BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Swansea v Rovers Preview

Can anyone that went yesterday tell us how the travelling fans reacted to the defeat? Was a feeling of resignation or anger?

Anger at both Kean and Venky's and clearly resignation that relegation is now a certainty. A number of the players came in for grief - and quite right too. Dunny apart, and perhaps Robbo, the rest looked as if they couldn't care less and too many are simply not good enough. The back four in particular got turned inside out and looked completely out of their depths.

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John Hartson's opinion on another masterclass from Kean and the players. He tweeted Blackburn were a disgrace today Swansea won in every single department.talk about players fighting for survival.shameful..

Yet you still hear that Kean retains the dressing room, they are fighting for the club, that they are all behing him.

Rubbish.

When the going gets tough, the Rovers concede at least 3.

Can anyone that went yesterday tell us how the travelling fans reacted to the defeat? Was a feeling of resignation or anger?

Completely and utterly dejected Gav. Yesterday was as bad as it gets. Resignation AND anger. We left shortly into the 2nd half. Couldn't bear to even look at that tosser on the touchline. He doesn't give a damn, not one iota. The players didn't put it in. They werent up for it. It was a passionless performance.

If I tell you I've not been as upset at a match since Palace then you'll know where I'm coming from mate.

Which is strange as I've known that the whole club is snide for months (since we signed The Agents son). Clearly relegation was always the plan. I have no idea why.

I hope Kean, Agnew and Venkys burn in bloody hell. I read about Press conferences and cover ups. Well good luck with all that. Everyone can see what's going on. You'll all get what's coming your way one day.

I tell you another thing about yesterdays shambles was how quiet the fans were. I was standing at the back and along with a few others tried to generate some noise but it was all in vain. Everyone was sitting in silence, resigned to relegation even when it was 0-0. Apparently only 600 turned up too.

Where's the passion and fight? Yes the players were ###### but we go till then end! It was probably the worst experience of following Rovers ever!

Nobody looked interested and didn't want to be there apart from Dunn and he's past it at this level.

Absolute disgrace and we deserve to go down. It's going to take a miracle to survive now.

Should of played the youth team!

Completely and utterly dejected Gav. Yesterday was as bad as it gets. Resignation AND anger. We left shortly into the 2nd half. Couldn't bear to even look at that tosser on the touchline. He doesn't give a damn, not one iota. The players didn't put it in. They werent up for it. It was a passionless performance.

If I tell you I've not been as upset at a match since Palace then you'll know where I'm coming from mate.

Which is strange as I've known that the whole club is snide for months (since we signed The Agents son). Clearly relegation was always the plan. I have no idea why.

I hope Kean, Agnew and Venkys burn in bloody hell. I read about Press conferences and cover ups. Well good luck with all that. Everyone can see what's going on. You'll all get what's coming your way one day.

The reason I didn't go yesterday Bob was for the word you used - ANGER. At West Brom last week I was so angry that I vowed I wasn't going to put myself through it again and feel so angry and frustrated. I can accept defeat, I can accept under par performances from players but what I can't accept is players going through the motions under the guise of caring.

My feelings towards Kean, Agnew, Anderson and Venkys are 100% resentment bordering on hatred.

Thanks for the insight, nothing more to be said, hope you drank enough to forget :tu:

I am still trying to come to terms with the performance of N'Zonzi yesterday, he just did not try. How can a manager put up with that sort of attitude. Only Coco can answer that one. He seems to consider himself a bit of a shrink so maybe he should work out what's going on in N'Zonzi's head.

There's absolutely no competition for Nzonzi's place in the team, which means he can do whatever he wants and still be picked to start the next game... Not replacing Jermaine Jones (Petrovic is nowhere near the same type of player) is probably the one decision made this summer with the biggest bearing on our hellish season.

The reason I didn't go yesterday Bob was for the word you used - ANGER. At West Brom last week I was so angry that I vowed I wasn't going to put myself through it again and feel so angry and frustrated. I can accept defeat, I can accept under par performances from players but what I can't accept is players going through the motions under the guise of caring.

My feelings towards Kean, Agnew, Anderson and Venkys are 100% resentment bordering on hatred.

Me too . I was going to go ,booked premier inn near Ebbw Vale but I was angry after Bolton a game in which we made no attempt to equalise ....

Havnt been home long - 6 hour drive from Swansea this afternoon with a car full. ticket, hotel, travel and a few cheeky beers - probably over £100 spent. For what - basically for a night out in Swansea with a cracking group of people, and have a laugh with some other good 'uns in the ground and the local public houses.

Sadly the football on display was dire - I reckon I put more effort in to get there than most players did on the field yesterday, completely disinterested. Im not sure anyone we spoke to thinks we are staying up after that. 7 points someone said - more likely to get none!

As the second half progressed the atmosphere got to a strange mixture of humour, anger and resignation to the inevitable (perhaps?) - having a laugh (in the main) with each other, but serious venom towards the manager. I really couldnt say what will happen next week, or against Wigan with the mood.

Also noted that only TWO players came and acknowledged the supporters - the same two as always, Robbo and Bradley Orr. PEdersen started to, but turned around with the chorus of boos that greeted him - not sure why he was again singled out - probably as Andrews has now gone they needed someone to take it out on. Pedersen is the wrong man.

It breaks my heart to see OUR club falling to these levels, it really is a sad state of affairs.

God knows why were seem to have agreed to go to Chelsea - morbid fascination probably.

The lads I bought actually ended up feeling sorry for me. They're all football fans and a number of them play local football, the general concensus was that we looked worse than a Sunday league team. I was asked if we always back off and allow players to either cross the ball or shoot, unfortunately I had to say its been a common theme of this season.

As someone who witnessed about 75 minutes of yesterday's game, the only highlight for me was the chant of "Steve Kean and Venkys, you're taking us down"

With the exception of Dunn, Robbo and Lowe, no one else looked interested and with the contractual issues, the Givet issues and now the injury issues, I don't see where or how we can pick up another point, let alone win 2 games !

Yet more bull from the King of Spin will no doubt still have the last few remaining believers hooked but I am sure the majority now realise the fate that awaits us...RELEGATION !

One friend even expressed disappointment if we now were to actually stay up having now considered some of the excellent away trips that await us in the Championship

However, I can take some positives (without wanting to sound like Keano the Clown) but I thought Swansea was a great night out ! Thanks to the jolly decent chaps who took us to the Wern pub for a beer after the game and for trying to keep our spirits up ! Finally, thanks to all the lovely ladies of Swansea who all made our evening a memorable one, especially the oompa loompas and the Hen party who all wore slinky black numbers...absolutely stunning !

Also noted that only TWO players came and acknowledged the supporters - the same two as always, Robbo and Bradley Orr. PEdersen started to, but turned around with the chorus of boos that greeted him - not sure why he was again singled out - probably as Andrews has now gone they needed someone to take it out on. Pedersen is the wrong man..

This depresses me. It can't have been fun watching players not giving their all but this is a downward spiral.

With our likely "transfer (non)budget" and Kean in charge, I dread to think of the kind of dregs we are going to sign next year.

• Backroom

Also noted that only TWO players came and acknowledged the supporters - the same two as always, Robbo and Bradley Orr. PEdersen started to, but turned around with the chorus of boos that greeted him - not sure why he was again singled out - probably as Andrews has now gone they needed someone to take it out on. Pedersen is the wrong man.

The sight of Pedersen laughing with the Swansea players whilst he was on the pitch and we were falling to another crushing defeat probably didn't help his popularity.

Orr seems like a decent sort, surprisingly. Am guessing he'll be sticking around for the next campaign in t'championship. Think he'd be pretty good in that division.

I think most of the players that (so far) have wanted away have had previous baggage (e.g Samba wanted away for a while, Givet hasn't been totally happy since the tax issues which went back to the previous regime, Andrews fell out with the fans as much as the management).

Somehow Kean has managed to keep a fairly tight lid on any dissent hitting the press - even players that have left have been on the whole fairly guarded in any criticism of Kean or the club (EHD possibly the one exception).

This summer could be the time when the doggy do hits the fan - don't expect players to openly criticise Kean - but I would expect a number of our better players to try to get moves away from the club. Though there are always rumours about our better players - so far we have (if the press are to believed) Givet, Nzonzi, Hoilett, Olsson, Yak & Dann all trying to get moves away. To be honest, with the exception of Dann - we will really will be in trouble (even if we stay up) if we lose half of these players.

Fully expect a Venkys firesale and it is true that a fair few who have left had baggage, but the likes of Emerton, Nelsen and Jones didn't I still have the feeling Jones would of stayed for one more season with Sam or another decent quality manager, also feel Jnr would of signed a contract.. but that is all conjecture, I do fear what is coming next whatever way you look at it this is going to be an awful summer.

Just seemed to be an acceptance of our impending doom and a degree of anger Gav.

Worst performance I can recall. N'Zonzi was shocking as were the majority of his team mates.

Happens when there is no leader on the pitch and a pants manager, not going for someone like caceras, JJ or other player with a bit of tenacity and buying lots of players with 'potential' was always going to be a gamble.. then releasing any player with heart (Nelsen, Emerton, Diouf and hell at least andrews showed passion).. add a manager who has not worked out motivation does not involve praising players on bad days.. and as for Nzonzi..

I am still trying to come to terms with the performance of N'Zonzi yesterday, he just did not try. How can a manager put up with that sort of attitude. Only Coco can answer that one. He seems to consider himself a bit of a shrink so maybe he should work out what's going on in N'Zonzi's head.

Nzonzi for me has always been an over-rated cold fish, never see any passion in him and his form is so eratic it is almost laughable. Was one of the reasons I kept saying we should say him last summer.

Excellent report - a ray of hope that, at last, the penny has dropped with the press:

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Swansea-3-0-Blackburn-Steve-Kean-is-facing-a-dressing-room-war-article890920.html

Tiny bit late, with Yak, Jnr probably out and Hanley out for the rest of the season we have no hope in hell of at least avoiding relegation.. I was in two minds if it would be a good thing (how scary is that) but I honestly can't see Venkys selling the club at least not before they have got their money back which if relegated would involve them selling off our best players.

Press has also done this a couple of times through the season, remember the Mirror article that called Kean delusional..

Nzonzi's done alright in patches and at 1 point had me thinking he was finally goin to make a decent player only to slip back again. The alarming lack of quality around him does not help though. He's far to languid for english football but if he went to France or Spain he'd probably look great.

Archived