BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] honest thoughts

The majority of supporters have seen through the promises made by Kean and Venkys. I didnt believe a thing they said.

I expected nothing but heartache because Kean began his wanton destruction of our club from the very moment he took the hotseat.

He didnt quite manage the drop last season but this season he has succeeded with aplomb. Quite how he has been allowed to take apart the foundation of our once proud club is deplorable.

Despicable clueless Kean deserves to be hounded out and never employed in the football world again.

He has proven himself to be incompetent at football managership, incompetent at tactics or basic football knowledge, he does not know how to set a team to defend or how to send a team out to get a result.

I urge everyone at the match tomorrow to vent their anger at him and him alone.

In answering the main question I expected us to struggle we have and we have paid the ultimate price.

Shame on Kean, Hunt and co youre an absolute disgrace to the memory of Jack Walker and the colours of our once proud club.

I think your thoughts on how we were going to do this year depended on whether or not you believed the "promises". Those who didn't could see this coming, those who did are now sat there with their heads in their hands and are probably more miffed than the non-believers. Either way, we've all been shafted. 18 months to destroy a club, where's Norris Mcwhirter when you need him?

Honest thoughts eh? I saw through these morons from the minute I discovered the Kean/Anderson connection. Then when the signing of Myles Anderson was announced it just confirmed my beliefs. I wasn't one for Internet forums but I started interacting on the telegraph site a bit but man alive that is a poisonous site. I found this site and found a lot of people on here thought exactly like me. Venky's and Kean are a complete joke and have messed the club right up. I sent off my season ticket renewal and received the direct debit form yesterday. It has been shredded. after that bullshit I read from Kean today I can no longer associate myself with a club I have spent 25 years following. I might as well support grampus 8 for all the connection I have with the club, im devastated but it's gone too far now. Complete arseholes, I hate them

In honesty I thought there was a chance things could work out okay in August. We had some decent performances the previous year towards the end of the season, the players we were linked with were decent, there was supposed to be some money to invest. The alarm bells started ringing when none of the decent players we were linked to turned up and the opening performance against Wolves was so utterly poor.

The biggest indictment of signings we have made is that the one player with a real buzz about him when we signed him - Vukcevic - has hardly played. Same goes for Goodwillie and Petrovic. Really abysmal stuff.

Also in the spirit of honesty while things got progressively worse I never thought we could actually go down until the terrible start to the season continued into October, November and early december. The back to back home losses to Bolton and West Brom made it plainly clear we were going down unless something radical happened. It didn't.

I think your thoughts on how we were going to do this year depended on whether or not you believed the "promises". Those who didn't could see this coming, those who did are now sat there with their heads in their hands and are probably more miffed than the non-believers. Either way, we've all been shafted. 18 months to destroy a club, where's Norris Mcwhirter when you need him?

'believers'?? Some people were more optimistic than others but I dont think anyone believed any of the nonsense that Venky's came out with. I, like many, didn't expect Venky's to be as clueless and ignorant as they have been but that doesn't make me a 'believer'. Its very easy to turn around now and say that you saw this all coming. I was glad to be linked to some decent players at the beginning of the summer but I knew full well that we'd probably be in for a long relegation scrap this season.

If we had saved the money spent on Vukcevic, Dann and Petrovic and simply bought Jermaine Jones, I think we may well be half a dozen points better off. Having said that, I want us to go down just so that Venkys and Kean get the humiliation they deserve.

That`s the thing Venkys haven`t failed financially at the club, what I mean is the bills have been paid (eventually)but that`s where the problem lies,as far as Venkys are concerned being a good football club means the books balance.Since they took over they haven`t communicated with the fans because the mindset is confidentiality at all costs,just as any other commercial business would do.as I have often said we are customers and that is it,you pay to watch a football match and that is all you get nothing more nothing less.If they sacked Kean earlier it would have been considered whimsical and shown them as being weak because they had allowed outsiders to influence their decision making.

What we really have to worry about is they don`t accept they or Kean have made mistakes and nothing gets done to correct all the cock ups.If by some miracle we do stay up,you know that it will be seen as Kean being the messiah,if we go down its more likely they`ll get shot of him and that won`t be because he is a crap manager that is completely out of his depth ,it`ll be because he costs to much money.

I didn't believe the hype about the £50m, or biggest budget ever, and didn't think many of the names being bandied about were realistic. I thought we would struggle as long as Kean was in charge. But I didn't think we'd be this poor. I desperately hoped that the decent results in the last few games of last season were an indication that Kean had in fact learned a thing or two. But we all know the answer to that now.

• Backroom

I've had a couple so this may be a bit disjointed or irelevent (more so than normal)

After the Wolves games on the final day I was on the high of my life, Rovers had just been given a second chance and a new life was ahead for me as my son was born the day before, one of those things is still making my life a very happy one, the latter is giving me nothing but heartache.

As summer went by my optimistic view after the wolves game subsided slowly but I still had hope we'd splash some cash later in the window. We didn't. I was at this point worried and angry.

A few days after the window ended we learned of a chance to possibly meet the owners and ask some questions, I took it and felt a bit more secure but in actuality got done for a kipper (hands up, good intentions, no result)

From that point it got worse and worse until it hit its heights at home against Bolton, I spoke to a few at half time in almost good spirits, there was no chance Kean would survive the next day right? Wrong, the club was clearly not ours anymore and the shams we have for owners and their puppet master couldnt care less about us.

Since then we have had a couple of false dawns, at least oil you believe the press but as the weeks have gone on I've felt more and more detached from it all to the point of disinterest almost.

I loved this club, I still love this club but I have to walk away for now, I'm just sorry of what has become of this once great club.

At least I still have memories, you ain't taking them.

Alan Nixon is a two bob hack, nothing more. He used this site for information and teased us with lie after lie until he got busted then took his ball home. He is still defending Kean on Twitter as we speak.

As for Kean, I was gutted with his appointment but willing to give him some time following our last day survival against Wolves last year. This season has been like watching something die a slow, painful death.

How wrong was I?

As wrong as its possible to be. :rock:

The Wolves game. All the optimism created by the last game of the previous season evaporated with as spineless a capitulation to a rubbish team as you'll ever see.

I've had a couple so this may be a bit disjointed or irelevent (more so than normal)

After the Wolves games on the final day I was on the high of my life, Rovers had just been given a second chance and a new life was ahead for me as my son was born the day before, one of those things is still making my life a very happy one, the latter is giving me nothing but heartache.

As summer went by my optimistic view after the wolves game subsided slowly but I still had hope we'd splash some cash later in the window. We didn't. I was at this point worried and angry.

A few days after the window ended we learned of a chance to possibly meet the owners and ask some questions, I took it and felt a bit more secure but in actuality got done for a kipper (hands up, good intentions, no result)

From that point it got worse and worse until it hit its heights at home against Bolton, I spoke to a few at half time in almost good spirits, there was no chance Kean would survive the next day right? Wrong, the club was clearly not ours anymore and the shams we have for owners and their puppet master couldnt care less about us.

Since then we have had a couple of false dawns, at least oil you believe the press but as the weeks have gone on I've felt more and more detached from it all to the point of disinterest almost.

I loved this club, I still love this club but I have to walk away for now, I'm just sorry of what has become of this once great club.

At least I still have memories, you ain't taking them.

Well said Tom.

I had the Venkeys as base liars back then, I had the relationship between Kean and Anderson as definitely suspicious. I saw the two Jones's depart early in the summer. Based on the evidence before my eyes and leaving sentiment aside (something most could not do it seems) I chose not to renew my ST. I have seen nothing to make me regret my judgement.

BRFC is no longer our club under this odious regime and thats that.

Honest thoughts eh? I saw through these morons from the minute I discovered the Kean/Anderson connection. Then when the signing of Myles Anderson was announced it just confirmed my beliefs. I wasn't one for Internet forums but I started interacting on the telegraph site a bit but man alive that is a poisonous site. I found this site and found a lot of people on here thought exactly like me. Venky's and Kean are a complete joke and have messed the club right up. I sent off my season ticket renewal and received the direct debit form yesterday. It has been shredded. after that bullshit I read from Kean today I can no longer associate myself with a club I have spent 25 years following. I might as well support grampus 8 for all the connection I have with the club, im devastated but it's gone too far now. Complete arseholes, I hate them

I remember seeing them in the box behind us the day they took over and the way they kissed the badge and patted their hearts at us was smarmy and I said I didn't like them .

Saw it all coming from the minute we removed a qualified and respected manager and replaced him with a total no mark manager, cheap charlie, with no history, no experience, no expertise, no class and zero ability.

Beckham? Ronaldo? Raul?...My sides are splitting.

Why any fan thought things would be better under Kean with absolutely no evidence to support that view amazed me. Check his CV, it will take you about 5 seconds from top to bottom.

Accused of racism, negativity, being a Samtard for months on end elsewhere. (Strangely, those fans don't post as much now and when they do, get a bit hot and bothered if reminded of their stupidity).

I was very suprised we stayed up last year and thanks to Samba, Nelsen, P.Jones, J.Jones, Roberts, Roberts, Sally, Emo for that. The senior pros dug in, despite Kean's influence.

Kean had the full year to work his magic this time round. Only one possible result with that and even though there are a number of very poor clubs in this league, we have been shocking all year.

Now I will be called a know it all. But the question remains how did our fans fall for the appointment of Kean with absolutely no evidence to show he could do the job. Anyone But Sam is the answer. The Championship is the end result of that idiocy.

Laughably, the football has been far worse under Kean than it ever was under SA. Pretty little triangles of play...... :blink: and lasting damage to our football club.

I have totally ###### myself off renewing my season tickets.

Venky's Out. Kean out. Only One Jack Walker indeed.

Saw it all coming from the minute we removed a qualified and respected manager and replaced him with a total no mark manager, cheap charlie, with no history, no experience, no expertise, no class and zero ability.

Why any fan thought things would be better under Kean with absolutely no evidence to support that view amazed me. Check his CV, it will take you about 5 seconds from top to bottom.

Accused of racism, negativity, being a Samtard for months on end elsewhere. (Strangely, those fans don't post as much now and when they do, get a bit hot and bothered if reminded of their stupidity).

I was very suprised we stayed up last year and thanks to Samba, Nelsen, P.Jones, J.Jones, Roberts, Roberts, Sally, Emo for that. The senior pros dug in, despite Kean's influence.

Kean had the full year to work his magic this time round. Only one possible result with that and even though there are a number of very poor clubs in this league, we have been shocking all year.

Now I will be called a know it all. But the question remains how did our fans fall for the appointment of Kean with absolutely no evidence to show he could do the job. Anyone But Sam is the answer. The Championship is the end result of that idiocy.

Laughably, the football has been far worse under Kean than it ever was under SA. Pretty little triangles of play...... :blink: and lasting damage to our football club.

+ 50,000

Usually managers are appointed with some type of merit to justify their appointment - in our case, this clearly wasn't the case, it is clear why Kean was appointed manager.

His coaching career is pretty average too and if you speak to people on the football circuit they will tell you Kean is a chancer.

Writing was on the wall from the off but if anything fans have been too patient with a man who became manager in the most suspicious of circumstances.

Writing was on the wall from the off but if anything fans have been too patient with a man who became manager in the most suspicious of circumstances.

Do you not think that's part of the reason Rovers were chosen?

Even after last season some were still willing to give him time. Patient and placid is how I would describe Rovers fans and atmosphere, perfect for wrong doing.

HONEST THOUGHT - STEVE KEAN HASNT A CLUE - simples

He feeds the fans bull crap - he feeds the players bull crap - and he must feed the venky's bull crap also

No matter how bad the players do - he must tell them there doing a good job - a PROPER MANAGER wouldnt stand for the rubbish our players put in

There is no doubt something is going behind the scenes - because there is no way Kean deserves to still be in job - also when other managers say Steve kean is doing a good job - surely this a joke - unless the managers know what Kean has to put up with aswell

Fans who wanted rid of Sam Allardyce should look at themselves aswell - atleast under Allardyce we actually put effort in - we actually had a great team bond and the players actually looked like they wanted to play for the club . Now we are a complete shambles - From the owners - to the manager - to the players

Top post matey boy !

I received some pretty nasty personal messages from the pro-Kean camp having a go at me for pointing out the bleeding obvious after Sam was sacked.

Oddly I don't hear from them any more.

Archived