BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Swansea v Rovers Preview

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Just to note before DMTP gets any further abuse :lol: his first paragraph was what Kean might be thinking to justify his belief in himself, rather than what DMTP actually believes. I personally don't think Kean is that stupid and is fully aware he isn't up to the job, but will continue because he knows he'll never get this type of job on this type of money again.

So quitting would do him loads of favours?

Who does McClaren manage now?

If you've no confidence in yourself then why would anyone have any in you?

Go and learn how to debate, then you might add something to the messageboard.

Quitting would do us an enormous bloody favour.

Would a bizarre argument you've come up with. Kean's performed atrociously, he show no signs of improvement and he's taking us down. But he needs to stay on to better himself. What utter tripe.

Let the records show that we were 2-0 down and playing crap before any of the injuries/substitutions came along.

How awful for us then lose Hanley (looked genuine), Hoilett and Yakubu in such quick succession. You could not have planned it better Mr. Coco.

After that bad luck or call it want you want there was no reason to slander Givet in the Press Kean slams Givet attitude - as you also say in the LT - Kean said: “I spoke with Gael earlier on this morning and after a chat with him it was very apparent that he was nowhere near in the right mindset to be involved. I don't want to go into the reasons why, we will keep that private.” So Coco please STFU.

Coco is trying to get us to believe that he was only checking with Givet on the morning of the game??? This is a made up story to give Kean cover for the Swansea loss and helps the eventual departure of Givet become acceptable to Rovers fans by casting Givet in a bad light.

Kean if you self ignited I would not p1ss on you.

Kean said after the Bolton home game 'I would be 100% shocked if I was sacked'

With his record at the time ,that was a brave statement , any other club would have fired him ...

He is without doubt implicated in all that is wrong with the club !!

Exactly, he knew he wouldn't be sacked, stinks doesn't it Waggy :angry2:

I sit here week after week hoping this man never gets another job in football when he's finally relieved of his duties here.

I'm not a bitter and twisted person, but this man is a snake a liar and a fraud :angry2:

The decision to not select Gael Givet beggars belief!

I don't care what frame of mind the guy is in, he is one of the only players in our squad who I would trust to give his all regardless of the circumstances.

+1,000,000

I am still trying to come to terms with the performance of N'Zonzi yesterday, he just did not try. How can a manager put up with that sort of attitude. Only Coco can answer that one. He seems to consider himself a bit of a shrink so maybe he should work out what's going on in N'Zonzi's head.

In this morning's Observer reporter made it clear Givet is a desperate want-away. The humiliation of the Arsenal defeat clearly did for him. And he is one of our top three players. Samba too, desperate want-away. Kean should play him anyway. We are 2-7 on to go down now. Even Wolves and Connor have more fight and pride than us (bar Robbo, Dunn, Lowe, Orr). The way Nzonzi stood off Sigurdsson for their first goal, and Dann's pathetic clearance for their second a disgrace. Players did respect Sam. They don't respect Kean. Venkys were grandiose first 4 months from their purchase. After they realized what they had got into and have been trying to cut their losses. Every penny they walk away with from our parachute, will come off the selling price of the club. Even the Trust's 3 million a year cannot keep us up long term. We have a 20,000 fan base at cheap tickets. More than 15 clubs in the country have a 35,000 plus fan base at 50% higher ticket prices. Do the maths. Not rocket science, we need to sell on average £10m of players, net to have chance of staying up. We have done this for 12-14 years. Yet we can regroup in Championship, or even in Div 1. Getting rid of high wages means no receivership next year in Championship. We can recover and be an honest club again like Swansea, Norwich, Reading, etc. I'm as depressed as anybody. But even with the Trust's 3 m/year, we could not stay up really long term.

Kean can't really keep telling the media he has the support of the dressing room if we have so many players who 'want away', can he?

Kean can say whatever the hell he likes, to be brutally honest. :(

Kean can't really keep telling the media he has the support of the dressing room if we have so many players who 'want away', can he?

He can continue saying what he likes because nobody pulls him up, and when they do his media tea boy Agnew cuts them out of the picture.

Kean said after the Bolton home game 'I would be 100% shocked if I was sacked'

With his record at the time ,that was a brave statement , any other club would have fired him ...

With all respect it wasn't brave at all Waggy76,it was nothing more than pure arrogance designed to wind up the fans further (he's been doing it all season) safe in the knowledge that he is an integral part of this charade and unsackable.

So quitting would do him loads of favours?

I couldnt give a crap about it doing him favours, i couldnt care less if he never got another job again and ends up pennyless and in a mental asylum. Cudnt give one.

What i do care about that the longer he's in charge of rovers, being a crap manager and making up lies at any given opportunity, the more it damages BRFC.

I think most of the players that (so far) have wanted away have had previous baggage (e.g Samba wanted away for a while, Givet hasn't been totally happy since the tax issues which went back to the previous regime, Andrews fell out with the fans as much as the management).

Somehow Kean has managed to keep a fairly tight lid on any dissent hitting the press - even players that have left have been on the whole fairly guarded in any criticism of Kean or the club (EHD possibly the one exception).

This summer could be the time when the doggy do hits the fan - don't expect players to openly criticise Kean - but I would expect a number of our better players to try to get moves away from the club. Though there are always rumours about our better players - so far we have (if the press are to believed) Givet, Nzonzi, Hoilett, Olsson, Yak & Dann all trying to get moves away. To be honest, with the exception of Dann - we will really will be in trouble (even if we stay up) if we lose half of these players.

I think most of the players that (so far) have wanted away have had previous baggage (e.g Samba wanted away for a while, Givet hasn't been totally happy since the tax issues which went back to the previous regime, Andrews fell out with the fans as much as the management).

Somehow Kean has managed to keep a fairly tight lid on any dissent hitting the press - even players that have left have been on the whole fairly guarded in any criticism of Kean or the club (EHD possibly the one exception).

This summer could be the time when the doggy do hits the fan - don't expect players to openly criticise Kean - but I would expect a number of our better players to try to get moves away from the club. Though there are always rumours about our better players - so far we have (if the press are to believed) Givet, Nzonzi, Hoilett, Olsson, Yak & Dann all trying to get moves away. To be honest, with the exception of Dann - we will really will be in trouble (even if we stay up) if we lose half of these players.

They'll all be sold whether they want to go or not!

He can continue saying what he likes because nobody pulls him up, and when they do his media tea boy Agnew cuts them out of the picture.

I feel Kean's crew have managed to do a good job turning things around from a media point of view. Most of the negative press seems to be against the fans now. I haven't even heard anything from the regulars - what's happened to Oliver Holt - he's usually first to stick the boot in?!

Kean just seems to be Teflon coated. :angry2:

what's happened to Oliver Holt - he's usually first to stick the boot in?!

liam sullivan ‏ @liamsullivan81

And the press @OllieHoltMirror @RobbieSavage8 included want Kean as manager of the year? #hypocrisyinthemedia

Oliver Holt Oliver Holt ‏ @OllieHoltMirror

@liamsullivan81 @RobbieSavage8 I don't want him as manager of the year. Just think he's shown a degree of courage under fire

Can anyone that went yesterday tell us how the travelling fans reacted to the defeat? Was a feeling of resignation or anger?

A mixture I would say but mostly resignation. I couldnt be arsed stopping till the end, went on 75 mins, there was no point stopping any longer. there was already many people in the pub whod gone before us too.

People were gettin pretty angry durin the game n i gather the reception at the end was too.'you're taking us down, you're taking us down, stve kean and venkys, you're taking us down.' Wish we could get this going for the entire game on sat, but i cant see it.

liam sullivan ‏ @liamsullivan81

And the press @OllieHoltMirror @RobbieSavage8 included want Kean as manager of the year? #hypocrisyinthemedia

Oliver Holt Oliver Holt ‏ @OllieHoltMirror

@liamsullivan81 @RobbieSavage8 I don't want him as manager of the year. Just think he's shown a degree of courage under fire

And there it is....

Thanks Matty. Some interesting tweets there, including this:

liam sullivan (@liamsullivan81)

4/15/12 10:55 AM

@OllieHoltMirror your next article could be how one of the oldest, proudest and well run clubs in the country is being destroyed.....

I can't ever see Holt writing that one, can you?

Archived