's on more than £20k I'm pretty sure of that.

and as an aside I think the club were right not to sell him if the price wasn't right. There would have been more complaints on thsi thread if he'd been let go on the cheap. You only have to read the N'Zonzi thread for evidence of that.

To a certain degree the owners are damned if they do and damned if they don't (and I'm not trying to make light of their continueous cock ups in teh past).

I'm happy theat they've set a price for the player and shown they won't be pushed around when it comes to transfer fees.

And suddenly he re appears as if nothing has happened being all contrite. I suspect we will have another Samba on our hands here and when January arrives we will see Martin Dahlin raising his ugly head again.

Another one with delusions of grandeur.

• Backroom

IMO Olsson is nowhere near good enough a player to kick up a fuss and make the types of comments he has.

Is he premiership quality? Probably. However, there are plenty of flaws in his game. As a left back he struggles defensively, as a winger his crosses are atrocious. Once his pace goes he'll be a very average player. In the meantime his speed gives him an advantage, and cutting inside he's still a fairly deadly player. He should be fine at Championship level, but I think he needs to buckle down and improve aspects of his game before complaining about not getting a move.

I don't even think he;s prem standard, he's so over rated by some fans. He's a LB yet can't defend, or a winger that can't cross. should have been replaced with someone better

Bit harsh.

He's much better than his brother (although Markus has made a decent start to Championship life) and can be very effective going forward. He'd be one of the first name's on my Rovers team sheet if his heads in the right place.

Archived