BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Olsson wants out?

Muddboy

Hmmm...

Playing for a bigger club, on a better wage, under a superior manager.

OR...

Staying at Venky's FC 'cos you get to train with your bro every day.

Usually you only need the bit in bold Topman, the rest just makes it a no brainer.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So you want us to sell a good player because he is being played out of position? My suggestion would be to sign a left back to allow Olsson to move forward?

we had a left back, givet, then we sold 3 centre backs and he had to cover there permanently, or when his hamstring was in the right frame of mind, anyway.

olsson will be off, no doubt.

• 3 weeks later...

Just seen on twitter that Chelsea preparing £7m bid....

He's been quoted in Swedish media as knowing about their interest as well, but I can't get my head around why Chelsea would want him? I can definitely see his potential as a left back, in the proper environment he could develop to be good enough for a top four side at that position, but in competition with Bertrand and Cole he'd probably end up at left wing where he's servicable (at that level) at best. Still, £7 million sounds just fine to me.

He's a regular starter in Sweden's national team so £7m is a fair price.

I really doen't matter what we sell any of our players for none of the money will go into the club.

Every penny will line the pockets of JA and the bald monkey.

He's not staying he's well too good for the Championship. I think Chelsea might be interested him as a left winger. They are about to lose Malouda which will leave them with no natural wingers in the side. And when he is not playing, back up to Cole as maybe Bertrand will be going on loan. He played, and impressed, for a while with us as a winger so I'm sure teams will know about his ability playing there, just the papers presume it's as a left back as he's played there all season.

Can't see why Chelsea would want him, he'd be decent cover on the left I suppose, being able to play left back and left mid. At £7m I would definitely sell, but the mugs running our club wouldn't want to reinvest any of it.

Archived