BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Swansea v Rovers Preview

After reading through your many posts tonight following the game, I can only conclude that you are on Rovers payroll, or a member of your family is.

We are virtually down, and have owners that don't give two ###### either way, yet you continue with your usual bullshit and have the temerity to call other people "knob".

Rovers have never been in the Championship before, and I say that to highlight the fact that the world of football has moved on. Do you really think this relegation is going to be like '99? If you do, then you really are completely and utterly deluded.

So which posts do you disagree with?

The ones where I've said Kean isn't up to the job?

Or the ones that state Venkys are the real problem?

I read Yoda's post out of context, which I have already apologised for.

No I don't believe it will be like 99. But I don't believe either that we will drop through the leagues like a brick in water

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't give a toss. You're only happy on here if you're provoking the consensus because you want some attention. Well done, you've got it.

So now because I don't agree with you and the suicide squad I'm provoking and looking for attention?

bang me on ignore if you want. But the point of message boards is to debate personal opinions. Which I have done.

Only by your stupidity.

That one hurt a little

So which posts do you disagree with?

The ones where I've said Kean isn't up to the job?

Or the ones that state Venkys are the real problem?

I read Yoda's post out of context, which I have already apologised for.

No I don't believe it will be like 99. But I don't believe either that we will drop through the leagues like a brick in water

its defo not like 99....If Venkys and kean are still at the helm this time next year we'll be league 1 bound !

I believe that sticking at a job and trying to improve yourself rather than running away is honourable.

I agree, he's not up to the job. But it's Venkys who need to pull their heads out of the sand.

IF Kean keeps us up, IMO I believe he will walk if things do not change. His stock would rise giving him a better chance of managing a different team. Especially if stories are leaked on how the club is actually run. (considering all rumours of Venky interferance is true)

That's what I would do anyway.

You are just about the last pillock left. Even Braddock has given it away.

You agree "he's not up to the job" but you voted to keep him even if we were relegated (which we will be).

He took the job knowing full well what Venkys were up to. He is part and parcel of this disgraceful process which has brought a once -proud club to ruin and its supporters to despair.

"If Kean keeps us up"------he won't and most of us knew it a long time ago.

He would walk if he kept us up? What planet are you on? He won't walk whatever happens, he has no honour, he will continue to enjoy his superannuation contributions till it all over.

Unlikely to ever get a managership again except at a very low level.

This was a spineless, gutless performance from a bunch of players who, Dunny apart, look totally devoid of any pride or passion for the club. The manager and owners have gathered together a group of players who will struggle to stay in the Championship. Today was the worst yet and goodness knows we've seen some rubbish this season. Little wonder that many of the fans ended up making fun of their own players - what else can you do when the players show so little fight. The sight of Givet warming up on the pitch at half-time, even though the manager hadn't even included him on the bench, was the final insult. Quite frankly these owners, this manager and these players are not fit to grace the Premier League. Today we were a total disgrace from start to finish.

its defo not like 99....If Venkys and kean are still at the helm this time next year we'll be league 1 bound !

I am currently pondering with a fellow season ticket holder whether or not to renew for next season. To be honest, relegated or not - the thought of Kean still in a job is the main thing holding me back.

If relegated it is obvious that our best talent will be sold on to both reduce the wage bill and pay off any outstanding debts - I hope some will be left over for rebuilding. Though I would prefer us to stay up obviously - after today's lack lustre display - the thought of a young hungry team playing in the Championship does have some appeal providing we have a manager capable of managing. Whatever peoples opinion of their ability - Lowe, Hanley and Henley bought much needed hunger back into the squad.

In his commentary Andy Bayes made reference to the attitude of certain players today. Not tracking back when giving away the ball and laughing with an opposition player at 3-0 down for example. Strange things for professional footballers to be doing. Again it comes down to management. If they had any respect or, for want of a better word, fear of their manager (and personal pride of course) this wouldn't be happening. It's perhaps wrong to read too much in to a couple of incidents but it's been going on for a while; the air of casualness, lack of application and sheer professionalism. With the way that things have gone none of this is a surprise it's just sad to see.

Completely right. Always been of the opinion that Kean just tries to play the nice guy all the time with the players, and then more than likely stabs them in the back when they least suspect it (nelsen, salgado, roberts, andrews, etc). Massive shame, tragic even for this club to be heading down. It couldn't have happened to a better run club to be honest, from one of the best run clubs around Rovers must now be one of the worst across Europe. Despite getting stuffed today, I can see Norwich beating us, and with the 3 games that remain after that I simply cannot see any way out for this club. Sunderland and Wolves wins gave everyone false hope. Fully expect QPR to make their home games count so they'll be fine, and Wigan will win 1 more game this season, especially with their final game being to an already relegated Wolves team (i'm assuming they'll be down by then). 7 points needed from 4 games, 2 of which away against teams in the top 6. It shouldn't have come to this.

Getting relegated is one thing. We're not a big club, don't have a huge fanbase and we inevitably end up fighting a relegation battle every 2/3 years, but this is different. To be relegated due to sheer mismanagement, ignorance, naivety and a complete lack of strategy is heartbreaking. We fought to stay in the league for so many years, to see us go down purely down to a lack of interest/investment and effort from Venkys an insult to all the people who kept us in the division over the past decade.

Our owners dont deserve a premiership football team and they're not going to have one for much longer. We can only hope that the damage they've caused isn't irreparable.

Kean will be go eventually. His role won't be forgotten, but its the owners who put him there and the owners who refused to get rid of him over the winter months. I dont doubt that he tried his upmost to keep us up but his lack of experience and complete failure to create any form of defensive organisation has sent us down. He is a man who is woefully under qualified and miles out of his depth, but we knew this the minute he was given the job. The question shouldn't be why couldn't he keep us up, but why on earth was he hired in the first place and then kept on as manager for 18 months?????

At least half our squad isn't anywhere near premiership standard. Robinson, Hoilett and Yakubu apart, I dont think any others would get a game elsewhere in this division. Lowe and Hanley have futures and Martin Olsson will be lucky to find himself on a prem club's subs bench next season.

The little money that we spent last summer was largely wasted. Yakubu has been a revelation but for every goal he has scored, Dann has probably allowed several in at the other end. Formica and Rochina haven't done enough, Vukcevic didn't get a chance, Goodwillie hasn't got the all round game to do well at this level, Orr and Marcus Olsson gave us options but no improvement in quality, I dont know what Modesete is here for, and Kean would rather play players out of position then select Petrovic. If we'd just signed Yakubu and Jermaine Jones last summer I reckon we could have made a better fist of staying up.

There is very little to look forward to. Maybe a short stay in the championship could flush Venky's from the club and in a few years we could be back in the prem. That is as optimistic as I can view it. In the short term, a large turnover of players and hopefully a new manager is the best we can reasonably hope for.

I am currently pondering with a fellow season ticket holder whether or not to renew for next season. To be honest, relegated or not - the thought of Kean still in a job is the main thing holding me back.

If relegated it is obvious that our best talent will be sold on to both reduce the wage bill and pay off any outstanding debts - I hope some will be left over for rebuilding. Though I would prefer us to stay up obviously - after today's lack lustre display - the thought of a young hungry team playing in the Championship does have some appeal providing we have a manager capable of managing. Whatever peoples opinion of their ability - Lowe, Hanley and Henley bought much needed hunger back into the squad.

Despite relegation there is always hope that the team can bounce back and rebuild, Birmingham being a great example, Chris Hughton has built a really good side there in his first season, from a team that was ripped apart in the summer. Unfortunately for us, we have an idiot in charge of BRFC who isn't fit to clean the toilets at Ewood never mind rebuild a team to fight for promotion. Shudder!

The past 4 games have also nailed the myth that the players are "playing for the manager". The truth is they are playing for no one, not for the club, not for the fans, not for themselves, and certainly not the manager. The exception today was David Dunn, who defied age and lack of fitness to put in a decent shift, but the rest are clearly going through the motions to the end of the season and the summer when the better ones will leave the club. No doubt their agents have arranged an exit route already. This hurts more than the relegation of 1966, I cannot watch Match of the Day and I am dreading the next match coming round. I just want this agony to be over as quickly as possible.

You couldn't pick your nose, have you got anything right yet merc? :lol:

At least broke even as had Seabass e/w @ 22/1, bet placed earlier in week with PaddyP !

Wife also disappointed. She had a weekend in Dublin riding on it !

So quitting would do him loads of favours?

Who does McClaren manage now?

If you've no confidence in yourself then why would anyone have any in you?

Go and learn how to debate, then you might add something to the messageboard.

That post is one of many which shows to me that you are simply a wind-up merchant.

The fact that you were the first to vote for keeping Kean even if we are relegated says it all.

A Burnley fan I'd guess.

The past 4 games have also nailed the myth that the players are "playing for the manager".

Don't think it was previously a myth - somehow, against all the odds I think he did manage to get them (on the whole) to put decent effort in - however something has changed in the last four games.

In comparison to last season we have a far younger and less experienced squad - now the chips are down possibly this inexperience is catching up with them as the pressure starts to tell.

We have looked leggy and weary at times - many speculate about the training - but it is just as likely to be as much physiological as anything else. Added to this is surely the fact that the players won't be ignorant to all the rumours surrounding our owners, finances and the manager - which all adds to the pressure on what is a young team.

arran I have several questions to put to you

1. Is it fair that a manager who is so out of his depth takes a club down without thinking of the circumstances of what would happen in terms of innocent people losing their jobs because of 1 mans failings?

2. You state it is better to stick at your job see it to the end so who do you think is the better man Steve McClaren who resigned knowing he could take a club down and innocent people could lose their jobs or the clown in charge of us who is determined to hold onto his job and take everyone else with him knowing innocent people will be made redundant due to his selfish actions who would you say is the better man?

3. On the subject of redundancies innocent people will lose their jobs Blackburn as a town is small they will find it very difficult to find new jobs they might suffer problems depression putting an even greater burden on the nhs do you honestly think coco is thinking about them while collecting his undeserved pay cheque? Will he guarantee those people jobs and secure their financial future after all this is a manager who has lied under oath?

To conclude the clown in charge of us took on this job anyone would have taken it however sitting back destroying the club while collecting his pay cheque which he has not even earnt it makes him just as culpable as venkys they both have to accept responsibility for the mess we are in coco as much for watching while innocent people have to bear the cut backs.

• Backroom

I still believe sticking at a job is more honourable than downing tools and quitting

In some cases you're right, however you're taking an incredibly simplistic view of Kean's decision to stay as manager.

Kean knows that he is out of his depth. No matter how much belief he has in himself the statistics do not lie, he will most likely go down as the worst Rovers manager ever, despised by 99% of the fanbase and only employed because he wormed his way in despite being woefully under-qualified.

You are right in saying Venky's are at fault for hiring him and also for not sacking him. HOWEVER, to completely absolve Kean of blame and to further state it's honourable for him to continue is just a complete misunderstanding of the situation.

Aside from knowing he is terrible at his job, Kean also knows that the survival of Blackburn Rovers is vital to many businesses and our relegation will ensure the loss of numerous jobs and perhaps entire businesses who rely on Rovers being at the very least a well-run club, leaving a lot of people with uncertain futures. It will also crush the spirits of many die-hard Rovers supporters who have sacrificed so much to follow their team - some for decades. The fallout for the entire town of Blackburn will be horrific.

You're telling me, despite knowing all of this, Kean is doing the honourable thing by staying, rather than quitting and giving the club a fighting chance of staying in the league by appointing somebody else?

There is no dignity in dragging the club into the abyss along with people's livelihoods and dreams. Kean deserves every piece of stick he gets and I hope his utter failure here haunts him until the day he dies. Unfortunately, I doubt he cares that much. Once he's out of here he'll have made enough money to live comfortable for the rest of his life.

Kean knows that he is out of his depth. No matter how much belief he has in himself the statistics do not lie,

Not certain on this aspect - I could pick at a number of statistics that would show we have been unlucky this season - even other managers and pundits agree how unlucky we have been. He has had to deal with tough financial restrictions which have meant we have lost three excellent centre halves, been unable to play an experienced forward or even more experienced right back. All this against a back drop of totally unwarranted fan abuse.

Before anyone trys to stalk me and my family at our local restuarant (McDonalds :rolleyes: ) - not my opinion, but how he could easily persuade himself that he is the latest great manager to come out of Glasgow.

Personally I don't think he will resign even if we are relegated - and my biggest fear is that our owners will decide that it is too expensive to sack him.

I could pick at a number of statistics that would show we have been unlucky this season - even other managers and pundits agree how unlucky we have been. He has had to deal with tough financial restrictions which have meant we have lost three excellent centre halves, been unable to play an experienced forward or even more experienced right back. All this against a back drop of totally unwarranted fan abuse.

Rubbish. Kean has not bbeen unlucky - he has been incompetent. An unlucky manager does not break the club's goals against record, but a bad one does. An unlucky manager does not manage to snatch a defeat out of the jaws of victory or a draw so many times, but a bad one does. Of course "pundits" and other managers are backing him because they are all friends and they all stick togther.

Even now you are making excuses for this pitiful manager.

Archived