BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pre-Season Friendlies

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting ... never been to Bower Fold. Thought they still played their home games at Gigg Lane.

They usually do; but, if, say, there's a fixture clash with Bury [although there isn't with this game], FCUM need alternatives.

Bower Fold seems to be quite easy to get to, even for those who, like me, no longer drive. Postcode is SK15 2RT [Mottram Road, Stalybridge]; for public transport details, check out: http://www.traveline.info

From the above then, we seem to have:

Sat 21 July - Fleetwood 12 o' clock, Accy Stanley 3 pm

Wed - 25 - Rochdale and Hereford (Steve Brent mastered time travel now has he?)

Wed 1st Aug - FC United

Sun 5th Aug - Nijmegen (possibly)

I'm guessing that Sat 28th July and Sat 11th Aug are also prime targets for other friendlies. If anyone has heard anything re. these days, I'd really appreciate it if you would post it on here/pm me as I'm trying to organise something and I don't want it clashing with, say a pre-season weekend in Ireland. Thanks.

Hereford and FC United are reserve team fixtures... there is talk of a tournament in Preston as part of the Presdon Guild on the weekend of the 28th/29th July (Rovers, AEK Athens, Hearts and Preston).

Apart from that, I know nothing...

From the above then, we seem to have:

Sat 21 July - Fleetwood 12 o' clock, Accy Stanley 3 pm

Wed - 25 - Rochdale and Hereford (Steve Brent mastered time travel now has he?)

Wed 1st Aug - FC United

Sun 5th Aug - Nijmegen (possibly)

Is the plan here to pick a load of (with the greatest of respect) god awful teams so it looks like we've actually got some wins under our belt before the new season?

Saying that we'll probably lose these games as well...

No pre-season tour to India?

The Pune tournament was announced at the presentations after the the mid-season-pre-season (possibly live on Indian TV) in Pune, though we were later asked not to repeat that we'd heard that!

Trufax - Shebby Singh, Jerome Anderson, SK's body guard (really nice bloke actually), MG Road and the two Ians all accidentally ended up in my "holiday snaps" that day.

Two friendlies in Holland! Yeahh! Present at both August 3rd and 5th!

Here is a question. This is the wrong place for it but nevermind.

Jonathan Reis - have you seen anything of him since his injury? Has it broken him? He seemed to be developing into a decent player before that (well documented problems aside).

• 2 weeks later...

Cork City away on Sunday 12th August!

Rovers are based at Fota Island Resort - excellent facilities for pre Season football with the bonus of golf.

I might try and get to the Cork game as expect to be in UK at that time and have family in Dublin so can justify the trip. Will not be at Fota Island though - way out of my budget.

http://www.fleetwoodtownfc.com/2012/07/06/rovers-greek-outing/

Championship Blackburn Rovers will taken on European opposition at Highbury Stadium when AEK Athens visit Lancashire on Sunday, 29th July.

Both sides are no strangers to European competition – Rovers having competed in the UEFA cup and the Greek side reqgularly appear in both UEFA competitions.

Blackburn Rovers v AEK Athens

Highbury Stadium, Fleetwood

Sunday 29 July – 2.00pm KO

:rock:

Archived