BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Swansea v Rovers Preview

Rubbish. Kean has not bbeen unlucky - he has been incompetent. An unlucky manager does not break the club's goals against record, but a bad one does. An unlucky manager does not manage to snatch a defeat out of the jaws of victory or a draw so many times, but a bad one does. Of course "pundits" and other managers are backing him because they are all friends and they all stick togther.

Even now you are making excuses for this pitiful manager.

Agree, simply look at his PL record over 55 games.

Truly appalling - no excuses.

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not certain on this aspect - I could pick at a number of statistics that would show we have been unlucky this season - even other managers and pundits agree how unlucky we have been. He has had to deal with tough financial restrictions which have meant we have lost three excellent centre halves, been unable to play an experienced forward or even more experienced right back. All this against a back drop of totally unwarranted fan abuse.

Before anyone trys to stalk me and my family at our local restuarant (McDonalds :rolleyes: ) - not my opinion, but how he could easily persuade himself that he is the latest great manager to come out of Glasgow.

Personally I don't think he will resign even if we are relegated - and my biggest fear is that our owners will decide that it is too expensive to sack him.

I agree with some of the stuff you say, it's very hard to judge a manager when he does'nt get to sign the players he wants ( A repected person stated albeit on twitter than when Jordan Slew turned up for training Kean asked "who are you ") or he has the financial restraints placed upon his team selection.

What I cant respect him or accept him for is the fact that he is a total yes man and is certainly not good enough for the job, as a massively proud person I would have told Venky's to stick the job up their arse regardless of any money offer, I would'nt be made the fall guy for their antics, I also despise the way he lets JA paint him as a saint in the press and the guy is a liar, plain and simple for no reason, "top four finish", "I must have been spiked", "no I dont have a dog".

The guy reeks of desperation and is clearly way out of his depth, instead of retaining his dignity and walking away he chooses to stay loose any credibility he may have had and send us down to the depths with the owners of hell.

All the press have a massive boner for him and his plight at our club, they admire him for the abuse he has been able to take, they back him because of his thick skin, the other managers all back him because he is one of the boys, now somebody answer me this, WHO in all of the clubs in the prem or even the championship will hire him? His record speaks speaks for itself Played 55 Won 12 lost 28 goals against 105 and that is all any chairman will see, will he be hired as a coach? Well considering Big Sam will be more respected throughout the game than Kean will I dont think teams will be knocking on his door in their droves.

When he leaves this club his football career at this lvl will be over and it's simply because the guy has no pride and humility.

Not certain on this aspect - I could pick at a number of statistics that would show we have been unlucky this season - even other managers and pundits agree how unlucky we have been. He has had to deal with tough financial restrictions which have meant we have lost three excellent centre halves, been unable to play an experienced forward or even more experienced right back. All this against a back drop of totally unwarranted fan abuse.

Oh FFS. If our own supporters are peddling this nonsense what chance do we have of convincing anybody else?

His record alone should ensure that supporters protest his continued presence at the club.

Rubbish. Kean has not bbeen unlucky - he has been incompetent. An unlucky manager does not break the club's goals against record, but a bad one does. An unlucky manager does not manage to snatch a defeat out of the jaws of victory or a draw so many times, but a bad one does. Of course "pundits" and other managers are backing him because they are all friends and they all stick togther.

Petty squabbles aside, Jim, you are spot on. I don't know how our own supporters can still make excuses for this man.

I don't even think our side is THAT bad. Certainly weaker, no doubt, but the right manager could instil the discipline needed to give us a fighting chance at least. With Kean in charge there's no organisation, no fight, no nothing.

I was at Swansea today, and for me today was like Forest in '99. It was the day we were crushed. Shearer was right on MOTD. Moving Martin O back to defensIve left back deprived us of our third best attacking player after Yak and Hoillett. The other massive mistake we made was not paying for Jermaine Jones when P Jones was gone and we knew Samba would go. Finally Nzonzi has gone SO badly off the boil. I think we'll beat Norwich. But don't think we'll beat Wigan at home.

Quite correct Jim. 22 games we've lost so far this season [yes, 22 games] - and it wont finish there. Luck really doesn't come into that statistic.

Hello Super Arran,

I've no idea who you are, where you come from, how old you are. Not that any of this is relevant.

What is relevant is the old saying "When you are in a hole stop digging."

I've no idea why on earth you are continuing your defence of the team (it is clearly completely demotivated;) Steve Kean (who is utterly out of his depth, and incapable of managing a football team and delusional that he can do so;) nor of the owners of Rovers (who are also clearly completely ignorant & incapable.)

You are a bit like Captain Edward John Smith* complaining that your tea only had one sugar lump in it.

Get on board with the rest of us, stop hanging on to that very thin thread of self-respect that you seem to have. Admirable though it is.

* He was the Captain of a ship that met an iceberg about 100 years ago. Much like when Rovers met Venkys.

Quite correct Jim. 22 games we've lost so far this season [yes, 22 games] - and it wont finish there. Luck really doesn't come into that statistic.

28 times this season we have conceded 2 goals or above.

Horrendous and not down to bad luck.

Quite obvious Keen has no idea how to set up a team to defend properly.

The decision to not select Gael Givet beggars belief!

I don't care what frame of mind the guy is in, he is one of the only players in our squad who I would trust to give his all regardless of the circumstances.

I know it's hard and completely undeserved but all we can do as fans now is get behind the team for these last four games.

We are not statistically relegated and I'm not giving up hope yet!

The decision to not select Gael Givet beggars belief!

I don't care what frame of mind the guy is in, he is one of the only players in our squad who I would trust to give his all regardless of the circumstances.

I know it's hard and completely undeserved but all we can do as fans now is get behind the team for these last four games.

We are not statistically relegated and I'm not giving up hope yet!

I assume you weren't at Swansea? These players have given up. They know that come the summer that many will have found pastures new. On the evidence of what we have seen in recent weeks we will be lucky to pick up another point.

If we play as we did today against Norwich I suspect Kean, Venky's and the players are going to get a very hostile reception at Ewood next week. Many of us have spent a considerable amount of money and time following this bunch of no-hopers around the country this season and to witness the gutless effort displayed at Swansea was the final straw. The bottom line is that we don't have the players who are good enough to grace the Premier League. Venky's have appointed a second rate manager and bought third rate players and all the support in the world isn't going to hide the fact that we simply aren't good enough!

this whole luck thing dosnt work for me.

We've had our fair share of luck this season, the difference is we dont take advantage.

I.e. The corner against Wigan that shouldnt have been allowed, We've had numerous clear penalties not given against us.

The Everton match at Ewood, We get 2 penalties.One was not a penalty, but we miss both.Everton get given one and score.

So to say Steve Kean is unlucky l'm sorry but no, He's just a very bad manager and out of his depth.

At least broke even as had Seabass e/w @ 22/1, bet placed earlier in week with PaddyP !

Wife also disappointed. She had a weekend in Dublin riding on it !

It ran a good race merc, was very unlucky not to win.

Anyone else think one of the Norwich/Wigan games will be what Forest at home was in 1999? Equally as important, yet it seems clear the boys have lost all fight.

Events of this season will have demoralised them. We have parted with too many senior players that the younger players respect and luck up to. Kean can get away with continually lying to us but he cannot continually lie to the players and get away with it.

Before anyone trys to stalk me and my family at our local restuarant (McDonalds :rolleyes: ) - not my opinion, but how he could easily persuade himself that he is the latest great manager to come out of Glasgow.

Steve Kean hasn't been unlucky, he's been inept DMTP.

We've won 12 games out of 55 I believe, do you recall him holding his hands up and saying "I got it wrong" I certainly can't, and he's gotten it wrong many many times.

As for fan abuse, I'm surprised that we find fellow supporters buying into this bullsh1t. I can only recall a couple of games during his reign when he got grief from all sides of the ground, and that was deserved. Other than that its been small pockets and nothing in the grand scheme of things. The fans should be applauded for not getting on his back earlier, it was some 30 games into his reign before the grumblings started, unheard of anywhere else I’d wager.

The bottom line is the buck stops with the manager, he's responsible for the team, he's responsible for results, he should have shown dignity and walked by now, I certainly would have....

even now if the troops can be rallied it only drags us to the average team we are. It doesn't guarantee any points return. The game is up and has been for some time. Kean has said we need 2 wins and a draw and there's no chance of that happening. Kean's ideal is it goes to the last game and if it goes wrong he can slope off into the summer having to only answer minimal questions from the press.

Events of this season will have demoralised them. We have parted with too many senior players that the younger players respect and luck up to. Kean can get away with continually lying to us but he cannot continually lie to the players and get away with it.

Sure initially the younger players would have been grateful for their chance therefore putting in a good shift would be the case - however as time goes on, the fact Kean is not management material, becomes all too clear for everyone to see.

Being overly positive/delusional won't be helping matters plus you can just sense his man management skills are horrendous.

Jim (and it would appear you aren't alone) - but do you actually read posts before you go on the attack ?

I was commenting on a previous post where the poster had commented that Kean knows how poor he is - my point was that he could easily convince himself that he was doing a good job. I thought the sentence not my opinion but how he could convince himself was a bit of a giveaway really.

I realise emotions are running high at the moment - there is nobody more depressed than I am at the moment - but please take time to read the whole post before going on the attack.

it's very hard to judge a manager when he does'nt get to sign the players he wants ( A repected person stated albeit on twitter than when Jordan Slew turned up for training Kean asked "who are you ") or he has the financial restraints placed upon his team selection.

I can't accept this - I think he has got players he wanted (maybe not value wise)that have been brought in, and even with the constraints it was upto him to have turned around and say he could not run the team if this was so.

Everyone and his dog could see what was happening and if he believes he was unsackable should just have done what he wanted and played players regardless and effectively given us the strongest( :rock: ) team available on the pitch.

He has been shown to be exactly what he is - a deluded yes man moron living in dreamland and way out of his depth.

On another issue aside though - I am glad the buffoon wasn't given decent monies to spend.

He deserves all the stick he gets and more - he has derided us the fans and contributed to the mockery that was once a very fine club.

Oh FFS. If our own supporters are peddling this nonsense what chance do we have of convincing anybody else?

His record alone should ensure that supporters protest his continued presence at the club.

If some people on the MB can't read a full post without jumping on the poster - what chance of them not getting hold of totally the wrong end of the stick ?

Not certain on this aspect - I could pick at a number of statistics that would show we have been unlucky this season - even other managers and pundits agree how unlucky we have been.

Was it good luck that won us the title all those years ago? I don't think so, I think we deserved it.

So, is it bad luck that will get us relegated? I don't think so. Guess what?

Kean said after the Bolton home game 'I would be 100% shocked if I was sacked'

With his record at the time ,that was a brave statement , any other club would have fired him ...

He is without doubt implicated in all that is wrong with the club !!

Truly diabolical yesterday, when the players stop playing relegation is confirmed and yesterday the fat lady sang. I've lost the anger now and hurt has set in, I'm hurt because I feel nothing for the club anymore because I can change nothing. We are rotten to the core, we have players who don't give a flying f8!k (bar dunn, lowe and robbo) and are clearly more interested in sorting next seasons move than the fight this season. I'm maybe strange but I get more from seeing us standing and fighting and showing true grit than playing fancy football, I remember earlier on in the season when Salgado flew in for a 50/50 taking man and ball, all of Ewood rose to their feet and applauded and cheered as he showed fight and passion which we love, I don't think we have won a 50/50 since! We have a manager who is clueless but yet has the backing of pretty much everybody within the game, we really are the skidmark on the underpants of the premier league and everybody wants rid. The owners have done nothing bar asset strip and even the biggest Blackburn critic can surely see that but no us supporters are to blame, if somebody asked me 18 months ago what my nightmare would be for Venkys to do I couldn't have allowed myself to even think this! Decided not to bother with the Norwich game as I've been offered overtime at work and in the real world I need to pay the mortgage, this will be the first time in 27 years I have CHOSE to miss a game, apologises if this makes me a bad fan.

Archived