BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pre-Season Friendlies

It's a pre-season friendly.....people really need to calm down a bit.......it's all about fitness......and Kean will hopefully learn more about the side with a defeat than he would a win.

Recently, West Ham lost one to Oxford United (League 2).....West Brom lost to Worcester City (Blue Square North)......Man City drew with Dynamo Dresden (German 2nd Division) with a really strong team......Brighton lost 3-2 to Dover.

It seriously doesn't matter.

I agree with 90% of that but don't you have a small concern that we conceeded 4? Usually when we get beat to teams of a much lower standard in pre-season, its a drab 1-0 where we never got going. Conceeding 4 to a Blue Square Premier side implies a hideous lack of organisation, even if it is a friendly.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with 90% of that but don't you have a small concern that we conceeded 4? Usually when we get beat to teams of a much lower standard in pre-season, its a drab 1-0 where we never got going. Conceeding 4 to a Blue Square Premier side implies a hideous lack of organisation, even if it is a friendly.

I have a large concern for every game the imposter remains in charge

The words KEANSCUM and learn do not fit together in the same sentence. IF HE had LEARNED from his mistakes HE WOULD HAVE QUIT a long time ago.

Where the hell is your rationale about KEANSCUM getting to know about his players ? He has not shown a shred of learning in 18 months and more so please leave it out, only a friendly my ar$e

Could not agree more. amazing how many people STILL give Kean the benefit of the doubt after all this time.

What can I say I'm an optimist....well in real life I'm a realist but on forums I prefer to be optimistic....I would rather we won but I'm not gonna get worked up after losing a meaningless friendly.....if we lost our first game of the season 4-2 I really, really wouldn't be giving Kean the benefit of the doubt....and I can't emphasise that enough......unless we lost this one say 5/6-0 but even then not much.

Things Kean could potentially learn from this bearing in mind I didn't see the game.......Myles shouldn't be anywhere the first team.........Jake Kean and Bunn are good enough so we won't have to spend money on a replacement for Robbo........Goodwillie is a striker, not a winger.......Danny Murphy and David Dunn playing together in centre midfield is suicide.......some of our youngsters, especially Henley, are ready for more first team action....they are more lightweight but like someone has pointed out so were Swansea, especially in midfield.

RVG has pointed out Dann looked better.......against lower league opposition sure but you can only play against what's in front of you so it's a bit of a positive.

I don't have faith in Kean in a manager one bit but as he is staying I try to think of positives......there are countless negatives in respect to how we are set up but one small positive was our wingers did start to help out our full backs a bit.....add a Jermaine Jones type player and strikers who do some defensive work and hopefully we might not concede at least 2 goals in basically every game.

Not really as a one-off.....if next game we conceded 4 again then yea I probably would be a bit concerned.....but it's only pre-season and we could lose every game 4-0 and I would wait till Ipswich to give a judgement on what we were like as a team.......a goal's a goal at the end of the day but one was a penalty, one sounded as if it was because of Myles and one was down to Givet's failed backpass......if most of the goals were a result of us being cut open then I would probably be a bit concerned.

Couldn't care less about the result today. Don't think pre-season games are an indication of how a team will perform in the coming season.

Besides, the two teams we put out today were a mixture of first teamers and reserves. People like blackman and Anderson will be nowhere near the team next season. We also have to remember that we are still more than likely to sign 3-4 new players. Our starting line up will probably look something like this (assuming N'Zonzi and Robinson leave):

Bunn

Lowe Dann Hanley Givet

Mackie (?) Murphy Silva (?) Martin Olsson

Best Cox (?)

Subs from: Pedersen, Dunn, Petrovic, Formica, Rochina, Gomes, Nunes, Marcus Olsson, Goodwillie, Henley, Orr, Morris, Simon, Kean, O'Connell, Fernandez, Cotton, R Hanley.

That would be a very impressive first eleven and squad.

• Backroom

Not really. If we beat a Premier League side 4-0 today would you be singing Kean's praises?

No you would be saying it's a meaningless friendly and the result didn't matter.

Nothing to do with today's result, just the rest of your post. I agree that the friendly result doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things, but there is literally no reason to be optimistic with the current rabble in charge of us. To even suggest Kean can "learn" anything after watching him do the same things wrong for 18 months baffles me.

I try to think of positives

And this worrying little Keanism from yourself really concerns me, pal :P

Nothing to do with today's result, just the rest of your post. I agree that the friendly result doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things, but there is literally no reason to be optimistic with the current rabble in charge of us. To even suggest Kean can "learn" anything after watching him do the same things wrong for 18 months baffles me.

[/font][/color]

And this worrying little Keanism from yourself really concerns me, pal :P

I'm just like that on forums to get the discussions going a bit.......I don't have confidence in Kean's ability just that we might be marginally better......ie better enough to not be relegated again......I'm not optimistic about our situation, I just look to try and highlight some positives in amongst the countless negatives.....as for Kean "learning", the only thing I can think of is the wingers doing some defensive work after a while......he hasn't become a better manager or anything, just that maybe he will learn that some of the basics need to be done.....I highly doubt it but I'm not gonna rule it out.

And yea haha I know the word "positive" is now a tainted word, I was actually a bit hesitant to use it.......I just don't see the point of pessimism on a football forum.

What formation will we play?......It doesn't matter Kean is our manager.

Who will we sign?.......It doesn't matter Kean is our manager.

etc etc

I prefer - What formation?.....Hopefully 4-4-2 with a decent defensive midfielder etc

Who we will sign?....A decent defensive midfielder and a left back etc

And then after that, look at it all and try and think of the positives that could make us a better team....although obviously not a good team......it's not like I try and convince myself everything is ok...far from it, I just like to be positive as being negative all the time makes me depressed and not want to watch football anymore as where's the enjoyment?

• Backroom

I see your point, is probably why I've stopped posting on here much. Literally everything I post recently seems to end with "but it doesn't matter as long as Kean is manager". Which is true enough, but redundant after a short while. I don't think I've ever been less interested in the start of a football season.

Gk Jake Kean

RB Jason Lowe

LB Raheem Hanley

CB Scott Dann

CB Miles Anderson

LM Rubin Rochina

CM David Dunn

CM Danny Murphy ©

RM Paulo Jorge

CF Leon Best

CF David Goodwillie

Well im not sure where to start

1. Anderson - its pretty obvious simply not good enough

2. Rochina is never a wide player - either play him in his prefered position or sell him.

3. Dunn and Murphy together????? Neither has the legs.

4. I thought Jorge was a defensive midfielder? So why on the right?

Im still not convinced on Lowe as a fullback. I know we put out two teams so that means its v hard to judge - but cant we at least have players in their proper positions.

We will see if theres an improvement this weekend.

Winning is a habit, so is losing.

This defeat to macc does not bode well.

It is a pre season game for them too, so no excuses imho.

Regardless of the magnitude of this match we should not be allowing them to ship 4 goals past us and should not be losing to them.

For reasons that totally amaze me, many championship teams fans seem to think we are a shoe in for promotion. Leaking 4 goals against Macclesfield does not send out the message that we are going to be serious contenders.

The pre-season games are a good opportunity to get close to Kean and let him know how you feel, without having the worry that you may get banned from the ground.

A chance not to be missed for those who can bring themselves to go.

You are right Ossy Dave, thing is City have a real manager, quality players, are Champions and thrid favourites for the Champions League, Furthermore they have talent in each and every department of their club, they have john Williams and they have sold 37000 season tickets not to mention a 10 yr £14m a year sponsorship deal with many more poinds in the bank.

WE HAVE STEVE KEANSCUM.

Cn you see why a lot of fans are concern ??? It really is very clear my mate,

• Backroom

There's always a chance it's not like he's going up againstt managerial superstars and the team is better than most

Sorry pal, but posts like this just confirm my belief that a lot of people have totally erased the last 18 months of Kean's reign from memory or are puporsefully ignoring the fact Kean cannot consistantly set up a side to win games, regardless of division. Let's not forget we got soundly beaten 2-0 by Cardiff last season in a match we were supposed to be taking very seriously. Getting out of the Championship is not going to be a doddle for us regardless of our team, you need a good manager to get promoted and we don't have one. We have a man who knows as much about tactics as he does telling the truth.

I will happily eat my words should good ol' Stevie Kean lead us to promotion but I'm beyond confident that with him at the helm we stand no chance whatsoever of going up. Signing a 36 year old, a 35 year old and a hundred random portuguese players isn't going to alter my belief.

You are right Ossy Dave, thing is City have a real manager, quality players, are Champions and thrid favourites for the Champions League, Furthermore they have talent in each and every department of their club, they have john Williams and they have sold 37000 season tickets not to mention a 10 yr £14m a year sponsorship deal with many more poinds in the bank.

WE HAVE STEVE KEANSCUM.

Cn you see why a lot of fans are concern ??? It really is very clear my mate,

We have many reasons to be concerned, my point is that a defeat in a poxy pre season friendly is the least of our problems in the grand scheme of things.

If we beat Barcelona in a friendly next week I doubt many positives would be taken from that though, such is life where rovers are concerned these days...

Archived