BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] honest thoughts

this thread will probably get deleted but here goes, at the beggining of the season how did everyone think it would pan out when we were hearing stories of piatti, cisse, etc

i honestly beleived that they had learned from there mistakes, would invest some money and we MIGHT have a good season then the signings didnt happen and it went tits up from the start, cant beleive how its come to this!!!

It was exciting hearing all the names we were being linked with but once we realised that it was all talk and no action, I'm pretty sure a lot of supporters have been expecting a decline,

When you sell your best players and replace them with rubbish or no one, then the inevitable will happen.

Well to be honest, i never believed the likes of Piatti & Cisse would be coming in, and we didn't really need players of that expense to kick on either.

We needed a proper manager in place, and two or three solid "premier league" signings, without losing anyone (i know it would have been hard to keep Jones but let's say we did) to keep us around the middle of the table.

If we had kept the same starting 11 that played at Wolves on the last day of last season, which would have meant adding J.Jones, added Yakubu, another central midfielder (Reo-Coker?), a young right back to work with Salgado, i honestly think we could have been sitting half way up the league now.

Never expected anything else. Thought we may stay up - hoping there would be worse teams than us.

Coco The Clown was still at it a few weeks ago. Remember Zenden coming?

Struggling to come to terms with the events of the season.

Ive never actually wished harm on anyone before, but I could gladdy kick kean in the nuts. :angry:

It was all nonsense, purely to get the Venky name in the paper day in day out.

As I said from day one, 'they make little profit, where is the money to bankroll us going to come from?', Of course, I was shouted down by the usual suspects.

this thread will probably get deleted but here goes, at the beggining of the season how did everyone think it would pan out when we were hearing stories of piatti, cisse, etc

i honestly beleived that they had learned from there mistakes, would invest some money and we MIGHT have a good season then the signings didnt happen and it went tits up from the start, cant beleive how its come to this!!!

I thought we'd get relegated given that without SA's points last season we'd have been relegated then.

Despite Kean being clearly out of his depth during his first season in charge, I did wonder if it were just a case of him taking time to adjust to the Premiership. Despite knowing deep down that he and the owners weren't up to it, I hoped that things would begin to improve if we could bring some of the quality players we were promised. It was quickly obvious that this season would just be a continuation of what happened last season under Kean and as long he was in charge, we would be in big trouble. The owners had two clear opportunities to get rid of him; at the end of last season and after the Bolton game. For what ever reason, they didn't pull the trigger and we are in the position we are in because of it.

I started a relegation thread back in August because it was obvious to me we were going to struggle. The moderators deleted it because they don't like me being right all the time.

ill be honest i didnt believe a word and i questioned nicko a lot and lots on here got very angry that he was being questioned. he eventually left this forum after he created mass hysterics and people went mad that he had been driven away. all these stories about how much money we had and our targets were all created by him. i expected us to be in a fight for survival but we are worse than what i expected. losing every bit of experience we had within the team is the biggest loss

I was dead against Kean last season, as quite frankly it was blatently obvious how incompetent he was and we were only heading in one direction under him.

However in the summer I agreed that everyone deserved a fresh start, Kean included.

And then he went and proved his complete incompetence again within a few games.

Being crap is one thing, but being arrogant, snidy and trying to turn fans against each other added into the mix has just made this season the perfect disaster under Kean.

ill be honest i didnt believe a word and i questioned nicko a lot and lots on here got very angry that he was being questioned. he eventually left this forum after he created mass hysterics and people went mad that he had been driven away. all these stories about how much money we had and our targets were all created by him. i expected us to be in a fight for survival but we are worse than what i expected. losing every bit of experience we had within the team is the biggest loss

Alan Nixon is a two bob hack, nothing more. He used this site for information and teased us with lie after lie until he got busted then took his ball home. He is still defending Kean on Twitter as we speak.

As for Kean, I was gutted with his appointment but willing to give him some time following our last day survival against Wolves last year. This season has been like watching something die a slow, painful death.

How wrong was I?

At the end of last season we were shocking, Coco spouted all the usual crap but the only effect his BS had was to infuriate me, I was firmly of the belief that we were very, very lucky to avoid relegation last season and that we had just delayed the inevitable. Unfortunately it looks like I am going to be proved correct, and these scumbag owners and their puppet have truly fekked us.

Alan Nixon is a two bob hack, nothing more. He used this site for information and teased us with lie after lie until he got busted then took his ball home. He is still defending Kean on Twitter as we speak.

As for Kean, I was gutted with his appointment but willing to give him some time following our last day survival against Wolves last year. This season has been like watching something die a slow, painful death.

How wrong was I?

How can Nixon , defend the indefensible ?

Kean Out .Venkys Out all the 90 mins against Wigan .

Honest thought ?

This clueless regime was bound to fail since day one, it's gestapo attitude to any sort of dissent is despicable.

We should raise our voices, smuggling in every piece of anti Venkys/ Kean material we can get our hands on and show the nation what a bunch of thieving, lying bunch of crooks they are.

The very thought that Kean never even said sorry for drink driving and bringing our clubs name down, for me shows just what low life scum, yes scum we are dealing with. We should treat scum as scum and to hell with any consequence.

That is my honest thought.

So much information seemed to contradict itself that I had no idea what to believe, but I was still optimistic until a good month or so into the season. I, like most, saw last season as a fairly lucky escape, but thought that Venkys and Kean would have been given a stern warning and that we would progress. I still think you can point to us being unlucky in many ways, it's not very often that promoted teams do as well as they have this season, but all that said I never in my worst nightmares thought we could have performed so badly this year from top to bottom of the organisation.

Hoped that maybe one or two of the bigger names we had been linked with may have arrived, that Jermaine Jones could have been made permanent and that the likes of Formica/Petrovic/Rochina could step up. Sadly none of that happened. I thought Dann was a smart signing at the time and Yakubu would struggle.

Those stories about who we wanted to sign were leaked more or less a week before the claim your own seat deadline, and then the bank repayment stories were leaked just before the end of the transfer window. Call me cynical, but I don't think they were unrelated.

Honestly thought we would struggle, due to selling our best players and not replacing them.

Coming away from Molineux at the end of last season, it was nice to see a team with a good mix of experience and youngsters, well the experience has gone, and we are about to see our better youngsters go too.

To be perfectly honest coming away from Molineux I was relieved and came away with much optimism expecting us to push on like Venkys promised. To be perfectly honest if I were in charge (I know many will shoot me down for it no disrespect to Wolves under McCarthy). After that first game when we lost I would have given him the bullet. I know it was early but given that Wolves are a pretty poor side and at home against a side likely to struggle I would not have settled for anything less than 3 points. Many may say it was very early and players were played out of position but I would have expected our reserve side to have done a better job than our 1st 11. From that first game onwards I believed the writing was on the wall,to allow him to carry on till xmas was just plain suicide. After Bolton at home with the protests most sane owners would have got rid. I though say with an element of surprise these are clearly clueless owners. I am surprised they have managed to keep venkys chicken going as long after the mess they made here I expected their own businesses to be liquidated by now.

• Backroom

The only 2 signings that had me excited were Petrovic and Yakubu (and only one of those came off well). After selling one Jones and not buying the other, we were always going to struggle. I just never saw it getting as bad as it has. Our current squad under a competent manager is (imo) worthy of 15th up.

To be perfectly honest coming away from Molineux I was relieved and came away with much optimism expecting us to push on like Venkys promised. To be perfectly honest if I were in charge (I know many will shoot me down for it no disrespect to Wolves under McCarthy). After that first game when we lost I would have given him the bullet. I know it was early but given that Wolves are a pretty poor side and at home against a side likely to struggle I would not have settled for anything less than 3 points. Many may say it was very early and players were played out of position but I would have expected our reserve side to have done a better job than our 1st 11. From that first game onwards I believed the writing was on the wall,to allow him to carry on till xmas was just plain suicide. After Bolton at home with the protests most sane owners would have got rid. I though say with an element of surprise these are clearly clueless owners. I am surprised they have managed to keep venkys chicken going as long after the mess they made here I expected their own businesses to be liquidated by now.

Can't argue with any of that. The problem is/was nobody at the club seemed to learn anything from last season.

Archived