BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Swansea v Rovers Preview

Super-arran, when you don't know that McClaren is back in football management, but you use it to justify kean not resigning then it's probably time to give up. I say this as a friend :D

Bad example I know haha.

I still believe sticking at a job is more honourable than downing tools and quitting

Yes they are, yet Kean doesn't seem to mind one bit, why would that be? A new contract by any chance?

Who knows? Possibly. Possibly not.

Maybe he does mind. But has no choice other than to stick with it.

All if's and maybe's

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who knows? Possibly. Possibly not.

Maybe he does mind. But has no choice other than to stick with it.

All if's and maybe's

Course he has a choice.

Bottom of the league- new contract. Remove top players, don't utter a single word of criticism- did we say new contract?

If you refuse to read between the lines then there's not a lot more to be said.

Bad example I know haha.

I still believe sticking at a job is more honourable than downing tools and quitting

there's nothing honourable about continuing in a job you haven't got the aptitude or ability for. It goes wider than that, his inability to do his job is going to cost a lot of other BRFC's employees their jobs. Cost-cutting in the Championship will see to that.

Course he has a choice.

Bottom of the league- new contract. Remove top players, don't utter a single word of criticism- did we say new contract?

If you refuse to read between the lines then there's not a lot more to be said.

You're reading something that's not there apart from in your head and believing it.

Did you believe the "Glasgow Gangster" conspiracy too?

I'm a positive person who believes moaning will get you nowhere in life. Why moan unless you're dying?.

You want 'positive'? Positive means learning from your experiences and changing. Kean hasn't learned anything or changed at all. If anything he's become even worse and determined to repeat his errors over and over again for the sake of his pay cheque. Like I said, there is no shame or indignity in holding your hands up and admitting it didn't work out. You also seem to be under the impression that this is an ordinary job he's working in. No, Kean isn't stacking shelves at Asda. He's working in a multi-million pound industry where businesses and livelihoods hinge on the success he helps bring to the club.

But I don't care about Kean. I care about the direction of this club, which is crashing into the Championship right now, unless you hadn't noticed. Do you even care about the future of Rovers? Because you have a funny way of showing it when you're preoccupied with fighting Steve Kean's corner when he's played his part in destroying the club you profess to support.

Well, someone had to let you know

You make the mistake of thinking I care what anyone thinks of me on here. Least of all someone like you.

You're reading something that's not there apart from in your head and believing it.

Did you believe the "Glasgow Gangster" conspiracy too?

Aye, just in my head. A new contract to a bloke who's team is bottom of the league and the events re the playing staff since, how do you explain it?

I doubt Kean could get to the top of the Cumbernauld Social Club mafia, never mind Glasgow..

Bad example I know haha.

there's nothing honourable about continuing in a job you haven't got the aptitude or ability for. It goes wider than that, his inability to do his job is going to cost a lot of other BRFC's employees their jobs. Cost-cutting in the Championship will see to that.

I believe that sticking at a job and trying to improve yourself rather than running away is honourable.

I agree, he's not up to the job. But it's Venkys who need to pull their heads out of the sand.

IF Kean keeps us up, IMO I believe he will walk if things do not change. His stock would rise giving him a better chance of managing a different team. Especially if stories are leaked on how the club is actually run. (considering all rumours of Venky interferance is true)

That's what I would do anyway.

"I'm a positive person who believes moaning will get you nowhere in life. Why moan unless you're dying?"

The club is dying arran, can you not see that, 25yrs to build this club and you're mate and his colleagues from Pune have destroyed that in 18 months.

But the band kept on playing as the ship went down....

I believe that sticking at a job and trying to improve yourself rather than running away is honourable.

I agree, he's not up to the job. But it's Venkys who need to pull their heads out of the sand.

IF Kean keeps us up, IMO I believe he will walk if things do not change. His stock would rise giving him a better chance of managing a different team. Especially if stories are leaked on how the club is actually run. (considering all rumours of Venky interferance is true)

That's what I would do anyway.

Any story portraying Kean as a simple, humble employee of the club would be a fabrication. Despite what the public is party to, I'm certain that almost everyone inside football knows that Kean's up to his neck in this.

You want 'positive'? Positive means learning from your experiences and changing. Kean hasn't learned anything or changed at all. If anything he's become even worse and determined to repeat his errors over and over again for the sake of his pay cheque. Like I said, there is no shame or indignity in holding your hands up and admitting it didn't work out. You also seem to be under the impression that this is an ordinary job he's working in. No, Kean isn't stacking shelves at Asda. He's working in a multi-million pound industry where businesses and livelihoods hinge on the success he helps bring to the club.

So Kean is suppose to care about Rovers like he owns the club? ...back to my point about Venkys being the real problem.

But I don't care about Kean. I care about the direction of this club, which is crashing into the Championship right now, unless you hadn't noticed. Do you even care about the future of Rovers? Because you have a funny way of showing it when you're preoccupied with fighting Steve Kean's corner when he's played his part in destroying the club you profess to support.

Of course I care. I'm just not working myself up in to a frenzy about things I can't change

You make the mistake of thinking I care what anyone thinks of me on here. Least of all someone like you.

You sound hurt

Surely the honourable thing would be for him to hold his hand up, admit he's out of his depth and then resign

Surely the honourable thing would be for him to hold his hand up, admit he's out of his depth and then resign

He should have gone during the summer , we nearly went down last season with a far superior squad and the big Sam points cushion....

Still feel on this bright Saturday morning that we face a 3 or 4 goals to 1 defeat and that my bets are good.

For those interested in the Grand National, I'm going for Ballabriggs & Seabass and I'm on a hot run with the nags at the moment!

You couldn't pick your nose, have you got anything right yet merc? :lol:

Not quite yet we're not.

I knew Rovers when we were in the championship.

We weren't dead.

when we last went down after only drwing at home V utd , then I tavelled up to the final game at Newcastle already relegated we knew we'd be back...but this time it's a different story

Feel a lot better now that Kean says he's still confident.

Apparently we looked like getting back into it at 3-0 but then we had to make the substitutions. That must be why they immediately went to a commercial break, so all the presenters can compose themselves after p1ssing themselves laughing at him.

Not quite yet we're not.

I knew Rovers when we were in the championship.

We weren't dead.

After reading through your many posts tonight following the game, I can only conclude that you are on Rovers payroll, or a member of your family is.

We are virtually down, and have owners that don't give two ###### either way, yet you continue with your usual bullshit and have the temerity to call other people "knob".

Rovers have never been in the Championship before, and I say that to highlight the fact that the world of football has moved on. Do you really think this relegation is going to be like '99? If you do, then you really are completely and utterly deluded.

He isn't honourable. He has no compassion for the fans or the well being of the club. He has been given a once in a life time opportunity. He won't get another job like this again, though he'll be financially sorted for the rest of his life. Though, I've said before that one of us suddenly getting a promotion at work to a highly paid position, with a big pay out if you get sacked, would never resign.

I wonder when he does finally leave(probably just after the stadium has been knocked down and Uncle Jack's statue is on eBay :-( ) if the media will link he strongly to Premier league vacancies? After all, he's a great manager, the fans are wrong. Maybe he'll decide to drop back into coaching and RFW will give him a job as head coach at Man Utd? I'm sure Sam will give him a job on his coaching team, especially since Sam worked with him at Rovers? Oh wait.....

Anyway I'm rambling. I tried to tell myself after the Liverpool game that it doesn't matter, get over it, live your life like the people who don't have a passion for football/sports. Anyway, it now feels like a enormous weight on my shoulders, a lump in my throat. ###### awful feeling.

So Kean is suppose to care about Rovers like he owns the club? ...back to my point about Venkys being the real problem.

You're right, I'm expecting some self-respect from Steve Kean of all people. Pffft... Nevermind bowing out with dignity when the jig is up. Nope, TRUE dignity is sticking out a job when you're breaking record lows each week. Yep, that's the sign of a real trooper and not a money-grubbing worm.

Venky's are the real problem, but what makes the two mutually exclusive? That doesn't mean Kean doesn't deserve calling out for the part he's played in our demise.

Of course I care. I'm just not working myself up in to a frenzy about things I can't change

You don't give a toss. You're only happy on here if you're provoking the consensus because you want some attention. Well done, you've got it.

You sound hurt

Only by your stupidity.

Archived